My island folk...do you feel disrespected by golden krust?

place is gotdamn trash.

Just spent 21 dollars on a large oxtail, cabbage, plantains, and veggie patty.

My god.

I watched a mini doc on the NYC culture of the beef patty and GK was basically advertised as a saleout...

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Was it good tho.

Usually if they have oxtail the good is straight.

21 dollars tho lol.

Man how do you screw up oxtails?

It's like screwing up shrimp or wings...how does that happen?

Veggie patty is ok...

place is gotdamn trash.

Just spent 21 dollars on a large oxtail, cabbage, plantains, and veggie patty.

My god.

I watched a mini doc and the NYC culture of the beef patty and GK was basically advertised at a saleout...

Your thoughts?

West indian food in general is expensive as **** up here. That's why I only get it from fam and the island. 21 dollars :smh:

its just an american chain version of their food.

Just like those american chinese food places where half the menu only exist in america

West indian food in general is expensive as **** up here. That's why I only get it from fam and the island. 21 dollars :smh:

Never seen oxtail for that much.

Used to work in the meat dept of a grocery store in highschool. All the Jamaican ladies would rush in early and swoop all the oxtail :lol:

Man I always wanted to ask the Caribbean cats in here, why in world would you put a beef patty in between two slices of cocoa bread?

That's a lot of bread (flour etc..) can you even eat it without a drink?

No hate, I'm sure it's bomb since y'all swear by it.

As an islander from a smaller island, I generally view it as.....

Trini spots > Jamaican spots

Not to knock Jamaican food, which is delicious, but the Trinis are on another level. Though I will throw hands with a toddler for some good jerked chicken.

But they, West Indian restaurants be too expensive. Da **** you mean $12 for a roti :smh::sick:

Im not caribbean but that **** is crack. Need a pineapple soda or a peanut punch to wash it down after

Not to knock Jamaican food, which is delicious, but the Trinis are on another level.

But they, West Indian restaurants be too expensive. Da **** you mean $12 for a roti :smh::sick:

Doubles and pholourie :pimp:

Theres this mom and pop jamaican spot near me. I never go anywherr else for jerk chicken or patties

Golden Krust is terrible. As a Jamaican person I'll never go there. Most things I want I know how to cook and for the things that I don't have the time and patience for I know where to go buy them and it's NOT Golden Krust.

Man I always wanted to ask the Caribbean cats in here, why in world would you put a beef patty in between two slices of cocoa bread?

It tastes nice :lol: Wash it down with some Ting or Kola Champagne and you've had yourself a nice snack :pimp:

Not to knock Jamaican food, which is delicious, but the Trinis are on another level.

My mom stays slandering Jamaican chefs :lol: Always says they cant cook, they just throw spice on everything and pat themselves on the back :rofl:
$12 for a roti tho :lol: Man I'd call the Health Department and tell em I seent roaches in their kitchen :lol:

The problem I have with West Indian spots, especially Jamaican spots, is that too many struggle cooks start restaurants. Giving newcomers bad experiences

The difference between good West Indian or Jamaican food and bad West Indian or Jamaican food is massive. So once you find a good one, you should probably just stick to that one.

No. It's not great food but that's no reason to feel disrespected. Whenever non-West Indians ask for recommendations I send them to the whole in the wall joints.

It is a lot of bread. I eat it at least once a weekend though after I hoop.

Sometimes with the cheese... FAM

Damn $21? I get the heavy plate with curry chicken, rice peas, salad, and plantains for $10. Coca bread and beef patties for $5.

Back
Top Bottom