My Gay Friends: Please stop comparing your plight to civil rights.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

so a gay guy cant walk down the street holding hands with his boyfriend, just like any heterosexual couple? o wait i forgot its private business to be gay 
grin.gif

Ok if homosexuals walk down the street its not illegal, I dont care what you do, my point is how can you compare gay rights to civil rights in any way. What are they fighting for rights to marriage, really this all you got to compare. its not close
lol being homosexual isnt illegal either, but uv still been spewing nonsense saying that they should hide it....how are u not understanding that these are CIVIL RIGHTS issues, im not saying what they went through is as bad or worse then what we black people had to go through, but its still civil rights issues. and you really cant believe the only thing theyve gone through is the fight for gay marriage, even in this thread there have been plenty of examples of people being beatin, tortured, hung, and just plain discriminated against for being gay.
im not telling them to go hide, im saying the choice is theres point blank. I have acknowledged there struggle, or lack there of. But in this country let be honest most of you are pointing out extreme cases of gay bashing to draw a point on how much the gay community has gone through. With this logic you can make a case for anyone's struggles by looking at extreme cases, people get discriminated or beat for a number of reason. Fight there fight, but dont compare. The attention brought to the gay community and there so called struggle shocks me.

Ok if homosexuals walk down the street its not illegal, I dont care what you do, my point is how can you compare gay rights to civil rights in any way. What are they fighting for rights to marriage, really this all you got to compare. its not close
lol being homosexual isnt illegal either, but uv still been spewing nonsense saying that they should hide it....how are u not understanding that these are CIVIL RIGHTS issues, im not saying what they went through is as bad or worse then what we black people had to go through, but its still civil rights issues. and you really cant believe the only thing theyve gone through is the fight for gay marriage, even in this thread there have been plenty of examples of people being beatin, tortured, hung, and just plain discriminated against for being gay.
im not telling them to go hide, im saying the choice is theres point blank. I have acknowledged there struggle, or lack there of. But in this country let be honest most of you are pointing out extreme cases of gay bashing to draw a point on how much the gay community has gone through. With this logic you can make a case for anyone's struggles by looking at extreme cases, people get discriminated or beat for a number of reason. Fight there fight, but dont compare. The attention brought to the gay community and there so called struggle shocks me.

I agree with not comparing, but it's the attention that is necessary to fight the fight imo. While it's true that there are other extreme cases such as asian hate crimes, there's nothing in our laws discriminating asians. If there were, I'm sure people would make a big deal out of it too and call cases of extreme discrimination to attention. While I agree that the struggles are not comparable, I don't think that means that their struggle is a nonissue especially given the context of our society and how far we've supposedly come which is what you seem to be suggesting. 

I agree with not comparing, but it's the attention that is necessary to fight the fight imo. While it's true that there are other extreme cases such as asian hate crimes, there's nothing in our laws discriminating asians. If there were, I'm sure people would make a big deal out of it too and call cases of extreme discrimination to attention. While I agree that the struggles are not comparable, I don't think that means that their struggle is a nonissue especially given the context of our society and how far we've supposedly come which is what you seem to be suggesting. 

Originally Posted by megachamploo

I agree with not comparing, but it's the attention that is necessary to fight the fight imo. While it's true that there are other extreme cases such as asian hate crimes, there's nothing in our laws discriminating asians. If there were, I'm sure people would make a big deal out of it too and call cases of extreme discrimination to attention. While I agree that the struggles are not comparable, I don't think that means that their struggle is no big deal especially given the context of our society which is what you seem to be suggesting. 
im not saying its no big deal, or that it is, but from the commercials about gay slurs, or turn on you tv and someone in trouble for a gay comment, you would think that gay ppl are going through the hardest struggles in recent history. Its just blown up, I dont think anyone can deny that.

