Music Forum random thoughts/confessions

Its fine if you dont like them but to call Oukast and Lupe trash?
smh.gif

Anyways the only one I have is that I dont see the appeal in Gucci at all. He sucks as a rapper and I dont see anything entertaining about him at all.

I think Nas is the best rapper of all time

Big Pun was that dude

Mos Def is ridiculously talented

I don't think The Blueprint is as great as most people think it is
nerd.gif

-NaS is my favorite rapper.
-I don't think The Blueprint is that great. Reasonable Doubt is my favorite Jay album.
-Slaughterhouse is dope, but the CD is very boring to me...all of them can rhyme, but combined together they lack an identity. It's hard to explain, butthey basically lack what Wu-Tang had. And I'm a huge Joe Budden fan.
-Kanye is arrogant, but I love his music, "Welcome to Heartbreak" is my favorite song from him.
-I think the first 3 songs on "So Far Gone" are just
pimp.gif
, like I can just sit back and relax to em. and I can relate to all 3 of those songs.
-I don't listen to the radio, so it's hard when people have the radio on and ask me if I've heard the song before. what I hate most is that mostsongs on the radio sound the same. I wish they'd be more creative in choosing singles.
-Lupe is a great rapper, but I'm with some other people here, listening to him gets a bit boring sometimes. But...his skills are unquestionable and I'mlooking forward to his new CD, and I think F&L>The Cool.
-Has nothing to do with any artist, but I wonder if I'm the only one who looks back at my life...and different things that have happened are represented bydifferent songs. Like, when I listen to that song again, it brings me back to how I felt a few years ago.

- Reading a lot of comments in this thread and in this forum in general baffle the ##$* out of me and disgusts me

- I feel like i'm brainwashed by the mass agreement posts of these people on here sometimes

-NT has put me on to some good stuff sometimes...but has steered me wrong A WHOLE LOT

-I don't how to describe it....but it's so weird to see that a lot of people are Degrassi fans now...

-I try not to let a rapper's life outside of music determine how I view them...but that !*@$ is difficult (the game, rick ross, wale)

-When soulja boy dropped that teen of the south last year and stole gucci/oj da juiceman swag I was rockin with him...lately he's been coming wack on sometracks but people are actin like he's killing it and I find that to be dumb

-I dunno if anyone remembers...but the night T Boy premiered that "thats some youtube !*@$" on Ustream I was high as hell and found it AMAZING...ifelt like everyone in the room was high and every freestyle he kicked that night sounded like some kinda masterpiece

-I miss the old Dipset & G-Unit back in the days...dipset was killin it around 04 and JR Writer was a monster

-I used to hate south music and I never thought I would be a gucci mane fan

-Trap or die is overrated...it has some bangers...but i spend more time skipping songs on there than I do listening to them

- slick pulla SUCKS...there must be something I'm missing...but that guy is hot dumpster juice on a sunday afternoon...there's no way in hell he'sgood

-I feel like if Ice Berg can keep putting out music he'll blow up soon...

Illmatic had great lyrics but the beats were turrible IMO not the best hiphop album of all time to me.......and blueprint>reasonable doubt

i wish gangster rap was back and popular. most rap to me sounds so soft.
i wish cam and 40, ruger,jr, un kasa, bezel, and all the underling dips minus jha jha and byrd lady would get together and rap. $%$+ jim and julez. i hatetheir music

Nas is GOAT.

Untitled, The Cool, and OB4CL2 are the 3 best hip-hop albums of the past 5 years.

Kanye West took sampling to another level

Meth is the best Wu member

Carter 3 was garbage

30 seconds to mars > Green Day

1.Tribe
2.Wu
3.G-unit

Somepeople hide their true feelings for 50

BIG L gets way too much credit cuz he died.. I dont see him as a top 10 flow wise yes tho song wise hell no papoose is the new BIG L

Big Pun should be top 5 on everybody list... his flow was amazing and he made great songs

I think skinny jeans and men dont mesh together.. then tryna sag them? LMFAO

I think Burrprint was beyond garbage, only a dridah would say it was hot!!!

