MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I was expecting Peppermint to be as bad as the Death Wish remake and Proud Mary so I was pleasantly surprised it was better in certain/most ways.

She got her Punisher on and that was that. I agree a few certain kills should've been shown or done better but for me the action was so good and smooth I cared less about background as it progressed. 5 years passed and she got her Bruce Wayne on, I'll accept it.

Last edited:
I disagree, I thought it was worse than Death Wish and Proud Mary.

They gave no background. I was watching the movie and wondering if I fell asleep, because they left out key components of the movie.

The three most important people who you want her to seek revenge on they don't even show.

It's a MAGA approved movie the way they showed latinos.

I disagree, I thought it was worse than Death Wish and Proud Mary.

They gave no background.
What background did you want?

Granted for me, it got to a point where I didnt want any more background and for them to just stick to the action which is what really shines in this flick.

Fam got killed, corrupt system let the murderers go, she escapes from a potential psych hold, steals from her bank job, flees the country and spends 5 years training and collecting weaponry to kill everyone involved with the death of her family, the cover up, etc.

Death Wish was horrible. Provided background and was less believable.

Proud Mary was just bad.

The three most important people who you want her to seek revenge on they don't even show.
Who?

The main person I saw they didn't show her kill was the defense lawyer who tried to bribe her. She killed him and the DA off screen. One got drowned.

The 3 guys who killed her family were strung up on the Ferris wheel. They showed how she killed one of them in his car at the very beginning of the movie.

It's a MAGA approved movie the way they showed latinos.
No worse than Death Wish which also covered black ppl with the stereotypes

This movie dealt with a drug kingpin that worked for the cartel. Not sure how they avoid the MAGA stereotypes. Although I dont recall any rapists in the movie.

Last edited:
are white supremacist ever the villain in movies?

only time i can remember is in breaking bad and american history x

The classic film Best of the Best 3: No Turning Back :lol: :pimp:

A martial arts instructor comes to the defense of a schoolteacher who has taken a stand against a local white supremacist organization.

BlackKklansman
Get Out
Birth of a Nation
12 Years A Slave
Life
Loving
Blindspotting
Amistad
Bamboozled
Do the Right Thing
Django Unchained
Marshall
Glory
Mississippi Burning
A Time To Kill
Imperium
Supremacy

Not as many tv shows though when I think about it.

rosewood-movie-poster-1997-1020230768.jpg

Had to choose between demonic nun or pi$$ed off mom. And movie was not that bad. Went in with low expectations.
-had a character and plot twist
-the girl scout mom reunion was funny
-and then the guy on right
Peppermint is like Mile22.
Action saves the movie.

anigif_enhanced-16227-1421765634-5.gif

Last edited:
What background did you want?

Granted for me, it got to a point where I didnt want any more background and for them to just stick to the action which is what really shines in this flick.

Fam got killed, corrupt system let the murderers go, she escapes from a potential psych hold, steals from her bank job, flees the country and spends 5 years training and collecting weaponry to kill everyone involved with the death of her family, the cover up, etc.

Death Wish was horrible. Provided background and was less believable.

Proud Mary was just bad.

Who?

The main person I saw they didn't show her kill was the defense lawyer who tried to bribe her. She killed him and the DA off screen. One got drowned.

The 3 guys who killed her family were strung up on the Ferris wheel. They showed how she killed one of them in his car at the very beginning of the movie.

No worse than Death Wish which also covered black ppl with the stereotypes

This movie dealt with a drug kingpin that worked for the cartel. Not sure how they avoid the MAGA stereotypes. Although I dont recall any rapists in the movie.

The entire movie was a negative stereotype of latinos and portraying them as gang banging criminals and having her go after them. And in Death Wish all of the black people and criminals weren't black.

And someone leaving for five years to training on YouTube and becoming an expert killer where she kills 50 people single handedly isn't important and less believable than Death Wish :lol:

The entire movie was a negative stereotype of latinos and portraying them as gang banging criminals and having her go after them. And in Death Wish all of the black people and criminals weren't black.

And someone leaving for five years to training on YouTube and becoming an expert killer where she kills 50 people single handedly isn't important and less believable than Death Wish :lol:

The movie setting is Los Angeles, California so have the whole range of criminals in every shade imaginable (Asian was also in the mix) to use. Mexican drug gangs and cartels are easier to use because that's what relevant current news. They are that violent and powerful.
Mentioned the negative stereotype of Latinos as criminals, but should also note that the good guys were Latino, Black and Asian. White people got thrown under the bus as corrupt cops, judges, DAs, soccer moms. Enough whatever to go around.
Suppose to be an action movie. Believable is already a stretch. Not having these conversations for the Equilizer movies. Just enjoy for couple hours.

And in Death Wish all of the black people and criminals weren't black.
That was my point.

Death Wish managed to portray black ppl and Latinos as criminals. They just made some white guy the key villain in Chicago. It was bad and insulting.

Peppermint portrayed Latinos mostly as criminals and some Koreans. Then all the corrupt white ppl. At least came off like a real criminal operation.

Not sure what you're saying here even though I reread it more than once.

It can't be that Peppermint is less believable than Death Wish. Willis in DW was the one learning how to use a handgun for the first time from YouTube videos and surviving from dumb luck. Then took it further to automatic weapons.

Last edited:
anybody on here make the switch to sinemia?

thinking about making the jump

Saw Searching yesterday. It was good.

Heard A Simple Favor is actually good. Comes out tomorrow

Last edited:
Sinemia is becoming trash too.

I signed up for their 9.99 per month for 3 movies plan. Between the time I signed up and now they started charging $1.99 processing fee per movie when you book with the cardless option.

Problem is, because of a lawsuit with Moviepass they no longer send out physical cards.

They also don't do cardless through their app, you use a third party like Atom, and they card you the $1.50 that fee Atom charges them.

So per movie, you gotta pay $3.49. So my monthly rate is above $20.

Back
Top Bottom