I agree with not comparing, but it's the attention that is necessary to fight the fight imo. While it's true that there are other extreme cases such as asian hate crimes, there's nothing in our laws discriminating asians. If there were, I'm sure people would make a big deal out of it too and call cases of extreme discrimination to attention. While I agree that the struggles are not comparable, I don't think that means that their struggle is no big deal especially given the context of our society which is what you seem to be suggesting. 
im not saying its no big deal, or that it is, but from the commercials about gay slurs, or turn on you tv and someone in trouble for a gay comment, you would think that gay ppl are going through the hardest struggles in recent history. Its just blown up, I dont think anyone can deny that.

who's going through a more serious struggle right now that somebody somewhere isn't making a big fuss about? 

who's going through a more serious struggle right now that somebody somewhere isn't making a big fuss about? 

If black people had a choice to camouflage themselves, does this make their plight any less? If the choice was there does it really make a difference? By saying the choice is there you're implying that being gay comes with negative reinforcement and they should stop being so gay (stop tryna sugarcoat it). There are people who make similar excuses about what black people can do if they hate the way they are being treated eg. Go back to Africa.

In this country because we are more progressive than most, thank goodness most of these cases of gay bashing are extreme cause sh$% like this happens everyday in third world countries and people turn a blind eye or fully support it. Maybe America can be an example. Clearly most modern day struggles in America are not going to be as severe as struggles in the past because many great men have suffered for many (not just African Americans) to be treated fairly and justly. Not only African Americans benefited from the civil rights movement.

If black people had a choice to camouflage themselves, does this make their plight any less? If the choice was there does it really make a difference? By saying the choice is there you're implying that being gay comes with negative reinforcement and they should stop being so gay (stop tryna sugarcoat it). There are people who make similar excuses about what black people can do if they hate the way they are being treated eg. Go back to Africa.

In this country because we are more progressive than most, thank goodness most of these cases of gay bashing are extreme cause sh$% like this happens everyday in third world countries and people turn a blind eye or fully support it. Maybe America can be an example. Clearly most modern day struggles in America are not going to be as severe as struggles in the past because many great men have suffered for many (not just African Americans) to be treated fairly and justly. Not only African Americans benefited from the civil rights movement.

Your point? If black slurs aren't allowed why should other slurs be fair game? It's blown up, not a moment too soon, deal with it.

Your point? If black slurs aren't allowed why should other slurs be fair game? It's blown up, not a moment too soon, deal with it.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I don't have a problem with gay marriage or anything at all, but it does irk me at the comparisons sometimes, especially when people are suddenly
so steadfest about abolishing "anti-gay slurs" and things like "******", but the same hasn't been done for the nword or anything. And the person who
said "in before i didn't choose to be black, they chose to be gay", well, that's pretty much the truth. Your race is predetermined, sexual orientation
isn't.
Both have struggles (along with other minorities), but it's not really the same if you sit back and think about it.
do you really believe that people choose to be gay? like theres an on and off switch to who your attracted to? do you think you could wake up tommarow and choose to be attracted to men if you wanted to?

I don't believe people choose to be gay as flipping an on off switch, but more so gradual, and just the environment you come up in. A lot of people say
that you could be "born gay", but I don't see how that would happen at all. To me, it's an experience (or experiences) in which that happens. If you
grow up experiencing gay things early on, either you will grow to accept it, or there's the complete 180 extreme, you'll detest gay things trying to prove
at every second you aren't gay.

I don't have a problem with gay marriage or anything at all, but it does irk me at the comparisons sometimes, especially when people are suddenly
so steadfest about abolishing "anti-gay slurs" and things like "******", but the same hasn't been done for the nword or anything. And the person who
said "in before i didn't choose to be black, they chose to be gay", well, that's pretty much the truth. Your race is predetermined, sexual orientation
isn't.
Both have struggles (along with other minorities), but it's not really the same if you sit back and think about it.
do you really believe that people choose to be gay? like theres an on and off switch to who your attracted to? do you think you could wake up tommarow and choose to be attracted to men if you wanted to?