Nas is a idiot with his career moves, i think he out thinks himself

I dont wanna hear another GAME album and hear 500 mc's names

Tru Life can't rap at all

Saigon has great subject matter but nooooo push at all

Outkast is good but there not GREAT ive heard all there CDS

3stacks gets wayyyy to much credit on NT, but again anybody who has a off brand style on NT is Considered the GOAT includes ye

Ye makes auto tune and people love him to death????? he cant rap at allll but makes good songs but thats where it stops

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Andre 3000 is overrated.

yeeees.

MJ gets no play from me
Wale is overrated
lady gaga is ugly and dont got any hot music
WU tang is veeeeeeeeeery overrated ( xcept my ninja method man)
Danny! is the next big thing
Paul wall is a G
Tribe is wack - believe that
Pharell is a wack MC, he cant spit nothing good
Twista is a beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast on the mic
Nelly is overplayed
Katt Williams is a G.

I told myself that when thism oney got right I was gonna buy BP# on disk cuz I played the HELL outo f the burned joint... and I didn't
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading.
Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" is one of the great songs of the past 10 yrs
*LOGS OUT*
laugh.gif
i will defend this song until i die, i don't give a !%%!. i'm more than sure most of NT don't know what it takes to write a great song anyway. one of Tricky's best

I don't know, it just doesn't strike me as a great song. Good song? Yes.

When thinking about Mariah's great songs in the last ten years, this just doesn't stand out as one of them. Especially when thinking about one of thegreat songs in the last ten years.

Boy you can put me on you
Like a brand new white tee
I'll hug your body tighter
Than my favorite jeans
I want you to caress me
Like a tropical breeze
And float away with you
In the Caribbean Sea

Like, come on. I don't think the lyrics throughout the song were bad, but they definitely weren't great.

I'm really not trying to nitpick. I'm just not hearing the greatness of the song.

Im drove cuz a concert got rescheduled and now i gotta try to sell the tickets...messed up on so many levels!!

My thing is OK you don't like Lupe fine but to say he's whack?... really?. That %$+! doesn't even register to me.
smh.gif

BIG L gets way too much credit cuz he died.. I dont see him as a top 10 flow wise yes tho song wise hell no papoose is the new BIG L

He's a predecessor to a style that people still try and imitate today but he did it WAY better and that was back in the 90's. Lol @ papoose being thenew Big L nah bruh..

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading.
Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" is one of the great songs of the past 10 yrs
*LOGS OUT*
laugh.gif
i will defend this song until i die, i don't give a !%%!. i'm more than sure most of NT don't know what it takes to write a great song anyway. one of Tricky's best
I don't know, it just doesn't strike me as a great song. Good song? Yes.

When thinking about Mariah's great songs in the last ten years, this just doesn't stand out as one of them. Especially when thinking about one of the great songs in the last ten years.

Boy you can put me on you
Like a brand new white tee
I'll hug your body tighter
Than my favorite jeans
I want you to caress me
Like a tropical breeze
And float away with you
In the Caribbean Sea

Like, come on. I don't think the lyrics throughout the song were bad, but they definitely weren't great.

I'm really not trying to nitpick. I'm just not hearing the greatness of the song.

i agree the lyrics arent that great, although i like the hook a lot. My thing is if that song was given to someone like Chris Brown, Ne-yo, oreven R. Kelly (who did the rmx) or Usher or someone like them, switch the lyrics up a bit to reflect a dude's POV, I think it's a bigger hit thanMariah's version. Guess I should've clarified that. Whatever this is confessions too so %+*+ it

yo Starks im feelin that mad men avy
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
(smoking implies mad men)

Originally Posted by BishopDS

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Andre 3000 is overrated.

yeeees.

MJ gets no play from me
Wale is overrated
lady gaga is ugly and dont got any hot music
WU tang is veeeeeeeeeery overrated ( xcept my ninja method man)
Danny! is the next big thing
Paul wall is a G
Tribe is wack - believe that
Pharell is a wack MC, he cant spit nothing good
Twista is a beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast on the mic
Nelly is overplayed
Katt Williams is a G.

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom