Mount Mutombo Appreciation, one of the best defensive big men ever in NBA history

that quote is fitting, cause it's always been about way more than basketball with him

frown.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

That's really too bad. Seems like a really good guy. Great character. Real classy and generous.

He'll be missed for sure.
Co-sign.

Man I am getting depressed and old,lol.

All the players that came out during my teenage years are leaving one by one.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I have a question....how is him waving his finger NOT a technical foul? I love when he does it, but isn't that a form of taunting? No different than staring down someone if you dunk on their head....
I think the NBA told him as long as he waves his finger towards to crowd, it's fine... But if he was waving it in someone's face, he'dget T'd up...

Hall of Famer?

Thanks for everything Mount Mutumbo
pimp.gif
I'm sad to see you go, believe it or not. I didn't think I could care this much, but your presence in theleague has been almost as long as my presence on EARTH. It's kinda hard to see the NBA w/o you
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Mutombo, you've been a great player and an even better person, we haven't heard the last from you though. It's a shame that he didn't get to get closer to Dream, but Dream was special.

But he's ahead of greats like...........
Dude it tok me quoting, bolding, and staring at this post of yours just to realize you meant "IN BLOCKS". I was finna start launchingverbal kamehamehas and %+%%...

Yes He'll always be good money in my book for his Denver and Philly stint.

Favorite moment from him came when MJ Dunked on him gave him the finger waive and he laughed.

Great Person.

Things I appreciate

1) Finger wagging; iconic move
2) His foundation; just shows the size of this man's heart

One of the few Georgetown Centers of that generation I respect.

Wish he could of been Healthy all year when he was on the Nets.

Sad what happened last night especially for it to be against someone that is younger than him but looks like he is 20 years older than Mutombo.

Deke is def appreciated.

The finger WAG imo is almost iconic as the fadaway or tongue out on the playground court. I remember doing it if I blocked or shot, or even playing a videogame.

And of course he was seemingly a great guy.

"I've had a wonderful 18 years of staying injury-free, so I just want to go out with my head up, no regrets," he said.

tired.gif

This guy has one of the biggest hearts on and off the court... I always appreciated him for that...

Sad way to end a great career...

dude was a beast with the blocks, finger wag, and rebs
great humanitarian

still get that image of him holding the ball after defeating sonics

rick adelman needs to send in the goons (joey dorsey) and rough up oden!!!

Back
Top Bottom