My Michael Jordan Game Worn Player Exclusive Collection 1985-1998

I mean, obviously you can't put a price on something like this... but that's literally somewhere in the neighborhood of AT LEAST $30,000-$55,000 right there (not "worth"... I mean, you could get that much for the stuff if you sold it right now). Some of those are probably worth $10,000+ to the right person (maybe more, I mean... the market for this kind of stuff is hard to guess because you just don't see this).  I mean, if they've all got COA's/LOA's... you're looking at around $2,000-$3,000 each minimum for the "more common" pairs.

Game worn, UDA signed, Last Shot 14's? He wore those for what, a handful of games in the NBA Finals of 1998? So there's maybe 3-5 pairs of those in the world (the others are presumably in MJ's closet)... and you're looking at one of them.

Of course, finding the stuff would be the hard part... unless you just got lucky and ran into someone who was just completely getting out of the game. Other than that though... you're probably not prying that kind of heat away without major money. So, you'd have to have connections to obtain them (locker room, team personnel, etc.).

I guess getting them signed would be the "easy" part... just happen to get lucky and run into MJ at one of his rare UDA events where he signs a bunch of stuff for people (or maybe his Flight Camp or something).

Yeah, I don't think people fully understand what you're looking at right there. Just a few more pairs (6's, 7's, and 8's... plus the 17's and 18's if you want) to complete the whole thing in a sense I guess... nothing else to say really, that is more amazing than most will ever know. Much respect.

I mean, obviously you can't put a price on something like this... but that's literally somewhere in the neighborhood of AT LEAST $30,000-$55,000 right there (not "worth"... I mean, you could get that much for the stuff if you sold it right now). Some of those are probably worth $10,000+ to the right person (maybe more, I mean... the market for this kind of stuff is hard to guess because you just don't see this).  I mean, if they've all got COA's/LOA's... you're looking at around $2,000-$3,000 each minimum for the "more common" pairs.

Game worn, UDA signed, Last Shot 14's? He wore those for what, a handful of games in the NBA Finals of 1998? So there's maybe 3-5 pairs of those in the world (the others are presumably in MJ's closet)... and you're looking at one of them.

Of course, finding the stuff would be the hard part... unless you just got lucky and ran into someone who was just completely getting out of the game. Other than that though... you're probably not prying that kind of heat away without major money. So, you'd have to have connections to obtain them (locker room, team personnel, etc.).

I guess getting them signed would be the "easy" part... just happen to get lucky and run into MJ at one of his rare UDA events where he signs a bunch of stuff for people (or maybe his Flight Camp or something).

Yeah, I don't think people fully understand what you're looking at right there. Just a few more pairs (6's, 7's, and 8's... plus the 17's and 18's if you want) to complete the whole thing in a sense I guess... nothing else to say really, that is more amazing than most will ever know. Much respect.

Best collection and picture on NT in my opinion, absolutely amazing. Those 45 spacejams ...smokin

need a towel for the drool

Best collection and picture on NT in my opinion, absolutely amazing. Those 45 spacejams ...smokin

need a towel for the drool

Havent posted on niketalk in almost a year, but this is a true collection!!!
pimp.gif

(and you dont see that often here on niketalk, except the footlockers collecions)

Havent posted on niketalk in almost a year, but this is a true collection!!!
pimp.gif

(and you dont see that often here on niketalk, except the footlockers collecions)

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

If those Last Shot 14's could be authenticated - and we're talking hi-res reference photos, UDA authentication, the full story behind how they were obtained, and if all of those methods could be verified and everything checked out 100% (yeah, we're talking no stone unturned), then there would be MANY people who would shell out 5 figures for them.

The crucial thing about a collection like this is that the backstory has to be absolutely flawless, that's the biggest key. I'm not implying it isn't/wouldn't be but from the vantage point of someone who has dealt with and represented many high end collections and clients for both buyers and sellers of all types of collectibles, the difference between a collection like this being worth $50,000 and $25,000 is "Yes, I have all the information on how I obtained them and here is the documentation" or "I got it from a guy/It's none of your business how I got them." That's where the value truly lies.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

If those Last Shot 14's could be authenticated - and we're talking hi-res reference photos, UDA authentication, the full story behind how they were obtained, and if all of those methods could be verified and everything checked out 100% (yeah, we're talking no stone unturned), then there would be MANY people who would shell out 5 figures for them.