I don't believe people choose to be gay as flipping an on off switch, but more so gradual, and just the environment you come up in. A lot of people say
that you could be "born gay", but I don't see how that would happen at all. To me, it's an experience (or experiences) in which that happens. If you
grow up experiencing gay things early on, either you will grow to accept it, or there's the complete 180 extreme, you'll detest gay things trying to prove

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Wr

i did.  enlighten me.
are you an athiest? Do you disregard the human soul and the holy spirit? if so, there really is no point in further going into this point. I think of homosexuality of a spiritual matter rather than an issue for politics to decide the fate of. that leads into the whole separation of church and state issue and whether you are a person that believes this is a christian country vs, the truth of it being a secular institution made to hybridize all former institutions that come in and participate.

i never said i'm an atheist. you made a point and i asked about it.

you brought up ancestors, and i asked whether or not you really believe that you don't have any gay ancestors.  you didn't answer the question.

you then explained that you feel homosexuality is wrong because of spiritual reasons.  that's fine, that's your belief.  this being a discussion on homosexuality and civil rights (ultimately leading to another discussion on gay marriage and equal rights etc) i asked if you then justify the political oppression of gays solely by your spiritual/religious beliefs.  no need for me to point out spiritual/religious reasons were the same excuses used by the churches and countless regimes to justify the oppression of blacks throughout the fifteenth-twentieth centuries.  i'm sure you saw that was where i was going.  Factor in that the majority of Africans are not Christian by ancestry, but by colonization and forced adoption and it becomes even more interesting when baptists/catholics/christians and the like use the bible and invoke the holy spirit as justification for oppressing anyone.

but meh.  whatever.  as long as people can excuse their biases right?

and no i'm not an atheist.  not that it would change anything i said if i was.
I did answer your question. I said that level of existing beyond a physical body where ancestors reside is beyond gender. 
Colonization put on the clothes of religion in order to use people and their hearts. Religion is a tool. People use tools for the wrong reason all the time and this is another example of it.

This is not something I cooked up. The bible is all about a dual sexed being and is color coded to show that. It's at the core of the bibles beliefs and all other religions. 

You will  see many depictions of jesus as and androgynous figure in the bible cloaked in red and blue, represent to colors of the two sexes/ male and female. Red+blue equals= purple, or white for sexual purity
tumblr_lms1xqCtZV1qb59nf.jpg

jesus7.jpg

da_vinci_the_last_supper_detail_da_vinci_code.jpg

681_god-creator.jpg

Campin_VirginAndChildBeforeAFireplace.JPG

Campin_MorningTrinityThroneOfGOd.JPG

Campin_ChristBlessingTheVirginINPrayer.jpg

hidden-images-brain-art.jpg

Originally Posted by Wr

i did.  enlighten me.
are you an athiest? Do you disregard the human soul and the holy spirit? if so, there really is no point in further going into this point. I think of homosexuality of a spiritual matter rather than an issue for politics to decide the fate of. that leads into the whole separation of church and state issue and whether you are a person that believes this is a christian country vs, the truth of it being a secular institution made to hybridize all former institutions that come in and participate.

i never said i'm an atheist. you made a point and i asked about it.

you brought up ancestors, and i asked whether or not you really believe that you don't have any gay ancestors.  you didn't answer the question.

you then explained that you feel homosexuality is wrong because of spiritual reasons.  that's fine, that's your belief.  this being a discussion on homosexuality and civil rights (ultimately leading to another discussion on gay marriage and equal rights etc) i asked if you then justify the political oppression of gays solely by your spiritual/religious beliefs.  no need for me to point out spiritual/religious reasons were the same excuses used by the churches and countless regimes to justify the oppression of blacks throughout the fifteenth-twentieth centuries.  i'm sure you saw that was where i was going.  Factor in that the majority of Africans are not Christian by ancestry, but by colonization and forced adoption and it becomes even more interesting when baptists/catholics/christians and the like use the bible and invoke the holy spirit as justification for oppressing anyone.

but meh.  whatever.  as long as people can excuse their biases right?

and no i'm not an atheist.  not that it would change anything i said if i was.
I did answer your question. I said that level of existing beyond a physical body where ancestors reside is beyond gender. 
Colonization put on the clothes of religion in order to use people and their hearts. Religion is a tool. People use tools for the wrong reason all the time and this is another example of it.

