Moving back in with your parents Vol. My prides tellin me nooo

Originally Posted by caleekicks

If you have a good relationship with your fam, it's all good.

I moved back home after my parents split and I decided to stop throwing my money away on rent. I have the whole second story to myself. My sister even moved back home to the guesthouse lol. Just me my moms, and sister and I'm saving about 1-1.5 K a month so the condo is being purchased asap. I might just buy the house from my mom since she's planning on retiring and moving to Mexico to focus on our 5 year old family business fulltime. I live in Pasadena, CA. I'd be a fool not to consider buying my old house.
But you soundin like your moms live in a mansion though. 
Talkin about the the whole second floor to yourself, sounds like a penthouse. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I moved back home after my parents split and I decided to stop throwing my money away on rent. I have the whole second story to myself. My sister even moved back home to the guesthouse lol. Just me my moms, and sister and I'm saving about 1-1.5 K a month so the condo is being purchased asap. I might just buy the house from my mom since she's planning on retiring and moving to Mexico to focus on our 5 year old family business fulltime. I live in Pasadena, CA. I'd be a fool not to consider buying my old house.
laugh.gif
It's a 3 bedroom house. It's not like I got a kitchen up here(but I do have this badboy in my room though 
img-large-color.jpg

And I wouldn't say I'm in the hood, but I'm comfortable on my block. I do hear the helicopters from time to time, but my block is literally a cultural melting pot. On one corner is a cinematographer that lives with a bunch of middle aged bachelors(100K+ salary bootleg entourage type dudes, to the opposite corner being an apartment building with hard working mexican and south american families, with a few single day laborers working to send money back to their fam in their home country.  

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
It's a 3 bedroom house. It's not like I got a kitchen up here(but I do have this badboy in my room though 
img-large-color.jpg

And I wouldn't say I'm in the hood, but I'm comfortable on my block. I do hear the helicopters from time to time, but my block is literally a cultural melting pot. On one corner is a cinematographer that lives with a bunch of middle aged bachelors(100K+ salary bootleg entourage type dudes, to the opposite corner being an apartment building with hard working mexican and south american families, with a few single day laborers working to send money back to their fam in their home country.  

just jokes, I feel you.

I'm "living" too. Got a random *%! back door in my bedroom. SO CRUCIAL.

just jokes, I feel you.

I'm "living" too. Got a random *%! back door in my bedroom. SO CRUCIAL.

*reads title*
*looks at SN*
The "pride" thing makes sense now.(j/k)
In this day and time a lot of folks are gonna be forced to make certain moves that they don't want to make because of that "pride",but if in the end you'll be in a better (or more stable) place... why not?

*reads title*
*looks at SN*
The "pride" thing makes sense now.(j/k)
In this day and time a lot of folks are gonna be forced to make certain moves that they don't want to make because of that "pride",but if in the end you'll be in a better (or more stable) place... why not?

I've been on my own since 17 and I'm moving back this summer...I feel like a scrub, son.
30t6p3b.gif

I've been on my own since 17 and I'm moving back this summer...I feel like a scrub, son.
30t6p3b.gif

So you cant bring some skeezers over anytime you want? Big woop. Unless your folks can be mistaken for drill sergeants, I see nothing wrong here. You know moving back is the best move too.

So you cant bring some skeezers over anytime you want? Big woop. Unless your folks can be mistaken for drill sergeants, I see nothing wrong here. You know moving back is the best move too.

You obviously can't support yourself right now, what do you have to prove to anyone? You get government assistance, you have no job, and your pride is telling you no? Be smart. I'm not saying to take advantage of your parents, but they won't always be there as a safety net, so use them while you can.

I still don't consider myself "free" of my parents yet, and I live across the country from them. They gifted us about $12k and then loaned us another $9k when we were buying a house, and paid off our car (another $7k) so that it was one less liability during the loan approval process + registering in another state with a lienholder. I am done making payments to them for that in November. I don't think one second about it.

They paid my entire way through college (tuition/room/board for 4.5 years). I've never understood being too proud to move back home if the situation calls for it.

You obviously can't support yourself right now, what do you have to prove to anyone? You get government assistance, you have no job, and your pride is telling you no? Be smart. I'm not saying to take advantage of your parents, but they won't always be there as a safety net, so use them while you can.

I still don't consider myself "free" of my parents yet, and I live across the country from them. They gifted us about $12k and then loaned us another $9k when we were buying a house, and paid off our car (another $7k) so that it was one less liability during the loan approval process + registering in another state with a lienholder. I am done making payments to them for that in November. I don't think one second about it.

They paid my entire way through college (tuition/room/board for 4.5 years). I've never understood being too proud to move back home if the situation calls for it.

So ...it looks like ill be moving back for sure, renting the uhaul tomorrow, moms is cool with it but i dont get along with her $%&* %#% husband, man my stomach is killing me, this $$&* is nauseating ..

So ...it looks like ill be moving back for sure, renting the uhaul tomorrow, moms is cool with it but i dont get along with her $%&* %#% husband, man my stomach is killing me, this $$&* is nauseating ..

Back
Top Bottom