MTV 2011 Hottest MC Nominees vol. Trolling MTV is trolling

This has to be for a dramatic effect, if Cole isn't on the list by the end of it what's left of MTV's respect will be lost.
This happened before, there was a ridiculous ranking and they brought a name out of the pile that they had dismissed earlier only to shoot them up the list like they ate a senzu bean all of a sudden.

Trolling is the word, but it's a calculated troll, think about it how stupid would they look to keep Wale and Big Sean (both rappers I am big fans of) over a Grammy Award nominated album? Not to mention the artist whose album it was, had been up against NICKY MINAJ and BON IVER for BEST NEW ARTIST.
Sit back an relax, it's just entertainment right now....

As for Wale at #10 and Big Sean at #9, ok but it's only because (IMO) Sean's singles stretched from July to the end of the year and got good radio play. Wale cooked up a good sonic meal that you ate all at once during the last quarter of the year.
MMG album don't count, this is MC not Rap cliques.

MTV just put Wale ahead of Cole b/c he was more out there during the year.
MMG album x 11.1.11 x Ambition. Cole gave us a good $*# album but thats it.
One single that went platinum that we NEVER hear on the radio. That @@## still baffles me but Cole is dope so I *shrug* it off..

Big Sean had 3 huge singles (Marvin Gaye & Chardonay, My Last, *** (Especially the remix))
If it wasnt for that remix, Sean wouldnt even have been relevant in the last quarter of the year.

^Idk where your from but Hot 97 plays the @!*% out of J. Cole..
I think its funny how one of the debaters said that Wale had no push.. Rick Ross pushed the $!$! out of Wale after he signed him. I think I've heard Hov talk about Cole like 2 times.. 

And don't get me wrong, Wale should be on the top 10 list but to exclude Cole?? Cmon.. 

This list is a joke. 
grin.gif

Yea dude was trippin. He was definitely talkin about Wale pre-MMG. Wale had a major push from Rawse cuz that was his major signee being that Wale already had a fanbase.

And I've never heard "Workout" on the radio once. I would think for it to be a platinum or even gold single, I would have to at least hear it at least a couple of times..

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Yea dude was trippin. He was definitely talkin about Wale pre-MMG. Wale had a major push from Rawse cuz that was his major signee being that Wale already had a fanbase.

And I've never heard "Workout" on the radio once. I would think for it to be a platinum or even gold single, I would have to at least hear it at least a couple of times..

Wow I heard that song, 6 times..Today alone

Not gonna lie, I had never heard "Workout" on the radio til like 3 months after his album was released. Can't
hate on that albums success though since it was surprisingly good.

Yea i must admit when workout dropped it took a minute for stations to start playing but it's def being overplayed nowadays

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

50 maino and red cafe have no business being on that list
laugh.gif
Maino & Red Cafe aren't gonna blow. Ever.
you're too late to count out Maino...already dropped a album, and got a platinum single...now Red Cafe? i've never seen da outright rejection from da public da way they do with this cat...

no matter how "hot" his singles are, they not into him.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Meek Mill over Cole, Meek Mill has yet to drop an album Right? MTV kill yourself
imma boss was da summer/fall..and STILL winter anthem... so yea, he's got it over j-cole due to overpowering buzz

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Meek Mill over Cole, Meek Mill has yet to drop an album Right? MTV kill yourself
imma boss was da summer/fall..and STILL winter anthem... so yea, he's got it over j-cole due to overpowering buzz

Its still the anthem now with the way he always SCREAMING on the tracks...I can still here it on the radio.
laugh.gif

[h2]Jay-Z: #6 Hottest MC In The Game[/h2]Friday, February 17 2012 8:41 AM EST | Posted by: Big Homie | Posted in: Blog, Focus
With his successful collaboration effort with Kanye, countless business ventures and sold-out concerts, one half of the Throne takes the numero six spot on MTV‘s Hottest MCs.
“If you talk about the Throne, yeah, top five, no question. But Jay himself? From January to August, what was going on?

hmmm, wonders will Kanye will land then? and theres no way Cole is higher than Jay on this list or in reality.
edit: the Renaud guy is correct tho.

Half of those artists basically haven't done music in the past few months, not to mention good music...

So there gonna put Ross over jay-Z on a hottest in hiphop list. Hell the birth of his child had more buzz than all of ross projects combined this year

Originally Posted by tyisny

So there gonna put Ross over jay-Z on a hottest in hiphop list. Hell the birth of his child had more buzz than all of ross projects combined this year

Personally, Ross would be #1 on the list. altho youre correct wit the bolded lol

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Hov at 6... really? 
30t6p3b.gif

i mean...talking strictly HOTNESS is Jay hotter than Kanye, Drake, Ross, Wayne, or Nicki right now? i'm not sayin he is or isn't...i just wanna hear why y'all think he's hotter than any of them. 

Put it like this,

A lot of the people that cats who disagree with the list aren't even hot. Cats liking cats who only have a buzz online and who can't even get on the radio. someone tell people that being blog rapper doesn't count in these types of discussions.

Back
Top Bottom