My island folk...do you feel disrespected by golden krust?

^^I've been to a number of those spots in Inglewood and was less than impressed. Any specific spots you recommend?

^^I've been to a number of those spots in Inglewood and was less than impressed. Any specific spots you recommend?

I haven't tried them all. I just know they are there. The spot I go to is called called Little Belize on market street.

Never tried Golden Krust, I've always meant to but always end up changing my mind. Seems my island instincts knew better :lol:

Cool little generic bar spot. Wouldn't consider it legit Caribbean though, it's a typical big bar/eats American eats type of establishment with a Caribbean theme. It's like Mike's American Grill with red stripe.

The best jamaican spot around my way is in the trenches...cash only , no AC, the phone number works only half the time n it be closed on random days without notice :lol:

But got damn the food there is undeniable, so delicious ...I post up outside on the block with everybody else waiting on my jerk chicken platter :pimp:

When you go up in a Jamaican spot and you see somebody grandmother posted up behind the register or lurking in the background in the kitchen, ....you know it's bout to go down.

Like people have said before, GK actually used to be good...since they have expanded the menu and pushed franchising they have gone down. Also look at the rents these places are paying, they have to overcharge to turn a profit.

I'm Trini and I've been living in Flatbush since '98...best Jerk Chicken in BK has always been Peppas. I remember back in the day at their old location---it was a fish market during the day, then at night was a jerk chicken spot. You could stand in line for 20 mins, purchase the latest Stone Love cd, compare guns and gold teeth with rude bwoys around then walk out with piping hot jerk chicken and festival. Their current location, though still very much a hole in the wall, is a major step up

For the person that asked why put a patty between bread---more fulling. This is food coming out of a poor Caribbean island where people used to work the land. Need something cheap and filling.

and yes Trini food >
Jen's is decent but most of the best Trini places are in Queens.

When you have jerkys in ocho rio, nothing comes close.

Them dingy off the road food spots in Spanish town are heavenly.

Never had golden Krust and wouldn't dare disprepaect my yardi' seating that crap.

Had some patties in Ft Lauderdale this past winter and they were great. Can't remember the name now. Everybody was recommending it when I got down there. Even brought a dozen back home with me.

When you have jerkys in ocho rio, nothing comes close.

Them dingy off the road food spots in Spanish town are heavenly.

Never had golden Krust and wouldn't dare disprepaect my yardi' seating that crap.

Yeah I usually hit scotchies or some other jerk spot in Ochie if I land on that side of the island. Jerk is almost orgasmic. Props for knowing the gems in Spanish Town too. Just a little hut with a low makeshift gril with zinc and blocks but the jerk is crazy.
Love love love the jerk shrimp and habanero wings...lemonade with the sugar cane in it. Gotdamn.

Friday's night are where all the fine black women kick...place is a goldmine for comeup.

Sure is, Saturday too.

What I find funny bout authentic Jamaican spots, they never have half they menu available:

" No boss. Sorry. Wi no av nun rightcha no. Com check wi tumarrow."

:lol: thats so true but thats cuz the food so bless mans come clean everything out.

Theres a spot up here called Mainshas. They got 2 locations, one in the West end (OG location) and 1 in the east. They have a $2 special on tuesdays...lines be looooooooong af. You have to go mad early. F around and show up in the afternoon you be lucky to even get a 1 piece of fried chicken. Jerk? Ha ya right, been done off.

Where's the Atlanta heads at? Had to hit Foxx today. Jerk chicken, rice and peas, yams, brown stew chicken, beef patty, chicken patty. All amazing.

I haven't been to Ocho but been to Negril twice. 3 Dives is a dope spot there. I actually think the chicken I had at Sunset at the Palms was the best I've ever had though.

Back
Top Bottom