MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

how much money in comparison have they been making?

like trolls 2 is like the first somewhat big film to do it starting this weekend so we’ll see

i just cant imagine disney going this route with their billion dollar franchises and with a slate of stuff designated for disney+ already

unless it cost studios a lot less money to stream it directly, i am not sure how they can make as much money when they would charge $20 and can have 5-10 people watching it, they are losing a huge amount $$$ there

i guess the studios can make it up by taking the theaters share (which goes up every week) if people watch it later after the release but it seems like a bigger opportunity (easier?) to bootleg the film further

it will be interesting but i still love watching these blockbusters in the big screen/imax with amazing sounds
Bootleg game gonna really pop again if they close theatres. Bootleggers really gonna be in barbershops and other places hustling bootleg movies again lmao. I stopped seeing that as much in recent years.

Bootleg game gonna really pop again if they close theatres. Bootleggers really gonna be in barbershops and other places hustling bootleg movies again lmao. I stopped seeing that as much in recent years.
Ehh I don't see it at all. Once a movie hits VOD (often times even before) a decent quality screener is going to be available online. They aren't too hard to find. This isn't the late 2000's where several households around the country still didn't have some form of high speed internet.

Ehh I don't see it at all. Once a movie hits VOD (often times even before) a decent quality screener is going to be available online. They aren't too hard to find. This isn't the late 2000's where several households around the country still didn't have some form of high speed internet.
True. I’m da hood though everyone doesn’t have internet.

Since this thread has shifted a little to theater talk, I have a buddy that runs a local. His ownership made him start going back in at half salary a couple weeks ago. He snuck me in and let me watch Bloodshot in exchange for some help working on some things in that bay. Legit forgot how much I love watching movies on the big screen...

MVIMG_20200425_125200.jpg

VOD gonna make folks see movies less and less
Since it’s so available
So many movies I haven’t bought
Because of VOD
And so many movies I haven’t watched
Cause it’s so accessible
I’m like I’ll see it late but never get around to watching
I still never seen bird box

Is AMC trying to seal their fate even faster?!? If theaters reopen this fall and they still aren't screening Universal films I'll look into Regal's unlimited plan if it's still a thing at that time.

They're just making Universal change their stance

A clear quality HD version will be available immediately and nearly everyone has high speed.

Now you may get Korean subtitled or cam. And screeners aren't like how they used to be. A lot of movies you don't get a decent quality for until weeks after they're released.

ive never paid for a vod ever, i already watched the big blockbusters on theaters so the other i just wait til it hits netflix, disney+ or other streaming platforms since theres so many now, might be adding hbo max too

I need theatres, went about 100 times in a year with Moviepass unlimited back then. During times without Moviepass i'll go around 50 times a year

What have you been doing with your time Master Zik Master Zik . I know you miss going to the movies.
Whatever I can at home. Sleep cycle all ****ed up. Getting through this reading list, video games & getting through this tv and movie to watch list.

Might finish off Netflix and Amazon Prime @ this pace :lol: I've been purposely putting stuff off so I know later on I got entertaining **** to watch. Recently got appletv and Hulu just so I won't be bored crazy by June and July.

Before I use to be looking @ what would've came out :smh:

I don’t see theaters opening anytime soon.
An air conditioned room packed with hundreds of people sitting inches away from each other?
Nah man that’ll be one of the last businesses to get the ok. And even when it does you gotta be brave to go to one.

My local B&B must be desperate just got an e-mail "FREE FREE FREEEEEE TICKET..."

Thought it was spam at first :smh: :lol:

I hope they don't shutdown. Best theater near me.

My local B&B must be desperate just got an e-mail "FREE FREE FREEEEEE TICKET..."

Thought it was spam at first :smh: :lol:

I hope they don't shutdown. Best theater near me.
Me too, but its for some garbage *** old movies

Yeah, they're in a rough spot because there's nothing new from the studios til July 31, and even that's iffy. The local independent group by me opened up their 3 theaters, and it was Jurassic Park, Jaws, Galaxy Quest, og Nightmare on Elm St, and a few others being shown off Blu Rays. We had one Showcase open back up too with similar movies. They're doing a damn good job of keeping the social distancing rules. Indie group was taking temps at the door and giving out old school popcorn bags with a mask, garbage bag, alcohol wipe, and sanitizer in them. They had rows completely closed off and were asking everyone to put 3 seats between you and the next group. Showcase was set up to where when you chose your seats, their system automatically blocked out the seats on either side of your group. It's gonna take awhile, but hopefully we can get there.

Make an AMC Auditorium All Yours
Host a personal screening for one or make it a private party for up to 20 people total! It’s perfect for an everyday escape or a celebration to remember. Make AMC your next destination to meet friends and family and reserve an entire AMC Safe & Clean™ auditorium, starting at just $99+tax.

As for film choices, AMC currently has an inventory of 16 titles you can choose from, ranging for older classics to newer releases. You’ll be able to watch movies like the original Shrek, Jurassic Park, The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2, A Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as recent blockbusters like TENET, The New Mutants, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

moviepass trending

it really was great, got to see movies i would otherwise never pay for and just a good way to pass the time, i get stuck in traffic and i exit out look for the nearest theater that accepted moviepass and wait out the traffic

it was amazing for however long it lasted

Saw more movies in theaters than I ever had in a year's time.

Just pure greatness. Especially since I would triple and quadruple up.

MoviePass had me up in Regal swiping my heart out like I was a Brooklyn scammer committing credit card fraud

I got my money's worth. So I will forgive them for making wake up at 6am to see if I could watch a decent movie, yet the app only letting me watch Slender Man

I regretted missing out on two or three months worth of movies.

I had heard about it, but thought it was too good to be true and didn't join until after some people I knew had it and used it without a problem.

I definitely got my monies worth while it lasted.

On Tuesday, a MoviePass website launched a countdown clock — set to end on Monday, March 22 — and a tagline “the movie is about to start.” (It appears the “MoviePass Ventures” website, which is separate from the company’s original Moviepass.com, was registered anonymously on Feb. 7, 2021.)
What does that portentous message mean? Don’t ask Mitch Lowe, the former CEO of MoviePass.

In an email, Lowe said, “I have no idea. It has nothing to do with me.”

Back
Top Bottom