The crucial thing about a collection like this is that the backstory has to be absolutely flawless, that's the biggest key. I'm not implying it isn't/wouldn't be but from the vantage point of someone who has dealt with and represented many high end collections and clients for both buyers and sellers of all types of collectibles, the difference between a collection like this being worth $50,000 and $25,000 is "Yes, I have all the information on how I obtained them and here is the documentation" or "I got it from a guy/It's none of your business how I got them." That's where the value truly lies.

Nice to see you from time to time Kapepper, thank you for the comments.

- on a side not all my shoes have a story, 90% of my shoes have a Charitibulls, UDA or PSA COA and or LOA, some even have Nike LOA's. 100% of them are sample tagged or coded according to what Mike wore and previous examples. Pictured here is only about 70% of my gamers and none of my uniforms or jerseys (I only picked one from each year). So to answer the question of documentation, yes I have plenty!

Thanks.
Mike.

- on a side not all my shoes have a story, 90% of my shoes have a Charitibulls, UDA or PSA COA and or LOA, some even have Nike LOA's. 100% of them are sample tagged or coded according to what Mike wore and previous examples. Pictured here is only about 70% of my gamers and none of my uniforms or jerseys (I only picked one from each year). So to answer the question of documentation, yes I have plenty!

Thanks.
Mike.

Originally Posted by mrmar23

Thanks.
Mike.
To me, the cleats are the toughest to peg, just so many variables in play with those, but the sneakers are clearly the gems. I've always liked the Charitibulls stuff and they're probably my favorite source for MJ stuff - everything is clean, well documented, just very easy to verify and work with.

Obviously very nice stuff and definitely nice to see in one place. This is what a true player in the game looks like, and there's no DS retros to be seen
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mrmar23

Thanks.
Mike.
To me, the cleats are the toughest to peg, just so many variables in play with those, but the sneakers are clearly the gems. I've always liked the Charitibulls stuff and they're probably my favorite source for MJ stuff - everything is clean, well documented, just very easy to verify and work with.

Obviously very nice stuff and definitely nice to see in one place. This is what a true player in the game looks like, and there's no DS retros to be seen
wink.gif

Sir, thank you very much for sharing a "masterpiece" with us, I am most certain I will never run across anything close to this collection in this life, it is simply stunning...
To the best of my knowledge, those "45" pre-space jams (I am going to phrase it as "pre", since it was manufactured prior to Space Jams shooting) XI sample pair is said to be one of one,
which was handed to MJ during the '95 playoffs as a look-see sample pair for '95-96 season, but he loved it so much he decided to
rock them on at the Bulls home game against Orlando Magic for a game, not listening to NIKE rep's warning that they may fall apart.
I am sure some of the shoes on display have certain meanings to MJ himself.
I am also certain it has taken more than a "lot of work and countless hours" to put together, this is not something you can describe in one sentence,
I really admire your affection, effort put forth and respect you have to the man.
As a true fan of MJ, thank you very much once again for sharing your treasure with us.

Sir, thank you very much for sharing a "masterpiece" with us, I am most certain I will never run across anything close to this collection in this life, it is simply stunning...
To the best of my knowledge, those "45" pre-space jams (I am going to phrase it as "pre", since it was manufactured prior to Space Jams shooting) XI sample pair is said to be one of one,
which was handed to MJ during the '95 playoffs as a look-see sample pair for '95-96 season, but he loved it so much he decided to
rock them on at the Bulls home game against Orlando Magic for a game, not listening to NIKE rep's warning that they may fall apart.
I am sure some of the shoes on display have certain meanings to MJ himself.
I am also certain it has taken more than a "lot of work and countless hours" to put together, this is not something you can describe in one sentence,
I really admire your affection, effort put forth and respect you have to the man.
As a true fan of MJ, thank you very much once again for sharing your treasure with us.

^^ Thank you for the comments A2J3. You are right in regards to the XI being more of a weartest sample to test the materials. So were the Concord XI's with the 45 from that series. Both had a different less pliable patent that was letter changed for production. Also both had more of a blue tint to the soles and a different shaped front. And of course the sewed in numbers on the back instead of etched on. My pair came directly from Nick Anderson, Michael handed him these after the game and signed them for him. If i had to guess my pair was worn for 2 games because it looks like there is more then 1 game in them.

On a side note. I recently had a chance to meet Ahmad Rashad, who actually owns the 45 Concord XI from that same series. i never knew that he lived in Ardsley NY, and is an aquantince of good friend. We had a nice conversation and he was telling me about the night Mike wore the space jams for the first time and how Mike handed him the concord pair that same night and he instantly put them on his feet like a little kid!
Hopefully i can pry that pair from his hands one day!

Back
Top Bottom