Music Forum random thoughts/confessions

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Originally Posted by acidicality

-Has nothing to do with any artist, but I wonder if I'm the only one who looks back at my life...and different things that have happened are represented by different songs. Like, when I listen to that song again, it brings me back to how I felt a few years ago.
You aren't the only one. Same thing happens to me at times.

I'm positive plenty of people feel that way.
I have strong memories connected with certain songs. One of the reasons why I love music. Also, one of the best feelings... nostalgia.

Robin Thicke new single was cool
smile.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Originally Posted by acidicality

-Has nothing to do with any artist, but I wonder if I'm the only one who looks back at my life...and different things that have happened are represented by different songs. Like, when I listen to that song again, it brings me back to how I felt a few years ago.
You aren't the only one. Same thing happens to me at times.

I'm positive plenty of people feel that way.
I have strong memories connected with certain songs. One of the reasons why I love music. Also, one of the best feelings... nostalgia.
Yep. I love it when music takes me back to childhood experiences the most.

Most of the time, the memories are positive, but I have experienced music bringing back bad memories as well. I really didn't want to hear the album that Iwas listening to at the time of the bad experience for awhile, because of it bringing back an uncomfortable feeling. Sort of crazy. The worst part was that Ireally enjoyed the album that brought back those bad memories. But I'm over it now.

I don't usually pay most of ya'll any mind at all. Either A, you ain't the type of person that can actually relate to the type of $%%$ you listento or B, you have little to no understanding of music or hip-hop outside of what you are force-fed. You're just another "dumb fan". You like whatyou're programmed to like. You can't feel that $%%$ like how I can. You don't speak musiceveryday. Or breathe that $%%$... you don't even listen. The radio its just on in the background keeping up noise. The only reason I post here is to knowwhat the average dumb mother +*%+%! thinks about rap music so I can better formulate my strategy for pitching it to him. Meanwhile it's 10 or 12 people,Cage included, that remind me that I may be rare, but I ain't the only real *$++@ left listening to real *$++@ rap.

- It probably sounds weird, but I simply do not like when artists talk about current events in their songs.

- I find women so much more attractive when I love their music, or when they're great at playing an instrument. A female who would look alright or justgood to me if I saw her walking on the street, looks sexy when I love her music.
pimp.gif

- Concerts are awesome. I just can't get tired of them. I hate when an opening act performs too many songs in their set. Geez. I went to a concert duringthe summer where this band called Other Lives performed about 8 songs (or at least it felt that way). Now, they were good, but goddamn. I haven't checkedfor any of their music yet, but I'll give their album a chance.

- I enjoyed Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson's new album. I didn't have high expections, but ended up liking it.

- Mariah Carey's "Bye Bye" is one of my favorite songs from her.

- Adele's "Chasing Pavements" is a great song.

- It wasn't until recently that I realized how important an album cover is when I'm unfamiliar with an artist.

- I <3 Lauryn Hill
- I Think Wu is the greatest rap group of all time, bar none.
- I used to always listen to Tribe but I find myself listening to them less and less, idk what happened. I still love em tho
- Nas, Pac, Biggie, in that order
- I've discovered that listening to albums in order is a whole lot better than just throwing my $$%$ on shuffle and playing whatever. (Shuffle is stilldope tho
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)
- I don't understand how people don't like bay area music. Like you think all we do is ghostride and $+@%?
laugh.gif
Mob Figaz, Mac Dre, Hiero, Luniz... Thebay area has been holding it down for a minute.
Idk that's all i got for now, more tomorrow

• did Bun B ever have a wack verse on a feature?!? hmmmmmm.....i cant think of one.....guess not!
  • Eminem is my homie......but i cant get into Relapse at all....im forcing myself to listen to it right now as i type this (i havent listened to this since after a week it released.....really!)
  • why did i jump ship when 50 started to beef with Ja Rule?!? Ja had an ill flow and some good lyrics
  • speaking of Ja Rule....did Drake kinda run with Rule's Rap&B format?!?!?! hmmmmmmm
  • speaking of Drake.....are his two favorite rappers Jay Z and Wayne? because i hear a combination of both in his flow
  • i feel sorry for my unborn unconceived children when it comes to the current music their gonna be listening to
  • T.I. has the best live show right now....dude really knows how to rock a show (works the stage, articulation, doesnt miss a word, crowd participation, alot of energy)
  • so Trey Songz can rap better than some of the rappers?!?!?
  • Hot Boy$ reunion album and tour needs to hurry up!
  • i hate it when im not high the first time i listen to an album / mixtape ive been anticipating
  • im a victim of trying all of the new dances when they come out in the comfort of my own home or around my closest folks.... i.e. stanky leg, jerking, swag surfing, krumping, crank that....etc...etc....
  • Da Brat >>> Nicki Minaj........as far as a pop artist..............Brat can spit her behind off!
  • would Wayne sound right on a Shawty Redd signature beat?!?
  • Frank Sinatra has some dope music and a great voice........"Thats Life" makes me feel better whenever im goin through somethin...........son was on that futuristic swag with "Fly me to the Moon"........sorry Cudi..lol
  • i wish my friend wouldnt give me the
    indifferent.gif
    and the $@##+ when i try to put them on to anything besides hip hop and r&b
  • your really missing out if you only listen to one or two genres of music!
  • Delonte West shoulda been a rapper instead of an nba allstar......word to the KFC freestyle and gettin caught in PGcounty riding a Spyder strapped with two handguns and a rifle in a guitar case
    eek.gif
    roll.gif
    now thats gangsta!!!!!!! woulda been cool if he was on the "Always Strapped" remix
    laugh.gif
  • Blackout 2 was one of the best albums this year......and i NEVER hear anyone talk about it either on NT or around my way
  • speaking of BO2.....we all know Meth can still turn it up to the max (OB4CL2)......but Red outshined him on this one, homie was spittin like a hungry 20 sumthing year old tryna make a name for himself............***turns off Relapse that i was tryna appreciate (mind didnt change any
    tired.gif
    ) and turns on BO2!***
  • its good to see all ages still rockin to MJ when the dj throws on one of his classics in the club!
thats all for now

Kid Cudi's album really speaks to me

Nas is the GOAT

Chuck D was ahead of his time.

