Movie looks cray: THE PURGE starring Ethan Hawke

Movie ain't out yet and people already hating. I'm Due for a thriller. I'll check it out

Eh, looks like some type of Eagle Eye x Strangers hybrid. Not one to judge based off of trailers though. Will keep an eye out.

Last edited:
It's likely about the family and not the whole city for story and budget reasons.

The emotional element wouldn't be there unless you can focus on a select group of characters.. And protecting one's family is a huge conflict that people want to see.

Plus having to make a movie about an entire city would be far more costly than focusing it on a single home

Saw the trailer and I'm looking forward to the movie. :nthat:

I like the concept and enjoy what they're trying to get at.

-Drew

Started off as an interesting concept but from what I see it'll get generic and basic.

I mean talk about dumb kid being naive and foolish.

We shall see though.

Started off as an interesting concept but from what I see it'll get generic and basic.

I mean talk about dumb kid being naive and foolish.

We shall see though.

He saved ya boy, have a heart!

What if they started a purge in real life? :nerd:

Would NT help each other out? :nerd:

The concept is good, but I feel like it'll be like all the other "Trapped In House" movie...
This. They should have taken the concept and shown what was going on out in the world - perhaps followed the guy who is the target of the purge rather than some family with a super-house.

wut... I must be the only one that thinks the concept is ridiculously dumb. Daybreakers was :x

How is it dumb? Population control is very real.

Really doe? A day where all hell breaks loose? Lets be cereal, how many of you guys would actually participate? Would you really wreak havoc and destroy your own neighborhood? Would you allow others? Would you go out of your way and risk your own life? Its a voluntarily free for all that you don't have to partake, so why would you?. We have been domesticated to not resort to violence and just because you have been given the green light, doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it. If crack was legal, would you smoke it? If rape was legal, would you rape someone? Its all up to personal preference but I doubt anyone would do something just for the sake of it being legal for 12 hours. I also doubt someone would idly do nothing and just let random people wreck their town. Pretty sure there would be some kind of neighborhood watch set up but that's my theory. Based on the trailer, I just don't see how this is plausible.

wut... I must be the only one that thinks the concept is ridiculously dumb. Daybreakers was :x

Really doe? A day where all hell breaks loose? Lets be cereal, how many of you guys would actually participate? Would you really wreak havoc and destroy your own neighborhood? Would you allow others? Would you go out of your way and risk your own life? Its a voluntarily free for all that you don't have to partake, so why would you?. We have been domesticated to not resort to violence and just because you have been given the green light, doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it. If crack was legal, would you smoke it? If rape was legal, would you rape someone? Its all up to personal preference but I doubt anyone would do something just for the sake of it being legal for 12 hours. I also doubt someone would idly do nothing and just let random people wreck their town. Pretty sure there would be some kind of neighborhood watch set up but that's my theory. Based on the trailer, I just don't see how this is plausible.

Black Friday is real, though.

Black Friday is real, though.

Yeah but that's because we have been wired to consume. We rather look at how much we saved than how much we have spent.

It's not just for the sake of it. Are you that dense? Did you watch the preview?

POPULATION CONTROL.

Right now, in the real world, we figuratively fight our ways to the top.

In their world, it's more literal. You kill your competition. Survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed. Dog eat dog.

It's not just for the sake of it. Are you that dense? Did you watch the preview?

POPULATION CONTROL.

Right now, in the real world, we figuratively fight our ways to the top.

In their world, it's more literal. You kill your competition. Survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed. Dog eat dog

:lol: yo, take it easy. I only saw the trailer once. I don't recall it mention anything about population control. And what are you talking about b? Did you watch the preview? The preview conveyed nothing about that. A world with 1% unemployment. All time low crime rate... that doesn't seem to be a "dog eat dog" or "kill or be killed" mentality to me. You're bring up matters that are unrelated to the movie trailer. If anything, they portray people as even more civilized and the purge is a day for them to release all their pent up stress.

:lol: yo, take it easy. I only saw the trailer once. I don't recall it mention anything about population control. And what are you talking about b? Did you watch the preview? The preview conveyed nothing about that. A world with 1% unemployment. All time low crime rate... that doesn't seem to be a "dog eat dog" or "kill or be killed" mentality to me. You're bring up matters that are unrelated to the movie trailer. If anything, they portray people as even more civilized and the purge is a day for them to release all their pent up stress.

How do you think it got to 1% unemployment and an all time low crime rate dunny? They just had a sudden boom of factories?

No, people got killed off. The jobless and the criminals were killed first. But hey, I could be wrong. That's just my hypothesis.

They portrayed the purge as straight murder mainly.

Day where everybody is allowed to murder = less population = more jobs/less crime

How do you think it got to 1% unemployment and an all time low crime rate dunny? They just had a sudden boom of factories?

No, people got killed off. The jobless and the criminals were killed first. But hey, I could be wrong. That's just my hypothesis.

They portrayed the purge as straight murder mainly.

Day where everybody is allowed to murder = less population = more jobs/less crime

Dude chill out. First of all, I'm just stating why I dislike the movie. Why are you attacking me personally? I'm not dense. I'm not a dunny either. And yes, it is your hypothesis so you're not basing your point from the trailer but instead anticipating your own speculation. They portray the purge as murder in some extent but the true purpose is a day where everything is legal. In the trailer, the dad explains the purge as a way to relieve pent up stress. I'm going off from what I saw. They portray the purge as a free for all but yet they target one guy so I don't understand that either. Lets just agree to disagree on each others' opinions and leave it as that.

Dude chill out. First of all, I'm just stating why I dislike the movie. Why are you attacking me personally? I'm not dense. I'm not a dunny either. And yes, it is your hypothesis so you're not basing your point from the trailer but instead anticipating your own speculation. They portray the purge as murder in some extent but the true purpose is a day where everything is legal. In the trailer, the dad explains the purge as a way to relieve pent up stress. I'm going off from what I saw. They portray the purge as a free for all but yet they target one guy so I don't understand that either. Lets just agree to disagree on each others' opinions and leave it as that.

My bad. We cool fam :D

Back
Top Bottom