pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nas been moving da same way since 94, he drops every 2 years & doesnt do mixtapes.

Da fact that he dropped arguably da album of da year with da only project seeing

Him is kendrick speak volumes. def jam didnt exactly go out on a limb for him wit ads

That wave was ground swell support. What Nas did as far as ALBUM wise is where it counts

da most not features or mixtapes, those are side dishes to da main album meal.
you put "ALBUM" in capital letters and downplay featurings and mixtapes

but you completely 180 when arguing for french montana or the dips,jadakiss etc

look at da french montana vs asap thread where people where questioning your mental

state , it was all about da mixtapes , b ....da mac and da cheese , b

Nas been moving da same way since 94, he drops every 2 years & doesnt do mixtapes.

Da fact that he dropped arguably da album of da year with da only project seeing

Him is kendrick speak volumes. def jam didnt exactly go out on a limb for him wit ads

That wave was ground swell support. What Nas did as far as ALBUM wise is where it counts

da most not features or mixtapes, those are side dishes to da main album meal.
you put "ALBUM" in capital letters and downplay featurings and mixtapes

but you completely 180 when arguing for french montana or the dips,jadakiss etc

look at da french montana vs asap thread where people where questioning your mental

state , it was all about da mixtapes , b ....da mac and da cheese , b
da difference between Nas's ALBUM vs big sean's features and 1 mixtape & french montana's PLETHORA or mixtapes and features

VS asap rocky's 1 album and &  2 mixtapes is you can poke holes in big sean's justification as well as asap's album.

Nas's is da only person from these artist that doesn't do mixtapes, so when he comes out with music, its alot more valued then

da constant flow of tracks, and da ones you do get are gems.

you can't make a case why nas wouldn't be on da list, thats for damn sure.

da difference between Nas's ALBUM vs big sean's features and 1 mixtape & french montana's PLETHORA or mixtapes and features
i'll argue the impact , quality>quantity

im a huge french montana fan , but i constantly feel he can trim a little fat off each mixtape.

mac and cheese 3 was the worse of the series and it didn't help that it was the most anticipated.

i honestly felt he shoulda pulled out all the stops and made it feel like an album....had he done that

i think he would on another level.....he shouldnt of pushed it back , it shoulda have been 2-3 songs shorter

and it he shoulda replace another 4 tracks because theres only like 4 songs including the intro i actually

go back and listen to.

Last edited:
What a crock of **** this is.....

It’s been a few days now since MTV wrapped up its “Hottest MCs in the Game VII” list, but there’s one more piece of business to attend to. RapFix just released its final “Hottest MCs” video, listing off the year’s honorable mentions. Sway and associates named only three extra rappers this year, and they’re all titans of the industry: Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne.

Apparently, Jay and Weezy didn’t have busy enough years and “when it comes to [the] criteria for MCs,” Nicki “has been relatively quiet.” See what the panel had to say about these three superstars above.

I'm happy Nas got 4 but I think he should have gotten the 2 spot over ross and 2chainz.  The ish he dropped was definitely better than God Forgives I Don't by far I know that much
Damn right . Nas is my second favorite rapper next to Jay-Z
Nas shouldnt have made the list...
make a case against him.

i think its simpler to make a case of who is more deserving of the spot. i dont care too much for lil wayne's music, but if youre going off of "whose the hottest Mc" why is Wayne Not on the list?

to me, who is the "hottest mc" means who's on fire? who is putting out music, mixtapes, concerts, web presence, etc.

I love Nas, actually bumpin life is good in the rental, but to say nas had a hot record/single with the song "life is good ft. Swizz" is a lie. I loved the song daughters, but that aint a hit in any way at all.

all opinion

I like what the dude from Complex said about the list and how he questioned Jay-Z's absence and said he should be number 1....

He basically said that if you could pick any relevant rapper you want a feature from...Jay-Z would basically be number 1(over Kendrick), which in turn still makes him the hottest.

If we look at the list as they presented it and gave alot more credit to what relevant rapper ppl would want a feature from...almost half the list is replaced.....

