MTV's Hottest MC in the Game List -- You'll NEVER guess who's leading...

Why does everyone think he sold 1.5 in a week? It was 1.005 in a week. 1.5 would beat the massacre...

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Why does everyone think he sold 1.5 in a week? It was 1.005 in a week. 1.5 would beat the massacre...

it was 1,005,545 your right.. my b
frown.gif

really now? KANYE #4? Drake being under lil wayne? there's obviously a problem going on with this list. how they gonna be talking about tha carter 3 recordsales in first week when that album came out last year. drakes buzz is probably the biggest we've seen ever. and kanye? really? i guess his featured stuffbut Eminem deserves to be on this list. anyway hats off to KING HOVA!

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

Em dropped a wack album...

Relapse got no REPLAY VALUE...only song i mess wit is beautiful

Ross clearly went at him, no response! The Mariah "warning" was clever, but i don't respect him goin at r&b singers!

Doesn't get into top 10 off 3 hot songs this year...Beautiful, Warning, Forever

He dropped the same corny 1st single that he always does...."Change ya format!" Nas LOL

4. Kanye
3. Lil' Wayne
2. Drake
1. Jay-Z

If drake was to drop an album now...he would be 1 but waiting till next year, he is kinda losing steam...
exit the thread

Originally Posted by amilli1210

really now? KANYE #4? Drake being under lil wayne? there's obviously a problem going on with this list. how they gonna be talking about tha carter 3 record sales in first week when that album came out last year. drakes buzz is probably the biggest we've seen ever. and kanye? really? i guess his featured stuff but Eminem deserves to be on this list. anyway hats off to KING HOVA!

Are you serious? Nas, DMX, and 50 had as much buzz if not more than Drake before their debut albums.

i dont get how kid cudi or eminem didnt make the list but lil wayne gucci and officer ricky did

1. Fabolous & MAYBE Young Jeezy should not be on the list. But Fabolous DEFITNELY should NOT be on the list.

2. How is Jay-Z ahead of Drake and Wayne!? MTV is giving the edge to Jay-Z because of MSG?! He may have had the most contreversial single of the year with"D.O.A." & "Run This Town" was superb & beyond but for #1 HOTTEST MC?! no way...
smh.gif

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to date?!Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif

Lil Wayne's Carter III FIRST WEEK SALES CUT IN HALF, WOULD STILL BE HIGHER THAN JAY-Z' FIRST WEEK SALES OF BLUEPRINT 3!

Drake is on PRACTICALLY EVERYONES SINGLE AND ARTISTS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP SINGLES! Him and Wayne are the "Go-To" men in the industry ( noAndy %*+*)

Drake and Wayne are both feature kings.

and to have Eminem NOT EVEN ON THE LIST is already validating that the "brain trust" really left out something for the criteria on their decisions.
The man had the whole industry buzzing with "We Made You" maybe even video of the year! 3 A.M. was also one of the best videos in recent times anddelivered lyrically.

First week sales of 600,000+ and platinum in the second week.
smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I do not know how i am going to sleep tonight, but this is exactly what MTV wanted. they wanted the commnity & media to debate over the spots on the list.

I gotta give it to MTV they are very CLEVER!

the top 4 should have went

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Drake
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye
smh.gif

im done with this. i wanna hear thoughts on this NT
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

1. Fabolous & MAYBE Young Jeezy should not be on the list. But Fabolous DEFITNELY should NOT be on the list.

2. How is Jay-Z ahead of Drake and Wayne!? MTV is giving the edge to Jay-Z because of MSG?! He may have had the most contreversial single of the year with "D.O.A." & "Run This Town" was superb & beyond but for #1 HOTTEST MC?! no way...
smh.gif

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to date?! Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif

Lil Wayne's Carter III FIRST WEEK SALES CUT IN HALF, WOULD STILL BE HIGHER THAN JAY-Z' FIRST WEEK SALES OF BLUEPRINT 3!

Drake is on PRACTICALLY EVERYONES SINGLE AND ARTISTS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP SINGLES! Him and Wayne are the "Go-To" men in the industry ( no Andy %*+*)

Drake and Wayne are both feature kings.

and to have Eminem NOT EVEN ON THE LIST is already validating that the "brain trust" really left out something for the criteria on their decisions.
The man had the whole industry buzzing with "We Made You" maybe even video of the year! 3 A.M. was also one of the best videos in recent times and delivered lyrically.

First week sales of 600,000+ and platinum in the second week.
smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I do not know how i am going to sleep tonight, but this is exactly what MTV wanted. they wanted the commnity & media to debate over the spots on the list.

I gotta give it to MTV they are very CLEVER!

the top 4 should have went

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Drake
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye
smh.gif

im done with this. i wanna hear thoughts on this NT
smh.gif

roll.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hahaha damn u made my day son

Drake is gettin shine cuz a lot of fans dride wayne to death.... but doesn't every artist that "first" comes out get shine??? i mean he is halfauto tuned and he spits "Decent" rhymes nothing AMAZINGGGGGG if he did make top 10 it should of been on the bottom.

We Made you had the industry buzzin?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
u talkin about that throw back 2000 diss video? that song was hot garbage so was the video off some gimmick $@@ and video of the year??????? we madeyou son?//???? ROFLLLLLL

Em's CD wasn't Great, the production was horrible and he ruined it with his gimmick we made you voice.

Everything you brought up was about "sales", that doesn't mean the "Music" was "GREAT" Raekwon dropped a classic album and idont even think he got 100,000 first month.

Carter III was the weakest out of the Carter Series... He was on fire couple years back and the stuff was great "mixtape weezy" but all his Feats.now are Auto Tuned and half assed
Wayne is no 1 of 08 even if u hate em u cant deny what he did last year

Drake and Wayne Feat. Go TO MEN
grin.gif
They may get you noticed but they dontflame the track

Why shouldn't Fab be on the list??? There Is No Comp was a Classic Mixtape for the streets.... and Loso's Way was good

Good thing the Yuku magician was hard at work tonight. Three hours ago I would have cared enough to write an essay regarding this awesome list. I've cameto my senses since then.

DONT they know Wayne & Drake headlined the AMW tour & Wayne headlined the "I Am Music" tour and ended up the highest grossing tours to date?! Drake alone headlined a tour off of ONE MIXTAPE! MTV seriously going to tell the mass media that, he is NOT bigger than Jay-Z in the game right now?!
smh.gif
You nincumpoop. Drake didn't headline no god damn tour. Dude was under Soulja Boy. Wayne- Jeezy headline and SB and drake were openers. Anddrake did what? 1 maybe 2 of the shows then busted a mario kart over a banana and was off the tour. Shame on your education.

i mean yeah em sold ah lot of records but em is gonna sell regardless if its trash or not and that relapse cd had no replay value what so ever.....i mean none!we made you had the industry buzzing? not quite.....
fab and jeezy should be off the list? you act like they're in the top 5 or something
indifferent.gif
basically what i'm saying is em built a buzz with him returningto music made a couple videos, dropped an album, and pulled a cam'ron disappearing act on us only to pop up dissing mariah carey
eyes.gif
i wouldn'tcall that being hot right now fam but to each his own i suppose

laugh.gif

This list is actually pretty accurate in terms of HOT rap artists...you'd be lying to yourself thinking that Hot = Lyricist.

Hell even Dorrough might have made that list.

Either way...FOR REAL ....FOR REAL...

Drake is #1. No other artist deserves it more than he. SO serious. Its all politics otherwise.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

smh.gif
You nincumpoop. Drake didn't headline no god damn tour. Dude was under Soulja Boy. Wayne- Jeezy headline and SB and drake were openers. And drake did what? 1 maybe 2 of the shows then busted a mario kart over a banana and was off the tour. Shame on your education.

first off drake had his own so far gone "tour" if you want to call it that, it was alot of small venues but how can you not put drake in the top 5right now, hes got the biggest buzz of any artist in the last 5 years or so. he had the top 3 songs on the billboard top 100 urban at one point. he has everyartist wanting to work with him. and im not even trying to defend him like that but i think your saying this outlandish things based off personal opinionregardless of how you feel about his music hes got one of the biggest followings currently.

if i had to reorder that list it would have been:
1) Wayne
2) Drake
3) Eminem
4) Hova
5) Kanye
i dont even really care to list the other 5 i would choose

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i mean yeah em sold ah lot of records but em is gonna sell regardless if its trash or not and that relapse cd had no replay value what so ever.....i mean none! we made you had the industry buzzing? not quite.....
fab and jeezy should be off the list? you act like they're in the top 5 or something
indifferent.gif
basically what i'm saying is em built a buzz with him returning to music made a couple videos, dropped an album, and pulled a cam'ron disappearing act on us only to pop up dissing mariah carey
eyes.gif
i wouldn't call that being hot right now fam but to each his own i suppose
Think about it this way. Do you really think that if anyone else was missing from that list (top 4 excluded) that it would stir as much +@%$ as Emnot being there would? I mean you're obviously not a fan of dude and that's cool and all but that doesn't mean you should be blind to his fanbase.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Gucci Mane ranked #6

pimp.gif

wow....this list is even more irrelevant now.

go ahead and throw flo-rida, pitbull, ace hood, and a couple other bums at the top, hell might as well.
did you just put pitbull and ace hood in da same sentence?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i mean yeah em sold ah lot of records but em is gonna sell regardless if its trash or not and that relapse cd had no replay value what so ever.....i mean none!
we made you had the industry buzzing? not quite.....

indifferent.gif
basically what i'm saying is em built a buzz with him returning
to music made a couple videos, dropped an album, and pulled a cam'ron disappearing act on us only to pop up dissing mariah carey
eyes.gif
i wouldn't
call that being hot right now fam but to each his own i suppose
Think about it this way. Do you really think that if anyone else was missing from that list (top 4 excluded) that it would stir as much %%+$ as Em not being there would? I mean you're obviously not a fan of dude and that's cool and all but that doesn't mean you should be blind to his fanbase.

oh no i am a fan, i'm just calling it like i see it. Relapse imo was eminems worse album and i feel the only reason it sold that much is because he'sbeen gone for awhile, think about it jay did the same thing with kingdom come, he was gone for awhile with the "retirement" and then comes back todrop an album, which sold 680,000 copies its first week, and was recieved by the public as his weakest effort. Even though he sold that much it reallydoesn't mean em is "hot" at the moment it just goes to show that he is in that small group of artist that have a very strong fan base fam....

Back
Top Bottom