MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Damn my card was just declined at the theater, but it says in the app that I already bought my ticket.

Damn, so here's what happened:

1) Wanted to see the movie at 12;45pm.
2) This was my first time using MP. Showed up at 12:30pm, app said Success, purchase ticket using ZIP code if asked.
3) I use the kiosk, pick my seat, swipe, card is declined.
4) I use the app again and it says You've already purchased your ticket.
5) I refresh constantly, but then pick the 3;45pm time. App says Success, I go to the kiosk, card is accepted, tickets print out.
6) Now I'm eating Chick Fil A and gonna come back to the theater. Lucky I live only 3 min away.

I'll take that as a sign to not show up too soon to the movie time.

It took almost two months to get my card, but have had it and used successfully for three months now. Reserving and purchase thru the app works for Larry Miller Megaplex. Haven't tried any others.

Damn, so here's what happened:

1) Wanted to see the movie at 12;45pm.
2) This was my first time using MP. Showed up at 12:30pm, app said Success, purchase ticket using ZIP code if asked.
3) I use the kiosk, pick my seat, swipe, card is declined.
4) I use the app again and it says You've already purchased your ticket.
5) I refresh constantly, but then pick the 3;45pm time. App says Success, I go to the kiosk, card is accepted, tickets print out.
6) Now I'm eating Chick Fil A and gonna come back to the theater. Lucky I live only 3 min away.

I'll take that as a sign to not show up too soon to the movie time.
Actually I’ve showed up 10-15 mins before movie with no problem. Weird that happened.

I showed up 2 min after the alleged Showtime started with no problems. Cuz no know when they say 3pm the movie don't actually start untiltil 3:15-3:25 :lol:

The movie pass app tells me I have 30 min to get my ticket after it says successful check in.

Show up before and after and still get in. Good thing about going solo dolo as well is getting good seats regardless :lol: about to watch COco

This week I have Wonder, Thre billboards and Lady bird lined up :pimp:

the kiosk denied me again lol

so i went to the box office and card was denied

i reserved the ticket again on the app and it took the girl a couple of times trying before the card went through finally

maybe its my card? maybe its the theatres machines?

It does depend how far past Showtime when you use the app cuz for me some of the earlier show times were shaded out.

the kiosk denied me again lol

so i went to the box office and card was denied

i reserved the ticket again on the app and it took the girl a couple of times trying before the card went through finally

maybe its my card? maybe its the theatres machines?
Yeah might be.

Try a different theater with kiosks first.

If it still doesn't work you may have to inquire with MP about getting a new card

I use my card at a Kiosk all the time, havent used a worker yet. I usually show up right before the trailers start and usually check in about 3 minutes before I buy the ticket.

Used it for Roman J. Israel this past sat. I was excited to see this and see Uncle Zel, but I am so glad I did not pay for this movie.

This is like the best thing ever for me.

Love getting to go to the movies without really looking into what the movies are about. Seeing a bunch of stuff I wouldn't see otherwise

http://deadline.com/2017/12/costco-...and-fandor-subscription-for-89-99-1202225409/

Costco Offers Combined One-Year MoviePass And Fandor Subscription For $89.99
costco-moviepass-fandor-image1.jpg

Costco
by Dade Hayes

December 12, 2017 12:31pm

Costco is offering a one-year subscription to MoviePass and Fandorfor $89.99 in a limited-time package deal.

RELATED
MoviePass Reports B.O. Impact On 'Justice League', 'Coco', 'Three...

The offer for the movie theatre subscription and indie-driven streaming services, is available until Dec. 18 and available only to Costco members.

MoviePass, a majority-owned subsidiary of Helios and Matheson Analytics, is now accepted in 91% of U.S. theatres but has caused a stir in the exhibition sector with its $9.95 monthly flat-rate plans and embrace of streaming. It now has about 600,000 subscribers. Fandor, which is run by veteran media exec Larry Aidem and backed by Chris Kelly, Facebook’s first general counsel, has a library of more than 5,000 films across genres, distributed across connected and smart-TV devices.

“We’ve long been fans of Fandor’s library of movies and we’re excited to partner with them and Costco to bring new members this incredible limited-time offer,” said MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe, CEO. “MoviePass is ultimately about celebrating our love of movies, whether you stream them at home or experience them on the big screen. We feel strongly that our subscription model is a major step forward for the industry, and the increased attendance that we’ve seen as a result of the MoviePass service is an encouraging sign not only for theaters, but for the studios and distributors as well.”

Aidem, president and CEO of Fandor, predicted a “benefit to movie lovers” from the Costco offer.

Has anyone tried to use the Moviepass on two different movies recently? I was planning to get one ticket this Friday morning since I'm off to Star Wars. But now wife wants to see it Sunday. Trying to see if I can see it twice, without using any tricks or ordering another movie and sneaking into Star Wars, since my theater does reserved seating.

Has anyone tried to use the Moviepass on two different movies recently? I was planning to get one ticket this Friday morning since I'm off to Star Wars. But now wife wants to see it Sunday. Trying to see if I can see it twice, without using any tricks or ordering another movie and sneaking into Star Wars, since my theater does reserved seating.
Yeah, you can see the same movie more than once.

Back
Top Bottom