Jay-Z for sure is on... I would even go on and say in terms of "rappin" Cole and Pusha T would get a look before Meek Mill and ASAP.

right now feature wise:

J****
Drake
Kanye
Wayne(still unfortunately)
Kendrick Lamar
2 Chainz
Future(hook only)

after that you got your Ross Jeezy Nicki Minaj.... i think Cole Big Sean and Wiz would fall in after that. then you will prolly see asap and meek

I like what the dude from Complex said about the list and how he questioned Jay-Z's absence and said he should be number 1....

He basically said that if you could pick any relevant rapper you want a feature from...Jay-Z would basically be number 1(over Kendrick), which in turn still makes him the hottest.

If we look at the list as they presented it and gave alot more credit to what relevant rapper ppl would want a feature from...almost half the list is replaced.....

Jay-Z for sure is on... I would even go on and say in terms of "rappin" Cole and Pusha T would get a look before Meek Mill and ASAP.

right now feature wise:

J****
Drake
Kanye
Wayne(still unfortunately)
Kendrick Lamar
2 Chainz
Future(hook only)

after that you got your Ross Jeezy Nicki Minaj.... i think Cole Big Sean and Wiz would fall in after that. then you will prolly see asap and meek

...but that's not what hot is though broham.

it's just not.

hot has more to do with who's buzzing the most often and across the widest range of people.

people would still want a Jay-Z feature because he's a legend, is lyrically still cold, and is really FAMOUS.

but from feb. 12 to feb. 13 Jay was not buzzing very often amongst a wide demographic because of his music. i don't even see how you could argue that.

Kendrick was buzzing the most amongst the widest range of people because of his rapping. flat out.

it's just not.

hot has more to do with who's buzzing the most often and across the widest range of people.

people would still want a Jay-Z feature because he's a legend, is lyrically still cold, and is really FAMOUS.

but from feb. 12 to feb. 13 Jay was not buzzing very often amongst a wide demographic because of his music. i don't even see how you could argue that.

Kendrick was buzzing the most amongst the widest range of people because of his rapping. flat out.
still cold? compared to what

it's just not.

Since this was discussed before, and they factor in business ventures outside of music.....

Well then based on what you're saying above....

Jay should be on the list.

It's really not even a question honestly. Jay been one of the hottest MCs in the game for over a decade now.

also doesn't game fall under the same category as nas in terms

of consideration for "hottest mc's list" both highly acclaimed albums

but game was everywhere this year....i mean i think "hottest mc's"

should be a young man's game but by all accounts game was

just as hot as nas

^Cole was buried in a box all through 2013 until he said "I should probably make some more music now" and dropped his EP like last month :lol: There's no way he should be on this list based on the criteria, especially in front of people who were even left off the list.

^Actually yes, much more. I think the time frame for this is from Feb 2012-Feb 2013, and in that time Rocky built up a steady buzz with his 2 singles and opened up for Rihanna's tour. then he dropped his album last month and it moved a good amount of units, while also dropping that Asap Mob tape in between. J. Cole had his Nobody's Perfect single going, then really did nothing until last month when his ep dropped. He was practically dormant for months. I laughed when somebody mentioned Tyga possibly being on the last, but you really could make a better case for him to be on the last than J Cole (sad huh?)

People forgot about Cole cuz he'll drop something and then he's a ghost. Sad cuz he's one of the most skilled rappers in the game right now.

Should be

1. Drake... Even though take care dropped late 2011 it had legs all through 2012 with hyfr, take care, and swear radio played motto heavy the whole year. Started from the bottom Not to mention features. No lie, amen, f'in problem, poetic justice, pop that, love me

2. K dot.... Gkmc best rap album released in 2012

3. 2 chainz.... Pretty much everywhere and crossovered to pop culture

4. Future.... Hip hops go to man right now

5. Rick Ross...... Mmg had good year. Grammy nod

6. Kanye West.... Really though if an album has songs like I don't like, mercy, clique, new god flow, cold how is it ok album. All these songs were some of the most talked about songs of 2012 only problem was they all dropped before the album.

7. Lil Wayne.... No worries, love me, karate chop remix, n all the features keeping him relevant

8. Meek mill .... Dc2 pretty much was all that was being played last spring/summer. Street buzz

9. Big Sean .... Was the standout artist on cruel summer.

10. ASAP rocky.. I don't know to much about home other f'in problems but big with younger people (middle, high school, college)

My 2 cent

Back
Top Bottom