Most Memoriable Sporting Events You've Attended

When the Vikings and Giants played at Ford Field after the dome collapsed, all the tickets to that game were free so it was pretty wild in there. Dude sitting in front of me lit up a blunt and just passed it down the row
laugh.gif

All my most memorable games were tragic losses/choke jobs
laugh.gif
Granted more often than not my team wins, but I just haven't been to any epic comebacks or hugely important games. Being there when VT won the ACC in 07 was a fun trip and it was good to get revenge on Matt Ryan and Boston College, but it wasn't that epic of a game and the atmosphere was lame with zero hype nationally going into the game. Best I can come up with for  VT would be David Wilson with the game winning KO return late against GT in 2010.

Other than that, probably being there in 05 when the Skins stomped the Cowboys 35-7 and we had like 8 sacks, and earlier this year when the Caps beat Detroit 7-1. All regular season games
laugh.gif

2006 FIFA world cup match between Italy and Australia in Kaiserslatuern Germany. i saw the future champs of the world on their way to the ultimate goal.

also crazy when the world cup was here in the US in '94 my parents saw future champs Brasil win too

I may have posted this in the thread already (too lazy to look through), but

Aaron-Boone-New-York-Yankees-2003-Game-7.jpg

/enoughsaid.

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.  I seriously thought that I paid all of that money and the Lakers were going to lose.  Somehow they pulled off the win and it was all worth it.

Was there in the Delta Center for both these games... was only 5 and 6 years old at the time, but i was there!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All mine have been Soccer games pretty much:

70026ac613e5e7db97cf04504476376980f66719_r.jpg

CRISTIANO RONALDO MAKING HIS 1ST APPEARANCE FOR MANCHESTER UNITED - vs Bolton 2003 (MANCHESTER, ENGLAND)

1ad26416f8e9175a958f325d04acd94441911075_r.jpg

ATLETICO MADRID BEATING ALMERIA TO QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - 2009 (MADRID, SPAIN)

56326ab62bed677c994ff65251958b155f02374b_r.jpg

RONALDO (ORIGINAL) SCORING 3 GOALS IN MANCHESTER IN AN EPIC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT GAME - 2003 (MANCHESTER, ENGLAND)

Apart from them I have been to around 50 Manchester United games, 10 Atletico Madrid games

Really want to go see the Knicks

Champions League match between Chelsea and Apoel at the Bridge. Greatest atmosphere in any sporting event i went to

03 lakers vs knicks

Kobe had 46 and did that baseline dunk on sprewell. It was the start of his 9 straight games with at least 40 points.

Mike Modano's last home game as a Dallas Star...

Brought the dude to tears on the bench during a game timeout and a small video tribute to him and 3-4 minute standing ovation. Later he scores a goal to tie the game with minutes remaining then later scores the game winning goal in overtime.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lebron in hs vs warrensville
Maurice Clarett vs Ignatius in hs
Maurice Clarett 1st game at O state and when he received his first shoulder stinger vs PSU
Lebron first exhibition game at the gund
NC vs Cleveland state..Jawad Williams with the game winner
Nets vs Clippers game earlier this year in NJ..farmar gw
Cp3 at wf in the ncaa tourney in Cleveland
ManU vs Barca last year..sat 1 row from the field
Saw rory win the US open last year

There's more just not as significant

2011-2012: GSW beating the Heat in OT! my life is complete.

2010-2011: GSW beating the Magic in OT. NBA record 36 combined treys. Dubs were down 25 in the 3rd and came back and won. Dwight was pissed!

They scored before my cousin & I made it to our seats. I continued to laugh throughout the rest of the game.
*I'm a Cowboys fan BTW.
happy.gif

What was even better was that the Vikings could have kicked a FG to win the game but they faked it and blew it. Then this happened. 

Probably the worst conditions ive ever been at Lambeau. Monday night freezing rain all night. Well worth it though to see this.

Back
Top Bottom