My Cell Phone Frustrations

Let me start by saying that I am an avid call ignorer, and certain people get angry at me about that. First of all, me having a cell phone does not giveeveryone access to me 24/7. If I don't want to be bothered I probably will not answer my phone, and I think I have a right to not do so. If it'simportant you will leave a voicemail. If you don't then I guess I had every reason to ignore your call. Don't get me wrong, I do answer my phone amajority to the time, but if I don't want to I won't. Second of all, if I ignore your call once don't bother calling me four more times in a row.Chances are if I didn't pick up the first time I won't the third time, or even the fifth time. Lastly, everyone with a cell phone seems to constantlybe at least five minutes late. Before cell phones were popular when you made plans to meet someone you had to be there, and if you weren't you were an!!$@%%%.
Am I the only one with these frustrations? What are your cell phone frustrations?

I agree with you totally.

But my problem is with Cell phone courtesy. People and loud ringtones and Talking loud on the phone in public places.

Ehh, i guess you could turn your phone off, but then you might miss someone you would want to talk to right?

Is it impossible to just answer and say you're busy or you'll get back to them later on when you have time?

That would prevent those 2nd and 3rd call backs and probably save you some frustrations.

I pick up all calls, you never know - someone might need you due to an emergency. But if I am really tired and don't want to be bothered I just turn itoff.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Ehh, i guess you could turn your phone off, but then you might miss someone you would want to talk to right?

Is it impossible to just answer and say you're busy or you'll get back to them later on when you have time?

That would prevent those 2nd and 3rd call backs and probably save you some frustrations.

Is it impossible? No. Is it impossible to accept that I'm either not around, I leave my phone at home when I jog and sometimes just because I want to,or don't want to speak to you then? No.

And like I said if it's an emergency you will leave a voicemail.

grin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Like everyone else said, turn your phone off.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Get a blog too.[/color]

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

But my problem is with Cell phone courtesy. People and loud ringtones and Talking loud on the phone in public places.

Let's not forget about them bumping unwanted music on their phones.
wink.gif

I knew some people that were like the OP...doesn't pick up the phone much because they want some alone time, that's cool. But they get mad when no onecalls anymore and we kick it without them, saying things like 'you guys forgot about me'.

I personally pick up the phone when I can. Like someone stated, it may be an emergency.

Originally Posted by wj4

I knew some people that were like the OP...doesn't pick up the phone much because they want some alone time, that's cool. But they get mad when no one
calls anymore and we kick it without them, saying things like 'you guys forgot about me'.

I personally pick up the phone when I can. Like someone stated, it may be an emergency.

Yeah, I know what you mean. After awhile, people just assume you're going to be busy and don't bother to call anymore.

Certainly turning my phone off seems like a viable option, but I do answer calls and texts from my boyfriend.

Real talk, I've lost about a half dozen college friends because I never answer my phone. Sad thing, is that I'm starting to do it with my newerfriends.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

You know, you could just get a blog.

Can't that be said for all of the threads in General? What's the point of a forum if people are going to say things like that? You get a blog.

And yes, I am a female.

I agree with everything you just said whole heartedly. Unfortunately my friends still don't get it. Oh and if I don't answer my cell phone or I had itturned off, that doesn't mean you can call my house phone
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Let's not forget about them bumping unwanted music on their phones.
wink.gif

Most definitely unappreciated.
smh.gif

39016e2289c03f207d1bdb35c3c9d5cb79b18496.gif
is the point of having a cell phone when you don'tever bother picking it up ironic
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
ae626f62568d4ca236c2d57481fcf672a2b578ac.gif
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif

Originally Posted by West2East

Oh and if I don't answer my cell phone or I had it turned off, that doesn't mean you can call my house phone
smh.gif

I have friends that take it one step further, and show up at my house or call my boyfriend. Maybe I need to get rid of my friends not my phone...

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Originally Posted by West2East

Oh and if I don't answer my cell phone or I had it turned off, that doesn't mean you can call my house phone
smh.gif

I have friends that take it one step further, and show up at my house, or call my boyfriend. Maybe I need to get rid of my friends not my phone...
Believe me, this one friend would if he could.
smh.gif
mad.gif
&
roll.gif
all at the same time cuz he'll never learn. ever.
Originally Posted by Stork

39016e2289c03f207d1bdb35c3c9d5cb79b18496.gif
is the point of having a cell phone when you don't ever bother picking it up ironic
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif

How is that ironic again? Anyway, having a cell phone doesn't mean the whole should have access to you 24/7 and you should be at their beck and call.There's a reason there's caller ID. It's called screening phone calls. If I don't want to talk to you, I won't. My friends shouldn'teven get offended anymore. I'm just hardly ever in the mood to just sit and chit chat and they know that.

Agree with everything OP said.
In fact, I tell my friends that I ignore calls. All of my close friends are cool with it though because they do the same.
laugh.gif

Lately, I've started to just leave the cell at home.

Back
Top Bottom