Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

He talks to the bartender, but the bartender doesn't really acknowledge him.

Exactly. I think Mr. Robot is some kind of personification of someone/something else. If that makes sense.
There's been too many times when he was talking to someone and people weren't acknowledging him at all

I re-watched all the eps yesterday, and I see what you guys are talking about. I payed closer attention to the interactions of Elliott, Mr. Robot and the rest of the crew. Very much like fight club the way one steps up, and the other lays back in the cut. Nobody ever directs their attention at Mr. Robot, they always hover around Elliott.

The first time Mr. Robot brings Elliott to the spot, Romero opens the door and only acknowledges Elliott. Even at the bar, Mr. Robot already has his drink so we don't see him place his order. when he compliments the bartender on the drink and he doesn't respond, Mr. Robot simply says I don't like compliments either, as a way of explaining why the bartender didn't respond to him. When he confronted Romero with the gun, when he and Darlene were going at it, and when he was with Tyrell in the SUV it had to be Elliott. The secret Tyrell knows is that Elliott set Colby out of revenge.

Even when you look at the interactions between Elliott and Darlene, her comfort level with him came off as her being rude and not giving a damn. Now it makes sense why she called him a ****, breaking into his house, showering in his house, and wearing his clothes. He asked her how she knew where he lived, and she responds, why wouldn't I know? Elliott's social awkwardness is normal to Darlene and Angela so his behavior doesn't surprise them.

I made the mistake of playing with my phone during certain scenes. I missed some crucial stuff, that makes more sense to me now. For instance, I didn't know Cisco was the guy that gave his mixtape to Ollie. I heard the dialogue, but I didn't see the scene. I even missed the scene when Ollie put the CD into his computer and complained about it not working, I didn't know that was how he got hacked.

"That's lame, maybe I should give you a name..

..but that's a slippery slope, you're only in my head. 

We have to remember that.

****, it's actually happening, I'm talking to an imaginary person..."

- Elliott

This is the intro to the beginning of episode 1 
eek.gif

Man hold up., Mr. Robot may not be real man.

Last edited:

[QUOTE url="/t/629873/mr-robot-wednesdays-at-10-pm-on-usa/300_100#post_23970493"]

So what are yall takes on that reveal?

Hallucination/alter-ego/figment of imagination just ******* with Elliot after he remembered he had a sister?

Yep.

1.That isn't good writing and doesn't make sense storytelling wise.

2.So what is it? Darlene is his sister but the part with his dad looking like Mr. Robot is all fake? Why mix both together?[/QUOTE]

1. I totally agree man, bad storytelling if it go s like this. Immediately after the ep I was like, I'm not sure I liked that episode. It was because I don't like them being related I liked the anonymity of the group. NOW I LIKE IT EVEN LESS... if Mr. Robot isn't real.

2. Agree again. I think it's even worse that they (if he's not real) mixed it together with the pictures of both Darlene and Mr Robot with Elliot and the Mother, but Darlene is real and Mr Robot is looking more and more like an alter.

I've watched ep 1 and 2 back. Nobody ever ever ever acknowledges Mr Robot. Ever. And little things that Elliot says leads me to believe even further that it's an alter. Ep 2 after coming form seeing Tyrell about the job offer he re-ups on the morphine early from Shayla he goes upstairs and this is what sticks out to me, he crumbles up his Morphine and snorts it and then says "we gotta get to work, I need you now more than ever". This looks like he's talking about the drugs, he's talking about his alter/Mr Robot, it's time for them to get to work, because he hops on his computer starts hacking Tyrell then resets and wipes his computer(because he just did some serious hacking that I think was stealing all that data and making the tape about wanting Colby released which we see in the next scene) or they will dump it.

Well he gets to work after that and Gideon calls him in and says, we need to give you a raise blah blah blah and brings up FSociety stealing all their data and threatening to dump them if they don't free Colby. He was like "what, what are you talking about?" He was clueless. He didn't know. Um, like, why would he not be in on that part of the plan, it's because he is Mr a Robot and he didn't remember doing it. The morphine is the link or trigger for something too I think.

Last edited:
Darlene look when he walked into the hideout and the crew secretly staring at him during his conversation with mr. Robot was my observation mr. Robot is a split personality. He's having conversations with himself.

Mr. Robot was inside all safe (no badge) and the apartment building undectected while Angela couldn't get in

I binged this show over the past couple of days... this last episode blew my mind.

The Darlene reveal was incredible.. and it certainly makes sense when you think back to how Elliot seemed more comfortable with her than others, which I didn't think about at the time. And then you get it followed up by the Mr Robot stuff.

Mr Robot is his dad.. brilliant. I don't think it's still an alter-ego/hallucinations messing with him because then what was the point of him showing up at the end? It seems clear that he clearly repressed all of his memories with Darlene and when he looked it up, he made the realization about Mr Robot/Dad. I know we'll get more explanations for the next episode so fortunately we won't have to obsess for too long.

As for all the possible hints of Mr Robot not being real throughout the season? I kind of just chalk that up to the show messing with us. I know when I started reading about the show as I watched, I noticed the same things. Elliot/Robot would exchange moments during fsociety conversations.. or people wouldn't look to Mr. Robot when they talked, etc. But it might have all just been part of the appeal of the show to make viewers second guess everything. 

Also, Tyrell's wife is a great character. As soon as she walked away from the cops I knew she'd do something drastic. The DEFINITION of a Ride or Die Chick... 

Mr. Robot was inside all safe (no badge) and the apartment building undectected while Angela couldn't get in

This. thats when i really began to run with the fact that Mr. Robot was one of Elliots personalities.

Another part is when after Darlene gets the gun and tries to give it to Elliot you can see Mr Robot just chilling in a chair and then just walk by Darlene. you would assume some kind of comments wouldve been exchanged.

Just like Elliot has that other voice/persona he created, Mr. Robot lives in his head.

Darlene: He's gone legit psycho...
Oh boy, this could allude that Mr. Robot is a delusion.

Back
Top Bottom