MTV's Hottest MC in the Game List -- You'll NEVER guess who's leading...

After seeing Buttahman aka Mr. Flamboyant on the panel, there was no credibility what so ever.

Only people that I could even consider ahead of Raekwon RIGHT NOW are Jay-Z and Fab, thats it.

Nothing put out by anyone on that list recently is on the same planet as OB4CL2......

Shame on MTV for not having Nas or Jadakiss on this list either.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

1. Fabolous & MAYBE Young Jeezy should not be on the list. But Fabolous DEFITNELY should NOT be on the list.

2. How is Jay-Z ahead of Drake and Wayne!? MTV is giving the edge to Jay-Z because of MSG?! He may have had the most contreversial single of the year with "D.O.A." & "Run This Town" was superb & beyond but for #1 HOTTEST MC?! no way...
smh.gif

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to date?! Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif

Lil Wayne's Carter III FIRST WEEK SALES CUT IN HALF, WOULD STILL BE HIGHER THAN JAY-Z' FIRST WEEK SALES OF BLUEPRINT 3!

Drake is on PRACTICALLY EVERYONES SINGLE AND ARTISTS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP SINGLES! Him and Wayne are the "Go-To" men in the industry ( no Andy %*+*)

Drake and Wayne are both feature kings.

and to have Eminem NOT EVEN ON THE LIST is already validating that the "brain trust" really left out something for the criteria on their decisions.
The man had the whole industry buzzing with "We Made You" maybe even video of the year! 3 A.M. was also one of the best videos in recent times and delivered lyrically.

First week sales of 600,000+ and platinum in the second week.
smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I do not know how i am going to sleep tonight, but this is exactly what MTV wanted. they wanted the commnity & media to debate over the spots on the list.

I gotta give it to MTV they are very CLEVER!

the top 4 should have went

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Drake
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye
smh.gif

im done with this. i wanna hear thoughts on this NT
smh.gif

roll.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hahaha damn u made my day son

Drake is gettin shine cuz a lot of fans dride wayne to death.... but doesn't every artist that "first" comes out get shine??? i mean he is half auto tuned and he spits "Decent" rhymes nothing AMAZINGGGGGG if he did make top 10 it should of been on the bottom.

We Made you had the industry buzzin?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
u talkin about that throw back 2000 diss video? that song was hot garbage so was the video off some gimmick $@@ and video of the year??????? we made you son?//???? ROFLLLLLL

Em's CD wasn't Great, the production was horrible and he ruined it with his gimmick we made you voice.

Everything you brought up was about "sales", that doesn't mean the "Music" was "GREAT" Raekwon dropped a classic album and i dont even think he got 100,000 first month.

Carter III was the weakest out of the Carter Series... He was on fire couple years back and the stuff was great "mixtape weezy" but all his Feats. now are Auto Tuned and half assed
Wayne is no 1 of 08 even if u hate em u cant deny what he did last year

Drake and Wayne Feat. Go TO MEN
grin.gif
They may get you noticed but they dont flame the track

Why shouldn't Fab be on the list??? There Is No Comp was a Classic Mixtape for the streets.... and Loso's Way was good

1. I TOTALLY agree with "The Chef" being on the list. OBFCL2 is THE BEST RAP album of 2009. + the internet videos were all good music, but badquality
eyes.gif

2. Eminem not being higher than Fabolous or 50 Cent just makes me *face palm* I did not evne check out Relapse but im pretty much going off of album sales andinterviews/shows for Eminems case on being one of the top 10 Hottest MC's.
3. You are Ludacris to think Wayne or Drake DO NOT have the right to claim #1 & #2. This is the YM/CM takeover. From the day the Carter III dropped it hasbeen YM/CM all 2008 & 2009. The "Brain Trust" were blind to the fact that YM/CM is THE HOTTEST LABEL IN THE INDUSTRY?! billboard chart toppers& tour rebels?! ahhh +#%%% with that EastCoastPapi
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

1. Fabolous & MAYBE Young Jeezy should not be on the list. But Fabolous DEFITNELY should NOT be on the list.

2. How is Jay-Z ahead of Drake and Wayne!? MTV is giving the edge to Jay-Z because of MSG?! He may have had the most contreversial single of the year with "D.O.A." & "Run This Town" was superb & beyond but for #1 HOTTEST MC?! no way...
smh.gif

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to date?! Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif

Lil Wayne's Carter III FIRST WEEK SALES CUT IN HALF, WOULD STILL BE HIGHER THAN JAY-Z' FIRST WEEK SALES OF BLUEPRINT 3!

Drake is on PRACTICALLY EVERYONES SINGLE AND ARTISTS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP SINGLES! Him and Wayne are the "Go-To" men in the industry ( no Andy %*+*)

and to have Eminem NOT EVEN ON THE LIST is already validating that the "brain trust" really left out something for the criteria on their decisions.
The man had the whole industry buzzing with "We Made You" maybe even video of the year! 3 A.M. was also one of the best videos in recent times and delivered lyrically.

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I do not know how i am going to sleep tonight, but this is exactly what MTV wanted. they wanted the commnity & media to debate over the spots on the list.

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Drake
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye
smh.gif

smh.gif

roll.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drake is gettin shine cuz a lot of fans dride wayne to death.... but doesn't every artist that "first" comes out get shine??? i mean he is half auto tuned and he spits "Decent" rhymes nothing AMAZINGGGGGG if he did make top 10 it should of been on the bottom.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
u talkin about that throw back 2000 diss video? that song was hot garbage so was the video off some gimmick $@@ and video of the year??????? we made you son?//???? ROFLLLLLL

Em's CD wasn't Great, the production was horrible and he ruined it with his gimmick we made you voice.

Everything you brought up was about "sales", that doesn't mean the "Music" was "GREAT" Raekwon dropped a classic album and i dont even think he got 100,000 first month.

Carter III was the weakest out of the Carter Series... He was on fire couple years back and the stuff was great "mixtape weezy" but all his Feats. now are Auto Tuned and half assed

grin.gif
They may get you noticed but they dont flame the track

Why shouldn't Fab be on the list??? There Is No Comp was a Classic Mixtape for the streets.... and Loso's Way was good

1. I TOTALLY agree with "The Chef" being on the list. OBFCL2 is THE BEST RAP album of 2009. + the internet videos were all good music, but badquality
eyes.gif

2. Eminem not being higher than Fabolous or 50 Cent just makes me *face palm* I did not evne check out Relapse but im pretty much going off of album sales andinterviews/shows for Eminems case on being one of the top 10 Hottest MC's.
3. You are Ludacris to think Wayne or Drake DO NOT have the right to claim #1 & #2. This is the YM/CM takeover. From the day the Carter III dropped it hasbeen YM/CM all 2008 & 2009. The "Brain Trust" were blind to the fact that YM/CM is THE HOTTEST LABEL IN THE INDUSTRY?! billboard chart toppers& tour rebels?! ahhh *+$%! with that EastCoastPapi
mad.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

After seeing Buttahman aka Mr. Flamboyant on the panel, there was no credibility what so ever.

Only people that I could even consider ahead of Raekwon RIGHT NOW are Jay-Z and Fab, thats it.

Nothing put out by anyone on that list recently is on the same planet as OB4CL2......

Shame on MTV for not having Nas or Jadakiss on this list either.

