Music Forum random thoughts/confessions

-I think Cudi has best album of year (can't stand poke her face though)

-I think OB4CLII is the second best

-After that it doesn't matter

-I JUST bought/heard Food And Liquor in June; there are over 200 plays on itunes for most songs. The Cool stayed in my my car's disc changer for 14 monthsafter release.

-I CAN'T stand Kanye the person, but i can't get enough of Kayne the musician (as far as album drops go)

-^The same goes for Eminem.

-Sometimes I think people today hype the underground WAY to much because they want a 'great' now.

-I think Pac embraced a lie for the most part, and not just because I think B.I.G. was miles ahead.

-I still buy albums if i think they will be good. (Last 5 : Cudi, OB4CLII, BP III, Food & Liquor, Crime Pays.)

-I think Joe Budden had some of the sharpest lyrics out, but didn't focus.

-I didn't listen to ANY Wu Tang until about 2005

-My itunes is one of the things I would run outside of my house with if my house was on fire.

-.....if J Dilla was still around.... (Why did dude like Donuts so much?)

-1950's - 70's = rock and roll 1980s-2000's = hip hop 2010-??? = ???? (im thinking electronic/blended music)

-I think most 50 fans are white dudes that go to the gym. His lyrics make them feel tough and bad

-I think the recession helped hip/hop out some how. Don't know how money tightened for artists, but they seemed hungrier to me than previously.

-Why did Jay-Z choose THIS album to not have his picture on the cover?

-I wonder if Detox was recorded back around 2001, and Dre knows its as good as chronic 2001 because it was recorded with same flavor/time frame.

-I didn't listen to ANY rap or hip/hop or r&b until I was 16 (2002) which is bittersweet. On one hand I missed out big time, and on the other handEVERY song/album/artist dropped on that summer day. I still find entire albums I've never even heard of before, which works when there is a 'musicdrought.'

I'm sure there is more. Great thread OP

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Honestly, i give a DAMN about who's opinion ya'll do and dont respect.

Taking the internet serious FTL.

Honestly if you didn't you would have no need to respond to the statement. Carry On.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Yo you still be hoopin' in Wrangler jeans?
10fyfl1.jpg

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Tupac is the most overrated rapper ever
OB4CL2 is the rap album of the year
101606sly_claps.jpg
respect
pimp.gif

- Skyzoo's "The Salvation", Fashawn's "Boy Meets World", Royce da 5'9'''s"Street Hop", and Saigon's "Warning Shots 2" Are the most slept on albums this year.

- Real Talk, Blu's album is heat, but he has no material, so I don't bother with dude until I hear something new

- Blueprint 3 is Hov's way of saying "why am I not the best rapper to ya'll? Ya'll still comparing me toBiggie and Pac???" The album is great if you ask me
- Wale, Kid Cudi, & J.Cole are positive signs that the new generation of rap have a genuine love for music (Not just rap,music in general)
- the Constant Slurping of Gucci Mane & DJ Khalil on NT is asinine now honestly. (And khalil is cool imo)
- Drake = A joke. He has no background, no story. guy went from talking about Phonte and Elzhi were his favorite rappers, tosaying Kanye and Wayne influenced him. The guy is talking about wishing he was successful, when you were on a hit TV series?
indifferent.gif

- DJ drama needs to drop his mixtapes on time,
smh.gif

- Fabolous' album was OKAY. people rambling about that but in the same breath talk bad about Blueprint 3 need to just not talk at all.
- Jadakiss has officially lost his spot as my favorite rapper after the past 3 years. Styles P & Sheek Louch had better albums than you man!

J. Cole is my favorite rapper at this moment. The hunger in dudes voice is so evident and I hope he gets his.

BP3...? Don't talk to me 'bout that %#%!. Like it's been said, it's not horrible, but it's not good. I wasn't feelin' Hov'sflow at all on that. I don't want the "old Jay", but this current Jay isn't appealing to me.

Wiz Khalifa, no thanks...

Curren$y bores the hell out of me.

I haven't really listened to Kid Cudi. I'll check out dudes album at some point, though. Blu too.

I was listening to some 90's R&B last night. You know, Jodeci, Bobby Brown, R. Kelly, Dru Hill, 112, SWV ect, ect...We talk about how Rap/Hip Hop needshelp, how about R&B? There's a few acts here and there, but overall it's just stale IMO.

I've been listening to UGK all day. I miss Pimp C...

Gucci Mane is damn entertaining. If you value him for anything more than that, something is wrong with you.

Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, Sade, Marsha Ambrose, Alicia Keys, Inda.Arie (there's more, just can't think). They would all get wifed STRICTLY because theymake/made great music
laugh.gif

R. Kelly needs to hang it up.

I'm looking forward to that Triple C's album.

Waka Flocka Flame says his name too goddamn much. But it's not like dude has anything better to say, so I guess that's ok...

The Clipse isn't anything special to me.

I'm so bored with hip hop and like Chris Rock said "I'm tired of defending it"

I'm getting really sick of hearing the N word used in songs...and real life for that matter.

I've never listened to one Wale song, or one verse from dude for that matter. If he walked by me today I'd have no idea who he was.

