My island folk...do you feel disrespected by golden krust?

Oxtail is expensive in general. I seen it for $16 a pound, so not really surprising restaurants are selling it for so much, but $21 is way too much. Golden Crust food is water down Jamaican food. I only go there when have no choice. Hell, many of them don't even have Jamaican people cooking in there. Some of the people in there come from other countries within the Caribbean. SMH cats in here popping shots at Jamaican restaurants. Some of y'all cant cook neither. Had Curry goat from a Trini gyal and that joint was sweet like she through sugar in there. A next one cooked curry chicken and putter carrots in there. CARROTS B ! SMH.

Their patties are decent but really put it in the same category as McDs. Use to go to school with the Hawthorne's who own it. There are a lot of bad Jamaican spots out there perpetuating, gotta find the right one. I should open one for the culture. I've made chicks fall in love with me off potlucks, seen some serious jealousy pop up.

When people put carrots in Curry chicken. :sick:

Legit my favourite food on earth, when I try a new Jamaican place I get the Curry chicken first and largly base my opinion of the place off it.

Oxtail is expensive in general. I seen it for $16 a pound, so not really surprising restaurants are selling it for so much, but $21 is way too much. Golden Crust food is water down Jamaican food. I only go there when have no choice. Hell, many of them don't even have Jamaican people cooking in there. Some of the people in there come from other countries within the Caribbean. SMH cats in here popping shots at Jamaican restaurants. Some of y'all cant cook neither. Had Curry goat from a Trini gyal and that joint was sweet like she through sugar in there. A next one cooked curry chicken and putter carrots in there. CARROTS B ! SMH.

Yeah there's bad spots of all cultures, they go wrong by thinking they're catering to an American audience and water down and underspice the food, not realizing most people want the real deal.

I love living in cali because we have so many great restaurants of different cuisines but we;'re definitely not strong on Jamaican and West Indian food, hard to find a good beef patty, NYC and Miami are definitely better. I heard Toronto is where its really at though

I've made chicks fall in love with me off potlucks, seen some serious jealousy pop up.
Facts. This jawn I knew had a man who's parents from Jamaica. She was telling me she had the food blah blah a blah and was saying it's "okay". Gave that jawn some of my lunch that I made and she went from half acting like she wasn't interested to straight up disregarding that she had a man and talking bout when I'm gonna invite her over for dinner and asking what I'm doing after work

I'll take anything decent out here in LA. Haven't found a good Caribbean spot in the 4 years I've been here.

y'all got jokes in here :lol:... but yeah, Golden Krust is trash

only people who dont know better think its the truth

I've never gone to a location but bought their frozen beef patties before and they were dry as hell and bad.

BJs actually has a decent frozen beef patty. Just can't remember what they called them.

****** still eating Golden Krust? Oh no, we're better than that family. :sick:

Beef patty with coco bread is GOAT. :pimp:

*****s still eating Golden Krust? Oh no, we're better than that family. :sick:

Beef patty with coco bread is GOAT. :pimp:

Yo when you come up here you needa hit up Allans for a patty and cocobread. Chinese jamaicans they make it from scratch none of that frozen BS.

As a Jamaican, Golden Krust was popping when it first started, but after the 90's as they expanded it turned into a poor quality food experience. Prolly for efficiency and profitably, they compromised ingredients and portions.

Best Jamaican spot in Queens,
Jalan Delicious Foods on 169th and Jamaica Ave (across from the gym)

I'm still willing to grab a patty and some coco bread there, but I'm not looking for any real meals at a Golden Krust at all :lol:

You were a wild boy for buying that oxtail.

Facts. This jawn I knew had a man who's parents from Jamaica. She was telling me she had the food blah blah a blah and was saying it's "okay". Gave that jawn some of my lunch that I made and she went from half acting like she wasn't interested to straight up disregarding that she had a man and talking bout when I'm gonna invite her over for dinner and asking what I'm doing after work

:lol: No lie this is how it goes. Straight up cutting into a convo with another chick about the recipe standing in between my legs blocking. **** is eerie.

As a Jamaican, Golden Krust was popping when it first started, but after the 90's as they expanded it turned into a poor quality food experience. Prolly for efficiency and profitably, they compromised ingredients and portions.

Best Jamaican spot in Queens,
Jalan Delicious Foods on 169th and Jamaica Ave (across from the gym)

Yeah they actually weren't bad when it was like only 4 spots in nyc. That corporate machine ruins quality.

Yeah, they closed down. I was gonna swing by there a few years ago only to hear that they closed down. They have some other spot (can't remember the name or where exactly it's located) in Queens who claims to have one of the original Chefs from there. I had the food and it was okay.

Edit: The restaurant is Henrica's on Francis Lewis Boulevard.

I love living in cali because we have so many great restaurants of different cuisines but we;'re definitely not strong on Jamaican and West Indian food, hard to find a good beef patty, NYC and Miami are definitely better. I heard Toronto is where its really at though

Where I'm at there's plenty of Caribbean places. And I live in Inglewood.

Back
Top Bottom