Music Audio Heads... Dre Beats are they really garbage?

Long Story short....

I`m trying to flex and look cool, and want to make an impulsive buy so I was thinking about getting some Dre Beats because my Shure SRH240 head phones are breaking. My Shures were GREAT and I got em for like 40 bucks when I worked at Best Buy. I like listening to the little details of music, and the regular Apple headphones dont get the job done.

I`m sure you guys will Recommend Bose but those are only popular with guys, and I wont look cool.

How is the Quality on the Solos and Studios? Are the Studios that much more worth it? I hear you need batteries for em, and Really I just want something I can use with ease.

Ignorant plehboi
pimp.gif

tried them. i was not impressed.

and i dont think they look cool at all.

the people i see using these dont look like they " like listening to the little details of music"

they look like ignorant "i buy because of brand" types

they sound awesome to me, but I'm not an audio snob

my studios have held up great, but the audio cables they come with are garbage

so if you want to look ignorant then buy them

if your a bass head and care about looks then buy them

and no one will say bose

buy the warranty cause they are poor quality

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

tried them. i was not impressed.

and i dont think they look cool at all.

the people i see using these dont look like they " like listening to the little details of music"

they look like ignorant "i buy because of brand" types
I`m Buying because of the brand though plehboi.

So the Quality isnt that good? I`m not trying to go deaf, but I do want something that I can truly hear the music in, and not just a beat and vocals if that makes sense.

The sound leaks like no other Headphones I've had. I hate the idea of people hearing word for word what I'm listening to. 

For one, I don't like being that guy with the loud music on the plane. 2, I like having my volume all the way up.

Glad I bought the refurbs when they were on Monster. I can justify keeping them at that price, but at full price, these would have went right back.

I have these

beats-dr-dre.jpg

Originally Posted by bjamez20

they sound awesome to me, but I'm not an audio snob

my studios have held up great, but the audio cables they come with are garbage

I was looking more towards the Studios because I heard that the Solos are kind of small on the ears or something and they are known to snap.

i stay breaking necks in my studios 
pimp.gif

plus its loud AF so i be out bumping that drizzy drake on high
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

The sound leaks like no other Headphones I've had. I hate the idea of people hearing word for word what I'm listening to. 

For one, I don't like being that guy with the loud music on the plane. 2, I like having my volume all the way up.

Glad I bought the refurbs when they were on Monster. I can justify keeping them at that price, but at full price, these would have went right back.

I have these

beats-dr-dre.jpg
damn Sound Leaks!? I don't expect them to be like a vault, but is it more so that someone can tell what song your listening too, or to the point where they can hear every dang lyric?

they are overpriced for what they are....but if you can them at a discount then theyre not a bad buy at all

UE (Ultimate Ears)? I got the Triple.Fi Pro, and its amazing. Was like 5 bills and now cause of the massive sale (black friday?) on amazon a while back for $90 each, you can get one for like 130-50 give or take

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

I have these

beats-dr-dre.jpg
damn Sound Leaks!? I don't expect them to be like a vault, but is it more so that someone can tell what song your listening too, or to the point where they can hear every dang lyric?
ya it does but the whole point is to listen to music DGAF if the bum next to me hears me listening to weezy

it cancels noise so do you
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Can't tell if serious.....if you are, this is exactly why I will never own a pair of them.

I have the solo beats. They are a bit overpriced. Wasn't happy at 1st but they are not that bad after having them for a couple of months.

I guess I'm ignorant too

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Can't tell if serious.....if you are, this is exactly why I will never own a pair of them.
DAS WHY MY SWAG EXCLUSIVVEE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What makes them not worth it is the price.you can get better quality at a lower price.the kind of headphones you have on shouldn't make you look cool

coming from someone who has carried numerous jobs in the audio field, installation, sales, marketing. Bose is trash, biggest misconception is that ppl think bose is high quality.
on that note if you cant tell the difference from quality to mediocre models who cares what anyone else thinks, if you spend that money on some beats by dre of on some expensive bose headphones and enjoy the sound, than thats all that really matters. Use to waste time explaining to clients the difference in bang & olufsen vs harmon kardon, pioneer etc but in the end unless your an audiophile, most of us, myself included, really wont notice/ appreciate the subtle differences. try them at the store if you can justify spending that skrill than more power to you.

Theyre not terrible but they are overpriced and you can get better for that price range. Check out Senheisser or Audio-Technica headphones, my friend has some Grado's that are pretty nice too.

bought some refurbs and did the best buy switch
pimp.gif

mine never leaked and I've had em since june...still good

I have two Solo HD's for some reason
laugh.gif

I say just say only cop when the refurbished ones from monster. Mine still going strong
pimp.gif

If you gonna get it new, get it with the 2 year Best Buy warranty.

Is the Monster Refurb junst still going or is it every blue moon?

So Quality wise what is the diff between SOlos and Studios?

Back
Top Bottom