I've never been mad at Soulja Boy for anything that he has done or will do. He's what an 18-19 yr old kid GETTING it. How can you hate on that?

You never hear me hating on Southern music, but I really can't rock to it...I like Jeezy, and occasionally Outkast but that's about it.

People can hate on him all they want, but Dame Dash was the man in his prime and I still respect his hustle.

Mos Def and Talib Kweli don't get enough props

Who the $@!+ asked you if YOU cared though?

Speaking out of turn FTL.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

matt and kim is the best duo

john mayer is GOAT
Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

- I think Lupe is trash, he can spit but I like maybe 1 or 2 songs he has.
Originally Posted by Gello 201

-
-I think Pac embraced a lie for the most part, and not just because I think B.I.G. was miles ahead.

smh.gif
After reading all that malarkee I say this

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Confession:

Outta all the people in this forum, I only respect the opinions of about 10 to 12 of y'all - the rest of y'all Ns just wastin' bandwith.

Really though. Son (and I do mean son) came outta the 9 and under section lookin for static lol. I'd be mad as hell too if I had to moderatethe same 10 threads with nobody but you and the OP in it every day for months on end
mad.gif

- Outta everyone in this forum I can count the dudes who know what hip hop is on 1 hand (you know who you are)
- OB4CL2 was mad overrated. After a week I got tired and haven't listened to it in over a month. Took it off my phone already.
- Gucci is better than Jay-Z
- I miss T-BOY, how he gonna go milk carton status right after dropping heat like youtube #%+
- I've never listened to more than a minute of drake/cudi/wale or any of the new rappers combined in my life
- Am I the only one who hears Rakim call Canibus a $*@** on "Buss 'em"
- KRS-One should never speak on hip hop again. Ever.
- I took RTD off my phone to make room for a new Jus Allah mixtape
- Damn O.C is underrated
- Kool G Rap > Rakim
- AOTP > Wu-Tang or any other rap group, period.
- Yeaahh Baby is underrated
- Vinnie Paz's new singles haven't impressed me

Theres a lot of people here who think just because they don't like something that their opinion actually reflects the truth
laugh.gif

Just look at this thread it's the perfect example.

'Tupac sucks'

indifferent.gif

No %*%@!. You ever come to realize that maybe your hearing @!%$%%@ sucks.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Even a better example in the post below me....hmmm...mentions Vinnie Paz...who the hell could that be
alien.gif

I actually like Lady Gaga's music and her whole persona... Definitely what pop music needed, IMHO.

People trip on the dude 'Ye too much sometimes... Let him live.

Whatever happened to Diddy and all of his new Bad Boy acts? Is his own new album even coming out?

Will Detox come out before I die? Will it seriously come out before Dre dies?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Theres a lot of people here who think just because they don't like something that their opinion actually reflects the truth
laugh.gif

Just look at this thread it's the perfect example.

'Tupac sucks'

indifferent.gif

No %*%@!. You ever come to realize that maybe your hearing @!%$%%@ sucks.
smh.gif
smh.gif
oh word...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Really though. Son (and I do mean son) came outta the 9 and under section lookin for static lol. I'd be mad as hell too if I had to moderate the same 10 threads with nobody but you and the OP in it every day for months on end
mad.gif

Son? You talking about an Entrepreneur young buck, i can hire you.

Yal'll still taking the internet serious?
laugh.gif
Im in my officechillin...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Really though. Son (and I do mean son) came outta the 9 and under section lookin for static lol. I'd be mad as hell too if I had to moderate the same 10 threads with nobody but you and the OP in it every day for months on end
mad.gif

Son? You talking about an Entrepreneur young buck, i can hire you.

Yal'll still taking the internet serious?
laugh.gif
Im in my office chillin...
As a buy/sell guide? Sorry my resume don't say doulja son. Stop trollin lookin for static
grin.gif

~ honestly only like Cam now because I used to soooo much. I outgrew that type of music. Nothing he's done since Killa Season has reached double digitplays in my iTunes.

~ Lupe is the best rapper alive to me. _ is just crazy with it. He's really one of the best ever for my money.

~ I really like Charles Hamilton's music. It's a shame that people can't be themselves in (rap) music.

I hated Dipset/Cam when they were popular because too many people were slurping them. I can enjoy there material now that the Dipset craze has died down.

In the past few years, I can only listen to Tupac's inspirational/meaningful songs. I feel like that was Pac at his best, when he was describing thestuggles people go through.

I haven't been able to listen to R&B since March.

Nas stopped being my favorite rapper in 2006. Jay took that spot.

At one point Kanye was becoming my favorite rapper. Then he turned into a diva.

I don't really like Eminem.

Beanie Siegel has one-up'd Jay on the majority of the tracks they've been on together.

I thought AZ had the best verse on Life's A !@#$%

I don't know if NY has anyone who can fill the void after Nas/Hov finally retire.

-8ball & MJG = goat duo
-jay and weezy fans make me not like them/ thier music more than anything
-I honestly tried but I just can't rock with the Wu
-Listening to Gucci has definitively killed some brain cells
-Fab, Buddens, Fat Joe all fall in the same category of cats that can flow but are OD boring

When ever I need to blow off some steam I just come in here and talk *$!! about Cam'ron and count how many people get touched.

Back
Top Bottom