Tony Yayo should just be a hype man

If i could chill with one rapper, i'd want to chill with Mos Def

I think Kanyes outburst are hilarious

I used to be a huge 50 fan but once his album started getting pushed back and back the less i've started to like him.

Gucci man is wack.

Slim Thug is entertaining.

This is wrritten under the influence. i'm BENT as hell

-BIG woulda been th GOAt. this from a HUGE Jay-z FAN. F what you heard.
-OB4CLII was better than BP3 and damn near any ablbum this year.
-Loso's Way is trash. I feel shiested even DLing that @%% and WITh the bonus cuts
-Deeper than Rap was fire.
-The Ast Kiss was a let down. I hate Jada's albums
-I hate Kid cudi with a passion..but his album was an acid trip. I dont know id thats good or bad.
-I hate rap nowadays
-Untitled was fire. Queens Get The Money was aproblem.

ill bbl cuz im bent

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

Originally Posted by BishopDS

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Andre 3000 is overrated.

yeeees.

MJ gets no play from me
Wale is overrated
lady gaga is ugly and dont got any hot music
WU tang is veeeeeeeeeery overrated ( xcept my ninja method man)
Danny! is the next big thing
Paul wall is a G
Tribe is wack - believe that
Pharell is a wack MC, he cant spit nothing good
Twista is a beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast on the mic
Nelly is overplayed
Katt Williams is a G.

indifferent.gif

Purple Haze (2004) is the greatest rap album of all time

Its a travesty the way Cam was handled on the Roc and one can only wonder what would have happened if Dame stayed in charge

- Nelly's Country Grammer was a classic album, and I'm not BS'n
- I feel like Jay Electronica could out rap any of the current popular rappers
- Just Blaze needs to ditch Saigon and get back in the limelight
- NWA's impact on music is underappreciated.
- the Friday Soundtrack is one of the best movie soundtracks of all time
- is it just me or does it sound like Drake is whining on every track, like he's trying to prove something
- Das EFX was dope back in the day even though they said gibberish most of the time
- I wish Bizzy Bone would have never left Bone Thugs N Harmony, made them wack as hell for a few albums in a row
- speaking of Bone, could you imagine how hot a video for Thug Luv or Notorious Thugs would have been
smh.gif

I wish rap videos would return to being raw and gritty, today everything is so sheltered and powder puff, I would honestly listen to the radio if gangster rapreturns

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Its a travesty the way Cam was handled on the Roc and one can only wonder what would have happened if Dame stayed in charge
laugh.gif

that's not even cams best album

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Man i liked purple haze ( a lot) but.......come on now. that joint had "girls wanna have fun" on it. be serious.

TP-2.com is my 2nd favorite album of all time. just has that dumb skit on it. all bangers.

Ja rules album that had "always on time" and that remake of "pain " with pac is a great album that i need to download.

Bone use to be all i would listen to.

I love Eastcoast more than anything, but back in the day, i sided wit the West and Deathrow.

Besides vanilla ice when i was like 3-4, my first rap song was Wrex n effx "rump shaker" and i believe it was the lynch mob. All i remember from thelynch mob was "the lil monkey couldnt hang wit the gorilla" if anyone knows what im talkin about, please give me a link.

Kris Kross had me and my brothers on some Funny S!!! back in the day
laugh.gif

Back when i was depressed (due to my boy passin) i would grab Nas's Lost Tapes and ride out and smoke cigars...not even weed, straight cigars. S!!! helpedtho

this is more random thoughts havin to do with music, o well.
pimp.gif

i typed up mad stuff but I'ma go off memory
-Cam'ron is one of the greater lyricists of our time. Not greatest ever. of our times.
-Jadakiss is not top 5 DOA. Styles P is better
-OB4CLII...i dont know if it's an immediate classic..but this album is top 3 of the past few years..vintage street music.
-Blu is the best lyricist of the Freshman 10
-Wale is enh. He doesnt get a reaction from me. I think he's a bit sensitive at times and acts like a cowboy with nothing to lose. I do respect him gettingthe NYC Nters into his show though
-Record labels need to include Twitter limiting clauses. That $!! can hurt sales and public perception. Word to Fab and Wale
-Curren$y is MAD overrated. He's decent at best but i dont see the hype. I guess i need to get zooted and buy a lot more kicks.
-I do admit that I like Wiz though
-I think Hip Hop falls for the "Co sign" too much. I hate it.
-Kid Cudi....i just dont like this guy for some reason but his album was an acid trip to me. I cant listen to it too much though.
-Kanye is great. He's just an obnoxious prick. I like that as i related to his underdog mentality but sometimes he goes overboard.
-Jay-z is the greatest opportunist/hustler in music of all time. The gap that he filled after B.I.G.s death will probably only be appreciated after he reallyis done
-Beanie Sigel has ate Jay on damn near every track they were on

-Too much disrespect of legends in hiphop
-I hate how the corporate monster has taken a hold of hip hop

Back
Top Bottom