SHUT THE HELL UP
indifferent.gif
when has FAB been hot WHEN????? Nas last album released in 08 not 09 and what has he been on lately ???? Jada kiss hasn't been hitsince he released WHY? his last big hit. It's called HOTTEST MC's read and comprehend the title

^I mean jay could be no 1 off the strength of Oprah, VMA's, ETC

hell even wale and cudi should be on there cuz they everywhere on tv

I wouldn't put wayne as no 1 tho he hasnt made anything hot.... drake is top 5 off his buzz alone tho

^I mean jay could be no 1 off the strength of Oprah, VMA's, ETC

hell even wale and cudi should be on there cuz they everywhere on tv

I wouldn't put wayne as no 1 tho he hasnt made anything hot.... drake is top 5 off his buzz alone tho
Wale has a weak single out + no acclaimed mixtapes or album.

Kid Cudi has Day and night for a arguement and decent first wek sales but NOT EVERYONE is talking about him, even though he is on TV/internet all the time.After Day & Night its nothing after that.
Drake & Wayne best out Jay

SMH

this whole list is insane, what makes it even worse is to hear these clowns explanations. Son said "Have you hear Forever" when the question wasabout Wayne overrated. Terrible, props to that one girl talking down on Drake though. I hated how everyone was so positive about every person on the list,let's be serious.
indifferent.gif

no acclaimed mixtapes? 100 miles and runnin, mixtape about nothing, back to the future?????

I mean wale can spit better than drake and im not sayin wale is mad ill or anything... if u add auto tune in it he would be there wit drake on fame

Everybody ino is talkin about Cudi's album...i dont hear anybody outside sayin man that drake joint is fire son..no not at all

Wayne doesn't have anything ill how can he be no 1? on down he was horrible, forever he was horrible, fat joe new album he was horrible, he smiles on thetrack

Rae>drake and wayne

DipsetGeneral wrote:

2. How is Jay-Z ahead of Drake and Wayne!? MTV is giving the edge to Jay-Z because of MSG?! He may have had the most contreversial single of the year with
"D.O.A." & "Run This Town" was superb & beyond but for #1 HOTTEST MC?! no way...
smh.gif

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to
date?! Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif

Drake is on PRACTICALLY EVERYONES SINGLE AND ARTISTS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP SINGLES! Him and Wayne are the "Go-To" men in the industry ( no
Andy %*+*)

The man had the whole industry buzzing with "We Made You" maybe even video of the year! 3 A.M. was also one of the best videos in recent times and
delivered lyrically.

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I do not know how i am going to sleep tonight, but this is exactly what MTV wanted. they wanted the commnity & media to debate over the spots on the
list.

1. Lil' Wayne

2. Drake

3. Jay-Z

4. Kanye

smh.gif

smh.gif

roll.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drake is gettin shine cuz a lot of fans dride wayne to death.... but doesn't every artist that "first" comes out get shine??? i mean he is half
auto tuned and he spits "Decent" rhymes nothing AMAZINGGGGGG if he did make top 10 it should of been on the bottom.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
u talkin about that throw back 2000 diss video? that song was hot garbage so was the video off some gimmick $@@ and video of the year??????? we made
you son?//???? ROFLLLLLL

Everything you brought up was about "sales", that doesn't mean the "Music" was "GREAT" Raekwon dropped a classic album and i
dont even think he got 100,000 first month.

Carter III was the weakest out of the Carter Series... He was on fire couple years back and the stuff was great "mixtape weezy" but all his Feats.
now are Auto Tuned and half assed

grin.gif
They may get you noticed but they dont
flame the track

This list wasnt made on only buzz + music sounding good.

It also had to do with skills, which Em + Jay should have been top 4 imo.....

I feel MTV are just **+* riding who evers "in" right now.

But whatever... MTV is full of %+$+@*#! anyways...

no acclaimed mixtapes? 100 miles and runnin, mixtape about nothing, back to the future?????

