MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

It's been real moviepass but it look like today..

giphy.webp

Just got the email as I was buying a ticket. It shows I have "2 movies" left under my account. My actual annualsign up date was the December 23rd. They said I signed up for annual on August 21.
Time for me to do a full charge back, because I know they won't refund me correctly for prorated months August to Dec. Even they notified me of this huge change after my "renewal date". :smh:

Just got the email as I was buying a ticket. It shows I have "2 movies" left under my account. My actual annualsign up date was the December 23rd. They said I signed up for annual on August 21.
Time for me to do a full charge back, because I know they won't refund me correctly for prorated months August to Dec. Even they notified me of this huge change after my "renewal date". :smh:
That what I got to do too. A full chargeback but I used PayPal..

I`m on an annual plan that renews Dec 3, if I cancel now you all are saying I will get a refund of the time difference?

I liked how they bolded the part about not being able to sign up again for 9 months if I cancel now.

Had me doing the Conceited gif :smh:

Damn. Well I guess the jig is up.

I shouldve known something wws up when it's 5pm and there were still so many movies available.

I foolishly okayed some updates on my phone and I guess one of them was MP cuz as I'm about to check in to see Papillon I dont get the normal check-in pop-up but "continue". Then a message saying I've already seen 4 movies this up so they can just offer $2 off this ticket.

:smh:

Passed on movies this evening snd Imma just have to give it to an with no Vaseline when I catch the matinee amd see 2 more movies.

That what I got to do too. A full chargeback but I used PayPal..
Same here, just opened a case with PayPal through the Resolution Center. I am just asking for a half refund since they started limiting movies around July, which was about 6 months into my annual agreement. Obviously it’s been impossible trying to contact them today.
Initially I thought about doing a full chargeback but I think I’m being fair here. If they don’t agree to it, I’ll try a chargeback or try their prorate offer before the 8/31 deadline. |l

So since I’ve already seen more than 3 movies this month and they changed me over to the new plan. Can’t see anymore movies this month...... :smh:

467BC68F-614C-462A-8195-F88A2285FC87.jpeg

Damn so I check again after reading some of yall getting an email and now I can check in and it says I have 3 movies left.

Problem is they say my cycle renews in September. I didn't sign up until late Nov/early Dec.

Also I never get e-mails. Never from them. At best I get a message on the the app about some changes.

Exactly what is this prorated refund? I get money back on how many months left or are they taking money off for how many tickets you purchased.

Here’s the email I received:

Code:
Hi Sam,

We want to thank you for being a loyal member of our annual MoviePass plan. Your commitment to MoviePass has contributed to making our vision for an accessible and affordable moviegoing experience a reality. After experimenting with different models and options, we believe that our current monthly plan captures the need of our community — keeping prices low while continually striving to offer a wider selection of films.

As of today, aligned with Section 2.4 of our Terms of Use, your annual subscription plan will now allow you to see 3 movies a month instead of the previous unlimited offering, and you'll receive up to a $5.00 discount on any additional movie tickets purchased. This is the current standard plan now in effect for all current and new subscribers. Unless you choose to cancel your subscription prematurely, your plan will continue within these guidelines through the end of your annnual contract. Additionally, in making these adjustments to our annual plans, we intend to expand our offering of blockbuster and independent films so you can discover a wider variety of movies.

If this new plan no longer aligns with your viewing preferences, we completely understand and would be happy to offer you a refund for the remainder of your annual subscription. If you choose to cancel, please make sure to press the cancelation button below. By doing so you will receive a prorated refund and your annual subscription will be canceled. Cancelation will also prevent you from signing up for MoviePass again for the next 9 months. Please note that you have until 8/31/2018 to complete this process.

CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION

If you choose to remain a MoviePass member under this new plan, you don't need to take any further action. Note that there will be NO additional charge for the remaining time of your annual subscription (except for additional movie tickets purchased beyond your 3 per month allotment).

The new plan's movie allotment for this month works as follows: because you began your annual subscription on August 21, any movie you saw on or past August 21 will count toward this month's allotment of movies. If you have already used your 3 movies for this month, you will still be allowed to purchase additional movies at a discount.

Your new plan will allow you to:
See both Blockbuster & Independent films
Choose from a rotating selection of films daily, accessible via our online schedule
Buy additional tickets with discounts of up to $5 (discounts will vary depending on your location and movie title selection)
Watch at 91% of movie theaters in the U.S.
Get invites to special events and screenings

We hope you choose to stay part of our MoviePass community as we revolutionize the moviegoing industry together.

Thank you for your continued support,
The MoviePass Team

Copyright © 2018 MoviePass, All rights reserved.
175 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014

If you'd like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here click here.

Been reading the news from today, but still haven't got the change email. MP app even updated this afternoon and acct details screen unchanged. Funny thing is actually bought yesterday noon and exchanged for different movie last night and bought a new ticket around noon today for late tonight.
Kinda weird. But everyone's reaction on point. Time to abandon ship when forced change.

I’m an annual subscriber and haven’t gotten the change email yet. If I do, I’ll probably end up canceling and joining A-list. 3 movies a month won’t cut it, especially after these last few months of watching at least two a week

So I got the e-mail today but I opened the app first and these bastards changed the **** on me again.

Yesterday my subscription was in September and that was wrong. Now they switched it to ****ing July and are saying if I want to continue using I gotta re-up now.

Nah b. There's gonna be consequen9ces and repercussions now.

Where do you go tot all these bastards you've been shorted 4 months on your plan and they got it wrong?

Its a good thing I been changed credit card info so they just tried charging a cancelled card :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom