Most Underrated Artists in Music History

air spider 777

Supporter
Since we had the overrated thread, lets give this topic a shot. It would be nice if people could come in here, give their reasoning, and if possible posts videos. Exposes us to maybe some people we never heard, some song we never heard, e.t.c.

Anyways, first guy I'm going to go with is Robert Palmer. Every one knows him for "Addicted to Love". but he was much more than that. He had a versatile voice and sang plenty of genres nicely!

Anyways here are a few examples of his work.

Another artist I am going to go with is Jay Black from Jay and the Americans. He had a powerful voice, surprised he didnt have a more successful music career.

Harry Nilsson is another artist I can think of. Nice voice, but he never really cared to really promote himself and have concerts. The guy rarely did concerts. Odd fellow.

And some people may disagree with me here but I think Roy Orbison is the main guy who is underrated. I believe his voice is near the top of the list.

Alright I'll add more when I can think of it but I would like to hear who else everyone wants to add!

I don't want to say they are THE most underrated band ever or anything, but Angels and Airwaves are slept on so hard by the majority

Phonte!!!as a MC and singer.Dude is such a amazing talent.Some of the most relatable music i've ever heard.

N.E.R.D. - Their discography is flawless... 4 great albums & they're able to reinvent a new sound for each album.
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is Certain is a great album... His overall catalogue is real solid too.
Joe Budden - Great lyricist, story teller, & puts a lot of emotion & honesty into his records (I've always respected him for that).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom