Movie: Another Earth

I just caught a screening in San Francisco and they even had a Q&A with the director Mike Cahill and Brit Marling(the main character), two very down to earth people off set. I must say this movie was amazing. A poetic sci-fi drama that isn't over the top or trying too hard by any means. I definitely recommend it.

I just caught a screening in San Francisco and they even had a Q&A with the director Mike Cahill and Brit Marling(the main character), two very down to earth people off set. I must say this movie was amazing. A poetic sci-fi drama that isn't over the top or trying too hard by any means. I definitely recommend it.

Yup, limited release on July 22nd and a wider release will be in the next month or so.

Yup, limited release on July 22nd and a wider release will be in the next month or so.

Saw the trailer on apple and it was intriguing. Also has the chick from the *%$@# episode of Community.

Saw the trailer on apple and it was intriguing. Also has the chick from the *%$@# episode of Community.

Brit Marling not only acted in the movie, she co-wrote and co-produced it as well. She did the same thing with the Sound of My Voice. Very talented and smart individual.

Brit Marling not only acted in the movie, she co-wrote and co-produced it as well. She did the same thing with the Sound of My Voice. Very talented and smart individual.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

Any idea if Sound of My Voice would be released or when?

Originally Posted by cryptikman

Any idea if Sound of My Voice would be released or when?

saw that trailer a while back... def looks interesting.

as a SciFi fan...I'm not sure how much sci-fi it is.. looks more character driven.

here's a couple more new flics than look promising

as a SciFi fan...I'm not sure how much sci-fi it is.. looks more character driven.

here's a couple more new flics than look promising

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Yeah, the reviews say how it is more about relationships rather than sci-fi.
But Contagion looks great, I can't wait to see it. 

Yeah, the reviews say how it is more about relationships rather than sci-fi.
But Contagion looks great, I can't wait to see it. 

Same here, I became more interested because I love Community and recognized Brit right away (I believe she also wrote this flick).
I'm still waiting for a trailer for Andrew Niccol's, In Time. Other than Cillian Murphy and Olivia Wilde, I'm not a fan of the rest of the cast, but Niccol is my favorite sci-fi director/writer right now.

Back
Top Bottom