MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Just saw Sinemia now has a $9.99 /month plan for 3 movies not including 3d/imax but there's a 19.99 initiation fee if you dont want to sign up for an annual plan. At this point jumping ship from MP seems like a no brainer. How has everyone's experience with Sinemia been?
I read up on and and it seems like its a bit more work than MP. you also have to pay the theatre convenience fee unless you go through facebook movies. I decided against it, seemed like more of a headache

Team AMC love it. Reservation straight from my phone and. Get dope price when I buy a second ticket for my girl.

Ended up paying 5 bucks for 2 tickets for ‘searching’

I already have tickets for Searching for tomorrow.

The only other new movie on my radar is Operation Finale

I might have to try and use Moviepass this weekend to try and keep open spots for the IMAX Marvel movies

https://www.sinemia.com/new-plans

Sinemia has some new plans.

15 a month gets you 3 movies a month, advanced tickets, 3d, imax, premium, etc.... or a 10 dollar for 2 movies a month. Not a bad deal if AMC is not your primary theater.

I just saw a poll where they said 50% of Moviepass subscribers are thinking about cancelling. They need to promote this more. This will drive the final stake in Moviepass coffin.

Apprently my MoviePass account is ineligible for a prorated refund. :smh:

Why not?

Yeah, I for the email to re up or cancel by August 31st if I want a refund, if I don’t cancel by then I can’t get a refund.

Gonna try to get Operation Finale and Kin in before the month is up.

Just got this email from AMC. I’ve probably used MP at AMC maybe twice in the past 3 months. And without MP, I occasionally go to AMC theaters with my girl or parents once/twice a month, at the most. :smh:
AMC Stubs said:
This email is to inform you that your AMC Stubs account has been flagged due to a large number of tickets that were purchased and refunded. We are sending this email to remind you that our terms and conditions state an AMC Stubs membership may not extend to organizations, and the level of purchases on your account are large enough to demonstrate that of a business or other type of group. If this activity continues, your account may be deactivated due to suspected fraud.

Additionally: your account has been earning rewards using the MoviePass program. We would like to remind you that purchases through subscription services such as MoviePass are not eligible for AMC Stubs participation, per the Terms & Conditions that you entered into when you became an AMC Stubs member. If this activity continues, your account may be deactivated due to suspected fraud.

You may review our terms and conditions here http://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/terms-and-conditions.

anyone else get this email earlier today? :lol:

CD0E422F-62D8-4DAF-929B-4896A07A2766.jpeg

Just got this email from AMC. I’ve probably used MP at AMC maybe twice in the past 3 months. And without MP, I occasionally go to AMC theaters with my girl or parents once/twice a month, at the most. :smh:
This don't make any kind of sense to me.

Its 3 movies a week right? How can you use it so much they think you're a group or organization? :lol:

Also you should know better than to use MP @ an AMC theater and use AMC A-list when we all know AMC hates MP :lol:
anyone else get this email earlier today? :lol:

CD0E422F-62D8-4DAF-929B-4896A07A2766.jpeg
:nerd:

They trying to reel ppl back in :lol:

A years worth of movie pass for free :lol:

I had only Kin available at my AMC Theater today. And that was for two times.

Have you checked your history?

Sounds like someone has your card or account number. Maybe they sent it by accident.

This don't make any kind of sense to me.

Its 3 movies a week right? How can you use it so much they think you're a group or organization? :lol:

Also you should know better than to use MP @ an AMC theater and use AMC A-list when we all know AMC hates MP
I don’t have a-list. I used mp at amc just twice in nearly 3 months. The other times I just bought two or three tickets at a time, only like twice a month usually during their $5 Tuesday’s. I’m sure others have used their stubs far more than me.

Have you checked your history?

Sounds like someone has your card or account number. Maybe they sent it by accident.
Didn’t think about checking my history, could be accidentally. After years of having stubs, I just recently earned a $5 reward, so I doubt I’m considered a heavy user. The only reason I started using amc recently is due to their Tuesday deal. Most of the amc locations nearby are out of my way or I’d get a-list.
I do buy tickets via atom and cancel sometimes due to my nature of work. Atom allows cancels with full refund up to 30 min before showtime, so not sure why that would be a problem with them?

I cancelled the other day. They do let you know on their site how much you'll be getting back before you hit that 'Cancel' button. My prorated refund was about 63% of what I originally paid.
Thanks for the info. I tried canceling but it says they don’t have a credit card on record and to update my account. I originally paid them using PayPal. I tried disputing with PayPal, but they closed my case without any explanation or reason. I don’t trust MP with my card info and I can’t seem to even access the account details on the app recently. :smh:

I don’t have a-list. I used mp at amc just twice in nearly 3 months. The other times I just bought two or three tickets at a time, only like twice a month usually during their $5 Tuesday’s. I’m sure others have used their stubs far more than me.
Oh I see now.

They may just be salty. Probably saw an uptick in usage on your account and think its suspicious.

Tell them EAD & die I ain't been breaking any rules. I'm not no damn organization or business.

You definitly should look in to the large amount of tickets purchased and refunded though. That's probably why they think you scamming and shady.

Searching was pretty dope.

I just realized it seems Moviepass is anti AMC, because at the other theaters they seem straight.

enjoyed it so much, i might catch it a second time on imax. the music and visuals was off the charts. still cant believe they did this 50 yrs ago

It is?

My lady and I both have movie pass. How does the AMC card work? Can I just have 1 subscription and then get a discount on 2nd tix?

Yeah it gives you the second ticket at market price, so it will be cheaper

Officially canceled today. Getting $22 back. It was fun while it lasted. I got more than I couldve asked for. Now it's onto to A-List. Peepin Searching this weekend. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom