Motivational quotes to keep you going.

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." Marcus Aurelius

Last edited:
"Invest in those who invest in you. Invest in good character. Be a good character person yourself. Treat others how you want to be treated yourself, just filter out the truly sh--ty people from your life first. The only people I call "friends" are people who would give me a kidney if I was dying, would go down with me to the last bullet, would ride and die with me if I had to take on the entire world."

"You die alone, so have no regrets in the interim."

"You are not alone if you are lonely."

Most of these quotes hit me too damn hard.

Your boy is drinking whisky and shedding a tear reading these posts while a stripper's butt cheeks are in my face.

yea thats a good one.

actually makes me want to change certain things if i say that to myself

Carpe diem = Seize the day (Anonymous)

Debatuo ergo sum = I f*ck therefore I exist (R.P. Warren. A Place to Come to.)

A man’s virtue may be the defect of his desire, as his crime may be but a function of his virtue. (R.P. Warren. All the King’s Men.)

A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right, but also to be wrong. (Th.Szasz)

To thine own self be true.

Most necessary that we forget to pay to ourselves what to ourselves is debt. (W.Shakespeare. Hamlet.)

Avoid pride: it will blind you to the excellence, which otherwise you might attain.

Feelings of inferiority can be overcome in a test of strength with the other. (Dolard. Victory over Fear.)

Venial sins cut you off from grace more completely than the worst sins of all. (Gr.Greene. The Power and the Glory.)

To be on the alert is to live; to be lulled into security is to die. (O.Wilde)

Три силы сатаны предшествуют всем грехам: первая - забвение, вторая - нерадение, третья - греховное вожделение. (Неизвестный святой отец)

= Three satan’s powers pave the way for all the sins: the first is forgetfullness, the second is negligence, the third is sinful desire. (An unknown Church Father)

D’Amato would tell his fighters that fear is the same for the coward and the hero, that how we react to it is what separates the two. (M.Katz)

Anxiety always arises when we confront the possibility of our own development. (S.Kierkegaard)

Winning is about honoring your opponent by doing the best you can. (Anonymous)

Imagining the fight is always worse than the fight itself. (T.Atlas)

In marriage being the right person is as important as finding the right person. (W.D. Dough)

That EFFORT - when it’s the most you can give - is something worth living for, whether you finish or not. (J.Ridge, J.Zimmer)

Anything that is worth doing is worth doing badly. (G.K.Chesterton).

Neither the artist nor the scientist should ever prefer themselves over the truth they’ve been called upon to tell - that’s all the moral. (A.Gide. A Treatise on Narcissus. Translated from Russian translation by yours truly.)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

After the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit. (J.F. Kennedy)

I am not yet born; O fill me
With strength against those who would freeze my
humanity, would dragoon me into a lethal automaton,
would make me a cog in a machine, a thing with
one face, a thing, and against all those
who would dissipate my entirety, would
blow me like thistledown hither and
thither or hither and thither
like water held in the
hands would spill me. (L.McNeice. Prayer Before Birth.)

There are ends, which, even if not reached, are worth approaching.

And I trust you will do your instructor credit And put the fear of God - or of Man - into that Dragon. (L.McNeice. The Dark Tower.)

Louis MacNeice

Back
Top Bottom