Movie looks cray: THE PURGE starring Ethan Hawke

Would be white folks to go murder people... Told yall this movie got too much racist **** in there

is it scary or not? like do i have to pretend im not scared if something happens? i gotta take my girl. warn me before i look pie.

Smh would be a group of white folks chasing one black dude, making it seems more propaganda for white folks to steer away from helping them
QFT.

The movie looks like its playing on a few of white fantasies and propaganda:

One day to let all the hate out.
Save a black guy (like we haven't seen this before)
Kill a black guy and get away with it (lynching)
The consequences of white girl love for black men.

Ethan Hawke is very underrated.

Some of my all time favorites have featured him.

i give it a couple of years and i bet you society is going to turn into absolute chaos, just like the first few minutes of this movie.

This would be cooler if they expanded it and went outside the house. Just have a whole city gone wild.

This would be cooler if they expanded it and went outside the house. Just have a whole city gone wild.
This. The idea of one night where laws weren't enforced is brilliant on it's own, they shouldn't have tried to make it into a horror movie where the plot could be relatively generic. Why not follow four characters leading up to that one night and show how their backstories play a part in their actions on that night and how their stories all tie together? Could have been a lot better if they didn't settle for a horror movie.

This. The idea of one night where laws weren't enforced is brilliant on it's own, they shouldn't have tried to make it into a horror movie where the plot could be relatively generic. Why not follow four characters leading up to that one night and show how their backstories play a part in their actions on that night and how their stories all tie together? Could have been a lot better if they didn't settle for a horror movie.
eek.gif
 Seriously, that would be a great movie and so much more developed than this horror version

eek.gif
 Seriously, that would be a great movie and so much more developed than this horror version
I was actually thinking a lot about it the other day and I stumbled upon this thread today. 
laugh.gif
 I was thinking for characters they could have a poor person living on the streets of the town who's hoping to steal his way to a better life, the dad of the family who represents someone of a higher status that he's trying to protect, the daughter of the family who is innocent/sees the plight of those less fortunate, a hardened criminal plotting revenge against a police officer who put him behind bars for years, and that police officer who's in the strange situation where on this night instead of hunting down criminals, the criminals are trying to hunt him down. All of those characters could play off of one another and the one night represents the opportunity of drastic change in their lives.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking a lot about it the other day and I stumbled upon this thread today. 
laugh.gif
 I was thinking for characters they could have a poor person living on the streets of the town who's hoping to steal his way to a better life, the dad of the family who represents someone of a higher status that he's trying to protect, the daughter of the family who is innocent/sees the plight of those less fortunate, a hardened criminal plotting revenge against a police officer who put him behind bars for years, and that police officer who's in the strange situation where on this night instead of hunting down criminals, the criminals are trying to hunt him down. All of those characters could play off of one another and the one night represents the opportunity of drastic change in their lives.

NT should pull money together and get this started!

or instead of going a serious route do something like "Hobo with a Shotgun". That would a really fun movie to watch

looks pretty cool, watching this with some friends tonight.. No idea what I do would do if it happened in real life :nerd:

laugh.gif

NT should pull money together and get this started!

or instead of going a serious route do something like "Hobo with a Shotgun". That would a really fun movie to watch
Yeah for real! The non serious route could produce a fun movie like that as well, the concept/backstory is pretty adaptable.

Back
Top Bottom