MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

not sure if it's been discussed but I just got an email for their new terms and conditions and just started to read it :lol:

so you can't watch the same movie more than once?

2.3. A valid MoviePass subscription to the Service entitles you to: (1) see one (1) 2D film per calendar day through MoviePass; (2) see a 2D film title only one time through MoviePass; and (3) a single seat, depending on availability, for a 2D film showing open to the general public. The Service excludes premium showings such as: 3D films, IMAX, 4D, XD and specialty theaters. The Service is available every day of the week, subject to the theater being open, inventory, and usage. Alternative or future MoviePass Service subscription plans may include (1) premium plans that provide access to 3D, IMAX, and specialty formats) and (2) capped plans (limited amount of movies per month).

On the app just order a movie you do not want to see, I.E. like My Little Pony or something, then go see whatever movie again, for the second time.

not sure if it's been discussed but I just got an email for their new terms and conditions and just started to read it :lol:

NOPE! Been like that from the start. Someone mention they changed that supposedly, I haven't heard anything.

On the app just order a movie you do not want to see, I.E. like My Little Pony or something, then go see whatever movie again, for the second time.

true, just got to go to the one that doesn't have reserved seating

I guess they want to prevent it for those who would watch Star Wars 20 times in the theaters :lol:

true, just got to go to the one that doesn't have reserved seating

I guess they want to prevent it for those who would watch Star Wars 20 times in the theaters :lol:
I use the fandango app to see which seats are free for that showing if you want to movie hop on reserved seating.

I just knew they were gonna come with a premium plan, but it seem like they're just gonna either offer a alternative plan or edit the current one with only being able to watch a certain amount of movies in a month

Curiously I read some of the Terms and Conditions now too...this one has me puzzled. This is under the section of how/when they could terminate people...How would anyone know you didnt watch a whole movie??

(ix) On more than one occasion during any thirty (30) day period you do not view the movie for which you purchased a ticket with your MoviePass Card in its entirety.

they also discourage you from cancelling as there is a 9-month suspense where you can't sign up again

I get that. It stops people from pausing their plan if there's a weak movie month

i thought about trying to check into a different movie and purchase a second ticket for my kid since i was not able to use the other card but didn't bother cause i quite certain they would have something in place to prevent ppl from doing that (a short, temporary block on the card) and i only had to pay a few bucks after swiping my card

NOPE! Been like that from the start. Someone mention they changed that supposedly, I haven't heard anything.

Yes and no. It was like that at the beginning, but they kinda made a big deal about how they got rid of that rule around the time this new $10 plan started. I saw a couple of movies twice, and was able to choose from the app with no problem. Hopefully it's just language they forgot to alter in the TOS.

New TOS:
x) If you use your MoviePass Card for any purpose other than to purchase a 2D movie ticket at a theater kiosk, or we have reason to believe that you have done so, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to charge a fee of $25 (twenty-five U.S. dollars) (“Penalty Fee”) per occurrence on the form of payment you provided to us for your MoviePass subscription. If you believe that you have been charged a Penalty Fee in error, you may contact customer service to dispute the charge within 60 days of incurring such charge.

No surprise with this. Lot of peeps trying to finesse them with the IMAX/3D. Trying to ruin it for everyone :smh:

Updated roster

E98E1556-4E17-4B4E-8388-FBEF8EB45871.jpeg

Will be using this list to watch on Terrarium

can’t imax also be 2D though :nerd:

i wouldn’t risk it though :lol:

Imax is generally a higher cost, they only put a certain amount on the card. Unless maybe you personally pay the difference, which is only about $4-5 for an Imax movie...

I'm copping that premium plan asap when it rolls out. Hopefully early 2018. There's a lot of cbms coming out

can’t imax also be 2D though :nerd:

i wouldn’t risk it though :lol:

it just says IMAX and not specific to IMAX 3D

The Service excludes premium showings such as: 3D films, IMAX, 4D, XD and specialty theaters.

to be fair though, they should have it on the algorithm of their app that prevents you from buying tix to those and not make it by the honor system

how can they identify a true, genuine mistake from those that was on purpose?

to be fair though, they should have it on the algorithm of their app that prevents you from buying tix to those and not make it by the honor system

how can they identify a true, genuine mistake from those that was on purpose?
For me at least, when I've tried to but and IMAX/3D movie on the app it tells your it's not eligible when you try to checkin. I assume that's with everyone but I've read the same concern you asked.

Back
Top Bottom