My heart goes out to his mom's for caring...

Originally Posted by beh235

I agree. I think it shows that she does care. We don't know what has taken place to get to this point. HOWEVER, up until now it was her responsibility to lay a foundation for him to at least to finish HS. Why is this boy 15 and in middle school? Moms got some explaining to do on that front.

She said they have offered James help, asked to see his homework, grounded him, lectured him and taken away his cell phone — all to no avail.

"He'd tell us, 'That school doesn't give homework' or 'That teacher has a problem with me,' " Mond Jr. said.

It seems like she has tried every method other than beating him which she said she was against later in the article.
-------
Those are the fall backs of EVERY student: "the teacher has a problem with me", "they didn't give us homework today" ,
etc. It truly is amusing that we forget our parents were once kids and said the same $%%#.

And just to further the point I think it takes more effort to fail. If you're just not bright but try you will pull average/less than average grades.
You have to truly not try, to fail and get a 1.22. This dude failed PE.  All credibility is shot.

And lastly,
She has six kids, all in school. The others get good grades, she said. Who's to say her idea won't work?

Good for the mother. Parents have to be firm. The child's future is way more important than being liked. 

I don't see how you can argue that she doesn't care.

She said they have offered James help, asked to see his homework, grounded him, lectured him and taken away his cell phone — all to no avail.

"He'd tell us, 'That school doesn't give homework' or 'That teacher has a problem with me,' " Mond Jr. said.

It seems like she has tried every method other than beating him which she said she was against later in the article.
-------
Those are the fall backs of EVERY student: "the teacher has a problem with me", "they didn't give us homework today" ,
etc. It truly is amusing that we forget our parents were once kids and said the same $%%#.

And just to further the point I think it takes more effort to fail. If you're just not bright but try you will pull average/less than average grades.
You have to truly not try, to fail and get a 1.22. This dude failed PE.  All credibility is shot.

And lastly,
She has six kids, all in school. The others get good grades, she said. Who's to say her idea won't work?

Good for the mother. Parents have to be firm. The child's future is way more important than being liked. 

I don't see how you can argue that she doesn't care.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

-------

- but at the same time why is she even asking HIM if he has homework if he has such a bad track record? "that school doesnt give homework"....an obvious lie. ive seen parents just like her play dumb listening to the kid until something real happens......

- her saying he told her "that school doesnt have homework" and her not then talking directly to the teachers is just as silly as him trying to use it as an excuse.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

-------

- but at the same time why is she even asking HIM if he has homework if he has such a bad track record? "that school doesnt give homework"....an obvious lie. ive seen parents just like her play dumb listening to the kid until something real happens......

- her saying he told her "that school doesnt have homework" and her not then talking directly to the teachers is just as silly as him trying to use it as an excuse.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

ya'll don't know what discipline steps she has already taken prior to this though.

probably as ineffective as this one she cooked up.

ya'll don't know what discipline steps she has already taken prior to this though.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

But the other kids are in school, working for their good grades. How do 6 get it and the 7th don't?

If we just followed the numbers, it's clear the problem falls on the son, not the mother. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

But the other kids are in school, working for their good grades. How do 6 get it and the 7th don't?

If we just followed the numbers, it's clear the problem falls on the son, not the mother. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Back
Top Bottom