This is not something I cooked up. The bible is all about a dual sexed being and is color coded to show that. It's at the core of the bibles beliefs and all other religions. 

You will  see many depictions of jesus as and androgynous figure in the bible cloaked in red and blue, represent to colors of the two sexes/ male and female. Red+blue equals= purple, or white for sexual purity
tumblr_lms1xqCtZV1qb59nf.jpg

jesus7.jpg

da_vinci_the_last_supper_detail_da_vinci_code.jpg

681_god-creator.jpg

Campin_VirginAndChildBeforeAFireplace.JPG

Campin_MorningTrinityThroneOfGOd.JPG

Campin_ChristBlessingTheVirginINPrayer.jpg

hidden-images-brain-art.jpg

It ain't about turning gay on or off. It's about people outside of you knowing you and judging you for it. You can't turn your skin color off and not inform someone you are gay like you can choose to or not let someone know you are gay. If your gay, I wouldn't know unless told me, had it on your shirt, or was just acting flamboyant which from my interaction with gay people is a stereotype just as bad as all rappers selling coke and being millionaires.

It ain't about turning gay on or off. It's about people outside of you knowing you and judging you for it. You can't turn your skin color off and not inform someone you are gay like you can choose to or not let someone know you are gay. If your gay, I wouldn't know unless told me, had it on your shirt, or was just acting flamboyant which from my interaction with gay people is a stereotype just as bad as all rappers selling coke and being millionaires.

Experiencing gay things like what?

Experiencing gay things like what?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Wr

[h3]The contendings of Horus and Seth[/h3]
One of the most famous displays of homosexuality in Ancient Egypt is in the battle for kingship between the Gods Horus and Set. It is told in a story known as The Contendings of Horus and Seth. In one part of this story Set invites Horus to his house, and in the evening a bed is prepared for the both of them. In a shrewd plan Horus manages to catch the semen of Set and disposes of it. He then goes to his mother who comes up with an idea to trick Set into ingesting Horus' semen by placing it in a lettuce, which was Set's favourite food. In the end, the god Thoth declares that the semen of Horus comes-forth; Set is humiliated and loses his fight for the throne.[sup][2][/sup]

[h2]Proposed homosexuality[/h2]

From the tomb of Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep.

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants and are believed by some to be the first recorded same-sex couple in history.[sup][6][/sup] The proposed homosexual nature of Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum has been commented on the popular press, and the idea seems to (partially) stem from the depictions of the two men standing nose to nose and embracing.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] Niankhkhnum's wife, depicted in a banquet scene, was almost completely erased in ancient times, and in other pictures Khnumhotep occupies the position usually designated for a wife. Their official titles were "Overseers of the Manicurists of the Palace of the King". [sup][9][/sup]

Critics argue that both men appear with their respective wives and children, suggesting the men were brothers, rather than lovers.[sup][2][/sup][sup][10][/sup]
[h2]
[/h2]Yea I can post about useless $##% and Ancient Egypt too.
Bruh, I'm not Haze
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah I just noticed you post a lot about Egyptian mythology and "spirituality". Many Ancient religions didn't view homosexuality in a negative light. Either way it should be irrelevant to this topic. Not everyone thinks that way, Nako has already expressed that.
It's just speculation that they were homosexual. But there are many other glyphs with people in that same pose but the text is connotative to a union and sharing of breath. They are archetypes.
KV+62+3.jpg

You could look at this and say the king tut is gay. Too bad it is an archetype of him embracing his higher and lower self.  all three people in the picture are the same person, 

they are archetypes and their relations. 

Originally Posted by Wr

[h3]The contendings of Horus and Seth[/h3]
One of the most famous displays of homosexuality in Ancient Egypt is in the battle for kingship between the Gods Horus and Set. It is told in a story known as The Contendings of Horus and Seth. In one part of this story Set invites Horus to his house, and in the evening a bed is prepared for the both of them. In a shrewd plan Horus manages to catch the semen of Set and disposes of it. He then goes to his mother who comes up with an idea to trick Set into ingesting Horus' semen by placing it in a lettuce, which was Set's favourite food. In the end, the god Thoth declares that the semen of Horus comes-forth; Set is humiliated and loses his fight for the throne.[sup][2][/sup]

[h2]Proposed homosexuality[/h2]

From the tomb of Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep.

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants and are believed by some to be the first recorded same-sex couple in history.[sup][6][/sup] The proposed homosexual nature of Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum has been commented on the popular press, and the idea seems to (partially) stem from the depictions of the two men standing nose to nose and embracing.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] Niankhkhnum's wife, depicted in a banquet scene, was almost completely erased in ancient times, and in other pictures Khnumhotep occupies the position usually designated for a wife. Their official titles were "Overseers of the Manicurists of the Palace of the King". [sup][9][/sup]

Critics argue that both men appear with their respective wives and children, suggesting the men were brothers, rather than lovers.[sup][2][/sup][sup][10][/sup]
[h2]
[/h2]Yea I can post about useless $##% and Ancient Egypt too.
Bruh, I'm not Haze
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah I just noticed you post a lot about Egyptian mythology and "spirituality". Many Ancient religions didn't view homosexuality in a negative light. Either way it should be irrelevant to this topic. Not everyone thinks that way, Nako has already expressed that.
It's just speculation that they were homosexual. But there are many other glyphs with people in that same pose but the text is connotative to a union and sharing of breath. They are archetypes.
KV+62+3.jpg

You could look at this and say the king tut is gay. Too bad it is an archetype of him embracing his higher and lower self.  all three people in the picture are the same person, 

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

Bruh, I'm not Haze
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KV+62+3.jpg

Yea ok, or they could actually have been gay. How do u explain the God swallowing semen, or whatever the hell they were doing in that piece. Speaking of which I think I'm gonna embrace my lower self right now, that black women thread got me frisky.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

Bruh, I'm not Haze
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KV+62+3.jpg

Yea ok, or they could actually have been gay. How do u explain the God swallowing semen, or whatever the hell they were doing in that piece. Speaking of which I think I'm gonna embrace my lower self right now, that black women thread got me frisky.

Originally Posted by rareprecision23

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

it undermines the previous struggles
If a Jewish person came in a thread and said that about Blacks struggle, you'd be up in arms.

NT(the world) hates gays, That's the bottom line of this whole thread.
Black people hating/denying anyone of anything is deplorable.

I used to be on the side of gays have no right to speak about civil rights also, but i had a realization that hate is hate. "If I hate you, I hate you. But if I love you, I love you."
MLK aint my idol, but damn I know he'd be pissed at the way society treats homosexuals.

I pray that none of yall in this thread have gay kids or relatives. Yall gone make their lives hell.

Originally Posted by rareprecision23

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

it undermines the previous struggles
If a Jewish person came in a thread and said that about Blacks struggle, you'd be up in arms.

NT(the world) hates gays, That's the bottom line of this whole thread.
Black people hating/denying anyone of anything is deplorable.

I used to be on the side of gays have no right to speak about civil rights also, but i had a realization that hate is hate. "If I hate you, I hate you. But if I love you, I love you."
MLK aint my idol, but damn I know he'd be pissed at the way society treats homosexuals.

I pray that none of yall in this thread have gay kids or relatives. Yall gone make their lives hell.

Back
Top Bottom