I mean wale can spit better than drake and im not sayin wale is mad ill or anything... if u add auto tune in it he would be there wit drake on fame

Everybody ino is talkin about Cudi's album...i dont hear anybody outside sayin man that drake joint is fire son..no not at all

Wayne doesn't have anything ill how can he be no 1? on down he was horrible, forever he was horrible, fat joe new album he was horrible, he smiles on the track

Rae>drake and wayne

1. i LOVE Cudi's new album but all he has to Acclaim for is Day N' Night.
2. Nobody bumps those Wale mixtapes! "Nobody mentioned those mixtapes. They out of rotation, people are waiting for his debut album if anything.
3.Raekwon has the best rap album of the year but Wu-Tang movement compared to Young Money movement is something i shouldnt even have to argue with you about.
tired.gif

Lil Wayne should of got number one because of the Super Stardom of Drake and breaking Nicki Minaj into the rising star she is. Plus Wayne still has thefeatures on lock.
Wayne still has the record sales benchmark for Hov and al the other great MC's to reach. This list is insane
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

For some reason i KNOW minaj will flop so hard. Only Jay Sean and Drake have a chance. There either gonna come with sooo much heat and last or come withalright ##+ that gets sweated hard and not last long.

For some reason i KNOW minaj will flop so hard. Only Jay Sean and Drake have a chance. There either gonna come with sooo much heat and last or come with alright ##+ that gets sweated hard and not last long.
I think Nicki Will Blow Up. Her fanbase is heavy with all types of women. But males might feel ashmed to bump her stuff
grin.gif
BTW can i hear you "Hottest MC List"? 1-10 as of 2009.

Nicki wont blow up for the same reason Remy Ma didn't...

Top 10 as of 2009

no order but

Raekwon (off album)
Fabolous (TINc mix, album)
Rick Rawse (off album)
Gucci (off buzz)
Jadakiss (off new found buzz)
Jay-Z
Slim Thug (off album)
Drake (off buzz)
Cudi (off cd)
wale (off buzz)

ghost could be on this list
max b had streets buzzin he could be on this list

if cam aint drop that garbage CP album he may have been cuz bosses of all bosses is fire

wayne, kanye, jeezy all 08 albums

em joint was garbage

on the like hand my list will change cuz 2009 aint over.... they should of done this dec 31st

cuz lupe, rakim, bg, juve, clipse, 50, styles p,buddens, saigon coming with albums

I think the list is on point but the most questionable picks imo are 50 Cent Jeezy and Rae... 50 I think has the weakest portfolio for the year at the table,album kept gettin pushed backed + corny beefs+ bad songs...i know alot of u will say his mixtapes were hot but dawg i cant speak for the whole south but oncehe put out "Get up" we stuck a fork in him i think lol....

and then my dude Jeezy who i bump on the regular... major accomplishment was my president is black getting burn from August 08 to end of Feb 09, how muchweight that holds, i dunno u be the judge...his mixtape was a nice summer banger tho, but i still dont think that deserved to be over Fab cuz Loso's Waywas dope... so he cudve have been 10 ill say

and then Rae, i think from what seems to be from every1 that heard his album, is that he put together a raw joint...but again is this just a New Yorkthing?...i havent heard the album so i cant say but even if it is that good does he deserve a 10 spot, when if we being honest he aint getting listen 2 nowhereelse heavy like that??

This fool just said Slim Thug was one of the hottest MC's in the game?

Seriously?

I should've ignored you AWHILE ago but that seals the deal.

and in regards to Em being left off....Cam Jada n Busta released albums as well, just cuz Em sold more doesnt mean anything...these guys did not generate anykind of buzz, em shudnt get special treatment cuz of his numbers lets just kept it real...even though it was the best out of all those four

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

and in regards to Em being left off....Cam Jada n Busta released albums as well, just cuz Em sold more doesnt mean anything...these guys did not generate any kind of buzz, em shudnt get special treatment cuz of his numbers lets just kept it real...even though it was the best out of all those four

So then why exactly is Jay on this list again...?

@ IKNOWRAP .... holla at a torrent DL OBFCL2..... hopefully u have some bass on ya comp or car listen front to back no skips..... then come back in here andsay he top 10.. stamp

@Lando... Slim Thug CD Was Good... Im going off albums he had a buzz too wit his singles.... He was indie soo i mean for what its worth it was good...

