My youngest got shot in the hand.... livid

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Talk about horrible parenting skills, who takes 10 yo's to shooting ranges or even fire guns around them....I'm surprised she wasn't reported by the hospital and child services didnt come and snatched the kids from her...for your kids safety, get custody.

Actually, Id assume all of this is going on now. she would have to be reported since hospitals have to notify police of gunshot victims, then child services would have to be called.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Talk about horrible parenting skills, who takes 10 yo's to shooting ranges or even fire guns around them....I'm surprised she wasn't reported by the hospital and child services didnt come and snatched the kids from her...for your kids safety, get custody.

Actually, Id assume all of this is going on now. she would have to be reported since hospitals have to notify police of gunshot victims, then child services would have to be called.

no range they were outside supposedly just watching him shoot then he steeped inside and told them not to mess with the gun. her mom called and said that someone reported her. i asked my lawyer and he said it is a good chance.. but last we went to court and lost and she was in several violations... including having a man living with you not married in govt. housing, working and not reporting correct wages, welfare fraud etc... but the judge said since she has been living in the household for so long and have multiple siblings in the home etc... its best she stays in the home. He did however fine her. And we do have a court date comming up for modified custody, plus im reporting she has another guy living there again and she hasnt worked in 28 months.

Coming from a fellow parent, i would get custody ASAP. i would not risk it again. The uncle should get in trouble for leaving the kids unattended with a loaded firearm.

not to start anything but you sound so calm about this, i woulda

10g9oc8.gif

That's reckless. How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking? I don't even see how you could leave your niece unattended in the presence of a fire arm. What was he doing that more important?

The guy couldnt at least bring the gun in with him? "oh dont touch the gun" youre gonna tell that to a kid? Seriously man?

OP I'm sorry that it happened, and I hope you get full custody.

Like how did the convo go when the called and told u? Like when my kids go visit they mom when they fall and scrap they knee and. One. Ack with a scab I'm heated lol. I swear idk what I would do if something like that happened to my son or daughter. I'm glad she's ok though just keep trying its amazing how much stuff women get away with during custody battles and how much the system favors them

Originally Posted by LDJ

no range they were outside supposedly just watching him shoot then he steeped inside and told them not to mess with the gun. her mom called and said that someone reported her. i asked my lawyer and he said it is a good chance.. but last we went to court and lost and she was in several violations... including having a man living with you not married in govt. housing, working and not reporting correct wages, welfare fraud etc... but the judge said since she has been living in the household for so long and have multiple siblings in the home etc... its best she stays in the home. He did however fine her. And we do have a court date comming up for modified custody, plus im reporting she has another guy living there again and she hasnt worked in 28 months.

but this is different. A deadly weapon was left in the presence of a child and it caused bodily harm. Plus you have all the other stuff, so idk what jufge would weigh keeping siblings together over a child getting shot.

Sorry to hear this story, im assuming there is going to be a investigation with child protective services. Hopefully everything goes well and they dont try to take the child from both parents...........

how old is she OP, either way though that's criminal, could have been way worse, all the best with that though

how is OP off the hook and the moms at fault tho...

he left the child in her watch...

she left the child in the uncles watch....

ultimately the uncle is the idiot at fault... not so much the parents

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

how is OP off the hook and the moms at fault tho...

he left the child in her watch...

she left the child in the uncles watch....

ultimately the uncle is the idiot at fault... not so much the parents
If I read it correctly....

OP didn't leave her in her watch. The Ex has primary custody.

Also the mom is completely at fault for allowing the child to even be in an environment with an irresponsible adult and firearms. Especially after OP told her not to.

I know accidents happen, but I believe the uncle should be facing negligence charges.

I thought LDJ didn't mind violence against women tho? Then a week later he comes in her with a Plaxico story.  I don't believe in Karma but....

Originally Posted by MonStar1

I thought LDJ didn't mind violence against women tho? Then a week later he comes in her with a Plaxico story.  I don't believe in Karma but....

Was kind of thinking the same thing actually.

What his daughter getting shot have to do with that tho?

Ya'll dudes are something else...

Originally Posted by LDJ

Your BM sounds like aint ##!, sorry you got mixed up with a crazy one 
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom