MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

If you have a dope AMC, it's the way to go. It's hard for me to sit in a non-recliner movie theater now. Especially with the way some of these movies being 2 and a half hours long.

Sinemia is becoming trash too.

I signed up for their 9.99 per month for 3 movies plan. Between the time I signed up and now they started charging $1.99 processing fee per movie when you book with the cardless option.

Problem is, because of a lawsuit with Moviepass they no longer send out physical cards.

They also don't do cardless through their app, you use a third party like Atom, and they card you the $1.50 that fee Atom charges them.

So per movie, you gotta pay $3.49. So my monthly rate is above $20.

Didn't know that

Yeah, I'm still mulling over options once MP is over.

Sinemia ain't the move and I'll be trekking it quite far away to get to my go to AMC theaters when I want to see something every time.

a simple favor was enjoyable
blake lively :evil: she's so tall standing next to anna kendrick :lol:

unnamed.gif

MoviePass acct details still unchanged so caught The Predator this evening. Movie wasn't a selection for today so did the buy one and exchange jig. Overall story execution is average.

For all the talk about "Upgrade", this movie is just an Evolution to the story we enjoyed from First and Second films. Overview of story events with ok action and no real deep insight. Get idea how they want to setup sequels.

I signed up for their 9.99 per month for 3 movies plan. Between the time I signed up and now they started charging $1.99 processing fee per movie when you book with the cardless option.

Problem is, because of a lawsuit with Moviepass they no longer send out physical cards.

They also don't do cardless through their app, you use a third party like Atom, and they card you the $1.50 that fee Atom charges them.

Damn I did a thorough read of the FAQ on their website and didn’t see anything about a processing fee. I don’t mind paying the ticket purxhasing website fee of 1.50 but if the app is cardless then why the **** charge to use it that way? The app also still shows instructions for using the card.

I was shocked it didn't ask me for a pic of my stub for Predator.

Thought MoviePass got rid of the ticket verify, but since my acct profile annual plan details are unchanged from last big updates, still have to submit pics.

So one of my girls friend that was their with her man/husband I met at a BBQ this past weekend mentioned he had moviepass and what not when a couple of the guys were at a table eating and having drinks while the girls were doing their girl things.

We were talking about shows we watch and he mentioned he had moviepass and I said to him I did too but they started adding all these process and cutting things and well just their overall nonsense.

Anyway, he claims he hasn't been affected by anything as yet, except the ticket verification. I said that's the only thing he's experiencing that I am also, and he didn't have movies blocked out and it works just fine for him since he got it.

I asked him if he's on a yearly plan or he pays month to month and I don't think he was sure, but he said he might be signed up for the year maybe. I'm not sure if dude was lying or what, but in my head Master Zik Master Zik is the all time scheming/work around type dude when it comes to movie pass so if Zik even felt the BS movie pass was doing how did this guy not?

I asked him when was the last time he used it and he said the night before which was this past Friday. I didn't take him as the type to lie but maybe because he is set up with the yearly options he doesn't get hit was the movie pass nonsense. Anyone else have the yearly plan and if so is movie pass still working like it originally has from the beginning?

So one of my girls friend that was their with her man/husband I met at a BBQ this past weekend mentioned he had moviepass and what not when a couple of the guys were at a table eating and having drinks while the girls were doing their girl things.

We were talking about shows we watch and he mentioned he had moviepass and I said to him I did too but they started adding all these process and cutting things and well just their overall nonsense.

Anyway, he claims he hasn't been affected by anything as yet, except the ticket verification. I said that's the only thing he's experiencing that I am also, and he didn't have movies blocked out and it works just fine for him since he got it.

I asked him if he's on a yearly plan or he pays month to month and I don't think he was sure, but he said he might be signed up for the year maybe. I'm not sure if dude was lying or what, but in my head Master Zik Master Zik is the all time scheming/work around type dude when it comes to movie pass so if Zik even felt the BS movie pass was doing how did this guy not?

I asked him when was the last time he used it and he said the night before which was this past Friday. I didn't take him as the type to lie but maybe because he is set up with the yearly options he doesn't get hit was the movie pass nonsense. Anyone else have the yearly plan and if so is movie pass still working like it originally has from the beginning?
Only way thats true is if he has never updated the app AND there's a major glitch with the app thats still letting him use the app without updating first

When MP was doing the whole block out a movie you already saw, several times the app would glitch and I'd check in for something I saw already.

Last edited:
I think people mentioned those that bought a year with Costco are mostly unaffected by the recent changes?

Only way thats true is if he has never updated the app AND there's a major glitch with the app thats still letting him use the app without updating first

That's what I thought, but I couldn't like get to question him because his chick was like his bodyguard so she always has to be next to him. Soon as she started seeing him talking to us guys she left the girls taking those photo booth picture stuff and just came and sat back next to us.

When he told me that I though maybe he didn't update the app or accept the agreement or whatever, but I vividly remember the app or some e-mail telling me I would not be able to use movie pass if the app was not updated so I don't know how he is able to get by.

I have the annual with costco. Mine definitely isn’t like how it was when I signed up. Currently I have no repeat viewings, ticket verification and I have to follow the 3,4 movies choices the app lets me see. But I can still watch a movie everyday.

A-List is now letting you get tickets off of Atom Tickets and Fandango now. I joined Atom Rewards, I guess if you buy 4 you get 1 free. My girl still dont have A-List yet, so I can use Atom and now save. But when I just tested Atom yesterday, it didn't allow me to log in with my AMC A-List account, will try later though, this could save money.

Any NYC folks still have MP?
Cinepolis Chelsea does e-ticketing, which is clutch
They also have a nice mix of popular + indie movies

I have the annual with costco. Mine definitely isn’t like how it was when I signed up. Currently I have no repeat viewings, ticket verification and I have to follow the 3,4 movies choices the app lets me see. But I can still watch a movie everyday.

putting in work putting in work

My iphone app is up to date current version 3.1.4.
Have exact Annual plan features as rolintag rolintag but didn't purchase through Costco. Bought direct using Paypal. Never changed to Monthly. But did get an email yesterday saying had to change payment method to card after subscription renewal date Nov 17. No more paypal after Sept 18.

Pass is still useful for me since local Marcus Theater still lets me exchange purchased ticket. Nice theater with all bells and whistles. Staying till the bitter end.

damn, that weak man :smh:
appreciate the info, i was seriously considering making the switch

Back
Top Bottom