When I awoke this morning and saw MTV's complete "Hottest MCs In The Game" list, I thought I found a misprint.... There was one name that wasmissing from the top ten... A guy named Eminem. MTV says the list is based on current achievements, rhyme skill, flow, buzz, impact, commercial success (sales,airplay, web presence, and helping to spawn other artist careers). So lets look at this closer shall we...
1. Achievements: Just this year, Eminem won "Best Hip Hop Video" at MTV's Own Award Show. His "Relapse" album has gone over thePlatinum status and he just happen to be the biggest artist in the world.

2. Rhyme Skill: Is there any question that Eminem is one of, if not the best rhyming rapper, period? On the new "Forever" track which features threeartists in the top 5 Drake (#3), Lil Wayne (#2) and Kanye West (#4), Eminem clearly came with the most lyrical verse, even winning a fan poll over who had thebest verse.

3. Influence: Not considering the face that Eminem is the most sot-after artist, but Lil Wayne himself has gone public many times practically begging Eminem todo a song with him oh and Eminem inducted Run-DMC into the Hall Of Fame.

4. Web Presence: Besides winning MTV's own "Hottest MCs" Poll by far with over 38% of the votes (2nd place only had 18%), news stories, websitesor any item containing Eminem's name quickly becomes the number one trafficked item online. Let's not forget to mention that if you go to MTV.com, theylist Eminem #6 on the "Hot Artists" list, but I guess that doesn't mean MCs.

5. Sales: That's a Joke. Eminem is Hip Hop's number one selling artist of all time, period. His new "Relapse" album went platinum easily inan environment where albums are considered great sellers if they go gold.

6. Buzz: Eminem's "Relapse" album was by far the most anticipated album of 2009 and now his "Relapse 2" album is beyond the next mostanticipated. Let's not forget that MTV itself used Eminem to boost ratings of their Movie Awards by staging a stunt with Bruno or getting him to doShorts/Skits with Tracy Morgan for the recent Video Music Awards

7. Building Other Artists Careers: Really? Anyone ever heard of 50 Cent? G-Unit, D-12, Obie Trice etc. etc.
Not only is it clear that MTV does not care what fans or the public think (they ignored their own poll where fans voted Eminem #1), but they are trying to stayrelevant with the youth by voting rappers who don't even an album out yet, to the top (Sorry Drake, we will be happy to take this back once you drop adebut album that does well).

Oh and we forgot that Eminem also released his own video game (with Jay-Z), is headlining the Voo-Doo Festival and is currently working on his 2nd album in ayear, Dr Dre's "Detox," 50 Cent's "Before I Self Destruct" and possibly signing Slaughterhouse.

It Seems that MTV wants to USE Eminem to help their ratings, webhits, video plays and exposure but they aren't willing to give credit, where credit is do.Last year and the year before Eminem did not make the list either, maybe next year the most popular and biggest hip hop artist of all time might break theirtop ten.

What was the point of the fan poll? Two out of the top 5 leading MC on the pool didnt even get listed
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

and in regards to Em being left off....Cam Jada n Busta released albums as well, just cuz Em sold more doesnt mean anything...these guys did not generate any kind of buzz, em shudnt get special treatment cuz of his numbers lets just kept it real...even though it was the best out of all those four

So then why exactly is Jay on this list again...?

LOL yo statement dont hold no weight if you sayin Jay joint was garbage...its no classic but an easy album of the year(hadnt heard OBCL2) when u compare it toeverything else (DTR N LW) which were both dope...Em flowed crazy over relapse but the average kid aint gonna appreciate it, cuz the subject matter wasblahh...Jay didnt blow ppl minds with his flow but the joint roll front the back...add the intangibles that MTV brought up its obvious...most talk Em had wasabout Bruno puttin his sack in his face tell me im wrong?

Back
Top Bottom