MUST READ!!! Finishline horror story...

The reason why he wouldn't take them back is because of what they were...

If you had pair of Reebok's or something WITHOUT a release date, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The reason? They're Jordans. The average person doesn't want them if they dont get them on the release day, or with it just one/two pairs, they run the risk of keeping them, unless somebody comes in and miraculously wears THAT size.

Stores started really cracking down on stuff like this during the AJ XI SJ launch...people tryin to resell bought 'em up tryin to cash in, couldn't get 'em off, and returned multiple pairs to stores, esp.online orders. Corporate for Foot Locker & Finish Line stepped in and no longer accept returns on major releases.

The problem IS...it's not on the receipt, or any signs/postings...BUT, it IS at the manager's discretion. Customer service will cater to you, BUT won't do anything to the manager since this policy has been put in place, so don't expect him to get fired or reprimanded. It's not gonna happen. I know this cause I worked for FL for 9 years.

As for "greedy resellers", cut it out....if you've bought a release you missed out on off of here, Ebay, ISS, etc....then you supported it. BUT....that's a whole 'nother argument.

The reason why he wouldn't take them back is because of what they were...

If you had pair of Reebok's or something WITHOUT a release date, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The reason? They're Jordans. The average person doesn't want them if they dont get them on the release day, or with it just one/two pairs, they run the risk of keeping them, unless somebody comes in and miraculously wears THAT size.

Stores started really cracking down on stuff like this during the AJ XI SJ launch...people tryin to resell bought 'em up tryin to cash in, couldn't get 'em off, and returned multiple pairs to stores, esp.online orders. Corporate for Foot Locker & Finish Line stepped in and no longer accept returns on major releases.

The problem IS...it's not on the receipt, or any signs/postings...BUT, it IS at the manager's discretion. Customer service will cater to you, BUT won't do anything to the manager since this policy has been put in place, so don't expect him to get fired or reprimanded. It's not gonna happen. I know this cause I worked for FL for 9 years.

As for "greedy resellers", cut it out....if you've bought a release you missed out on off of here, Ebay, ISS, etc....then you supported it. BUT....that's a whole 'nother argument.

I did send an email to finishline that was almost word for word the same paragraph.  I have still yet to get a response from them yet(was send tues evening), im not trying to get anyone fired from their job but for a manager to blatantly lie & come up with some bs that theres no tags in the shoe is flat out horsesh!t...if it wasnt for that I probably would have left & went to the store I bought them from, but im not a liar & to be accuse of some nonsense like that...thats NOT how I roll!!! thats what pushed the envelope. Ill keep you guys posted on what happens...

I did send an email to finishline that was almost word for word the same paragraph.  I have still yet to get a response from them yet(was send tues evening), im not trying to get anyone fired from their job but for a manager to blatantly lie & come up with some bs that theres no tags in the shoe is flat out horsesh!t...if it wasnt for that I probably would have left & went to the store I bought them from, but im not a liar & to be accuse of some nonsense like that...thats NOT how I roll!!! thats what pushed the envelope. Ill keep you guys posted on what happens...

Don't buy what you don't need, plain and simple. Leave the extra pairs for somebody else.

Don't buy what you don't need, plain and simple. Leave the extra pairs for somebody else.

Send an Email to the company and get the DMs names...
back when the 11/12 pack was released my old store was suppose to hold down a pair for a size 14 dude..
we didnt sell it to him and he complain to everyone in one big email and 2 weeks later got a FREE 11/12 size 14 mail to his house

Send an Email to the company and get the DMs names...
back when the 11/12 pack was released my old store was suppose to hold down a pair for a size 14 dude..
we didnt sell it to him and he complain to everyone in one big email and 2 weeks later got a FREE 11/12 size 14 mail to his house

SAME THING HAPPEN TRYIN TO RETURN FOAMS TO FOOTLOCKER ONCE...THEY SAID NO...EVEN TO THE STORE I BOUGHT THEM...ITS ALL ABOUT #'S THEY NEVER WANNA TAKE THE NEGATIVE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SLOW...

ENDED UP HAVING TO MAIL THE TO FOOTLOCKER HEADQUARTERS AND GOT A CHECK FOR MY REFUND.

SAME THING HAPPEN TRYIN TO RETURN FOAMS TO FOOTLOCKER ONCE...THEY SAID NO...EVEN TO THE STORE I BOUGHT THEM...ITS ALL ABOUT #'S THEY NEVER WANNA TAKE THE NEGATIVE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SLOW...

ENDED UP HAVING TO MAIL THE TO FOOTLOCKER HEADQUARTERS AND GOT A CHECK FOR MY REFUND.

#/addy to the store? MGR name?? NT can make this interesting
laugh.gif

Stores can be a mother$%^&* when it comes to returns. A shoe thats being returned to a diff. store only does one thing for the store: negative income. They didnt originally sell the shoe, so they're takign a Loss while the store you originally ought it from made Profit. But its company policy, you can return to ANY store, thats for most,if not ALL chain retail stores.

#/addy to the store? MGR name?? NT can make this interesting
laugh.gif

Stores can be a mother$%^&* when it comes to returns. A shoe thats being returned to a diff. store only does one thing for the store: negative income. They didnt originally sell the shoe, so they're takign a Loss while the store you originally ought it from made Profit. But its company policy, you can return to ANY store, thats for most,if not ALL chain retail stores.

Had a similar situation. I bought the 14/9 package at one store, attempted to return it at a different store just a few days after the release. The manager at the time looked at my receipt, asked me why I am at this location and not the one where I bought the shoes. I didnt even feel like responding to such a stupid question, I already knew he was going to try to be on some BS. He then looks at the shoes and claims that I wore them
indifferent.gif
. Ended up going to another store to return them no problem.

This was around 08, I worked for Finishline (not this particular store) from 03-06 so I know how some managers are. Very jacked up company.

Had a similar situation. I bought the 14/9 package at one store, attempted to return it at a different store just a few days after the release. The manager at the time looked at my receipt, asked me why I am at this location and not the one where I bought the shoes. I didnt even feel like responding to such a stupid question, I already knew he was going to try to be on some BS. He then looks at the shoes and claims that I wore them
indifferent.gif
. Ended up going to another store to return them no problem.

This was around 08, I worked for Finishline (not this particular store) from 03-06 so I know how some managers are. Very jacked up company.

Back
Top Bottom