Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by NT OG

nas...
24lluoh.jpg

2wnwdqx.gif

indifferent.gif
I shouldve copyrighted that Gif when i made it
laugh.gif

But yea..How the !+*! yall saying Nas is overrated..Nas is the greatest rapper alive..If anything JAY Z is overrated..What has he done lately? His last album was trash..Nas has been consistant..Hit album after Hit album..Yall may think Nastradamus was wack..Okay?,.It was his worst album out of all of them,,But its still better than your favorite rapper's best album
Kanye, Jay Z, Camron, the whole dipset crew, LIL WAYNE..T.I, ludacris..all those other south rappers are Overrated Trash except Andre 3000 and UGK
"Nas is overrated" !+*! outta here
laugh.gif
I love Nas and he's in my top 5 but you're going too hard with this post.
laugh.gif

Nastradamus better than my favorite rapper's best album?!
laugh.gif

And American Gangster was definitely not trash. As a matter of fact, it takes a heaping #@($ on Nastradamus.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

jay literally changed hip-hop as we know it

Explain please.
you can't be serious

who changed hip-hop? vinny paz, bruh?

next to pac, jay is the most complete hip-hop artist EVER

he perfected the art of being universally accepted

i know hood n-ggas who think jay is the GOAT and corny suburban white people who swear by him

he's successful in the commercial market and drops street anthems that sets hood clubs on fire

he damn near perfected the art of flow

jay has like the most clones out of any rapper ever

every rapper yall praise on here (wale, wayne, fabolous, pusha, etc) are heavily jay influenced in every way possible

you may not like him but you can't deny the impact he's had on hip-hop

the fact that he came from the projects and is ranked at half billion worth is incredible in itself

yall hate so much on here, just give a dude his props and keep it moving

You still haven't told me how he changed hip hop, though.

Being universally accepted isn't always a good thing. It just means you know how to water it down so white people like it.
A lot of people calling you GOAT when you don't deserve it is exactly why he is overrated.
Commercial success means nothing.
Perfected flow ?
indifferent.gif

Most clones out ?
indifferent.gif

His influence is dwarfed by many other rappers.
He made money, cool.

You should be shot for even thinking he has had as much influence as older rappers who pioneered entire styles and redefined what being a rapper even meant orwhat hip hop music could even encompass.

He has one classic, which barely makes it into the top 20-25 range on a good day. Lyrically he is not that nice at all. His flow and delivery after RD arehideous. He is as overrated as it gets. Only people I know who even put him in the top 5 or 10 are kids new to hip hop, who probably do it on his name poweralone.

bb415eecdec4be756087a6bbf855ae64ae51dae.gif

The music forum is gonna be so much more enjoyable now that Jaz-O/Vinnie Paz's shared account is on ignore.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Being universally accepted isn't always a good thing. It just means you know how to water it down so white people like it.
A lot of people calling you GOAT when you don't deserve it is exactly why he is overrated.
Perfected flow ?
indifferent.gif

Most clones out ?
indifferent.gif

He made money, cool.

You should be shot for even thinking he has had as much influence as older rappers who pioneered entire styles and redefined what being a rapper even meant or what hip hop music could even encompass.

He has one classic, which barely makes it into the top 20-25 range on a good day. Lyrically he is not that nice at all. His flow and delivery after RD are hideous. He is as overrated as it gets. Only people I know who even put him in the top 5 or 10 are kids new to hip hop, who probably do it on his name power alone.
who has dwarfed jay's influence in hip-hop besides rakim? who?

you're gonna name the typical old school cats like kane and g rap, which is cool

but they don't have a bigger influence in 2009 than jay-z

the only person who can be credited as having the biggest influence in hip-hop ever is rakim

rakim changed the way everybody raps, even in 2009

don't start namedropping your favorite backpackers like corny vinnie paz

who has no classics

at all

no, not violent by design

none

Perfected flow ?
indifferent.gif

Most clones out ?
indifferent.gif

He made money, cool.

You should be shot for even thinking he has had as much influence as older rappers who pioneered entire styles and redefined what being a rapper even meant or what hip hop music could even encompass.

He has one classic, which barely makes it into the top 20-25 range on a good day. Lyrically he is not that nice at all. His flow and delivery after RD are hideous. He is as overrated as it gets. Only people I know who even put him in the top 5 or 10 are kids new to hip hop, who probably do it on his name power alone.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And the thing is.

You probably believe all that %#!! you just typed.

smh.gif

Just stop typing, you lost all credibility already. You clearly have little to no hip hop knowledge talking about only Rakim.

I don't even understand what you are typing anymore. You are saying dudes who changed the game from redefining lyricism, expanding the horizons of hiphop... are not mentionable because they "don't have a bigger influence than jay-z in 2009" ?

Without some of these dudes Jay wouldn't even be here.

Are you serious son ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

By even using the term backpacker it's clear you know nothing about underground rap in general.

Violent by Design is a top 5 of all-time album. By itself, it changed what underground rap even meant and bought Philly back on the map. Jay-Z doesn't evenhave anything touching it with a 10 foot pole. Lyrically, production wise... nothing. If Jay was guest featured for a verse he would have gotten destroyedharder than he did on tracks with Big L. Tons of underground dudes/groups have classics, many better than Jay's best effort.

Expand your scope beyond BET and hot 97 or don't even bother posting anymore.

Violent by Design is a top 5 of all-time album. By itself, it changed what underground rap even meant and bought Philly back on the map.
..........and cut

nothing more to see here

Originally Posted by FlyNY

nas...
24lluoh.jpg

2wnwdqx.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

But yea..How the !+*! yall saying Nas is overrated..Nas is the greatest rapper alive..If anything JAY Z is overrated..What has he done lately? His last album was trash..Nas has been consistant..Hit album after Hit album..Yall may think Nastradamus was wack..Okay?,.It was his worst album out of all of them,,But its still better than your favorite rapper's best album
Kanye, Jay Z, Camron, the whole dipset crew, LIL WAYNE..T.I, ludacris..all those other south rappers are Overrated Trash except Andre 3000 and UGK
laugh.gif

9aa2a0.gif

$@#!$. American gangster was a classic. Better than nas last 3 albums combined. Nas has absolutely ZERO replay value.

I know mideast is about to stone face me but BIG L, N_ had one album and some mixtapes and dues think he is goat F_ outtah here

^Son doesn't even know what he's talking about.

He had 2 albums just like Biggie.

and:

an album with DITC
an album with CotC

countless freestyles, a live album and tons of unreleased work.

He is a very legitimate contender for GOAT. You will never find a track Big L was on that he didn't absolutely destroy, even with Pac, Biggie and Pun onthem. The material he is on with Jay... he obliterates him.

Jay-Z
Lupe
Em
Wayne
Budden
Biggie (on NT)
Tupac
Drake/Wale/Cudi/Kanye/other lames NT rides
Andre 3000
Cee-Lo
Ross/50 cent/the majority of the mainstream/south

many more

Do you even like rap?

yeah he had two albums, he still overated, hell dude really didn't have a Strong buzz as a tupac or biggie and his voice is annoying as hell. Can he spityeah, but PAC and big had way better tracks then him.

ahhh the ignore feature is soooo handy...

-Weezy. I seee Flashes but nothing solid. If he wrote he'd actually be nice
-Juelz to a degree. he used to be soooo good. He could be the total package if he wanted NH
-Fabolous. I like son but he cant make a complete album...and if i say that I'ma say Jadakiss as well

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by FlyNY

nas...
24lluoh.jpg

2wnwdqx.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

9aa2a0.gif

$@#!$. American gangster was a classic. Better than nas last 3 albums combined. Nas has absolutely ZERO replay value.
%++ ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
You must be on what LiL Wayne is on..
American Gangster > Nas' last three albums???
So you're telling me that
American Gangster is better than Streets Disciple, Hip Hop is Dead, and Untitled??
#+@%% Please..Its not better than Untitled alone
2dlrqdu.gif

I knew not to click on this thread, alot of foolery posted BUT I couldn't let this pass.
But yea..How the !+*! yall saying Nas is overrated..Nas is the greatest rapper alive..If anything JAY Z is overrated..What has he done lately? His last album was trash
American Gangster is definitely a great album. 4/5 EASY.

,But its still better than your favorite rapper's best album

• Blueprint
  • Reasonable Doubt
  • Black Album
Tell me Nastradamus is better than those three.

By even using the term backpacker it's clear you know nothing about underground rap in general.

Violent by Design is a top 5 of all-time album. By itself, it changed what underground rap even meant and bought Philly back on the map. Jay-Z doesn't even have anything touching it with a 10 foot pole. Lyrically, production wise... nothing. If Jay was guest featured for a verse he would have gotten destroyed harder than he did on tracks with Big L. Tons of underground dudes/groups have classics, many better than Jay's best effort.

Expand your scope beyond BET and hot 97 or don't even bother posting anymore.
This is why no one respects the underground scene.

Back
Top Bottom