Name that late 90's basketball shoe...vol. I finally get to play!

I had a discussion with some friends about shoes we wore back in the day and I was trying to remember a pair of shoes I wore in a big game. Here are the best details I can provide.

Timeframe: Between 97-99, possibly out around the time of the pippen II's.

Player: It was a basketball shoe that several nike NBA players wore, but there was no particular sig or logo on it. I remember seeing Juwan Howard playing in them or him advertised as wearing them in eastbay.

Look:

The shoe had a leather upper and its distintive feature was a silver swoosh with silver dots that spilled forward like pebbles.

similar to this shoe

nike-zoom-brave-3-1.jpg

Imagine the circular pod in the midsole there being silver with several small silver spots going forward in a descending design. The rest of the shoe was black.

I know this is a hard one, but I will paypal $1 american USD to the person who brings me pictures or the name of this shoe!

I had a discussion with some friends about shoes we wore back in the day and I was trying to remember a pair of shoes I wore in a big game. Here are the best details I can provide.

Timeframe: Between 97-99, possibly out around the time of the pippen II's.

Player: It was a basketball shoe that several nike NBA players wore, but there was no particular sig or logo on it. I remember seeing Juwan Howard playing in them or him advertised as wearing them in eastbay.

Look:

The shoe had a leather upper and its distintive feature was a silver swoosh with silver dots that spilled forward like pebbles.

similar to this shoe

nike-zoom-brave-3-1.jpg

Imagine the circular pod in the midsole there being silver with several small silver spots going forward in a descending design. The rest of the shoe was black.

I know this is a hard one, but I will paypal $1 american USD to the person who brings me pictures or the name of this shoe!

1. I love your SN

2. What's your paypal...PM Me.

3. Winner Winner...Chicken Nugget Dinner.

1. I love your SN

2. What's your paypal...PM Me.

3. Winner Winner...Chicken Nugget Dinner.

I'm surprised I had such great taste in picking a shoe with air in the heel and zoom in the front. I had a great game in them, but now I'm trying to find info on the history of the shoe. Trying to remember if any pro's wore/endorsed them. Seems there's not a lot of info on them around the net aside from the fact they were one of the first to have they hybrid cushioning setup up. MZ = Max air + Zoom.

I'm surprised I had such great taste in picking a shoe with air in the heel and zoom in the front. I had a great game in them, but now I'm trying to find info on the history of the shoe. Trying to remember if any pro's wore/endorsed them. Seems there's not a lot of info on them around the net aside from the fact they were one of the first to have they hybrid cushioning setup up. MZ = Max air + Zoom.

A bunch of pro's played in the black/reds and white/blues, though they weren't specifics signature shoe. I remember the ad you are referring to with Juwan Howard; it said something like "Juwan got game and degree" and had a picture of the shoes.

A bunch of pro's played in the black/reds and white/blues, though they weren't specifics signature shoe. I remember the ad you are referring to with Juwan Howard; it said something like "Juwan got game and degree" and had a picture of the shoes.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I still see small sizes on these at a mom and pop stores.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I still see small sizes on these at a mom and pop stores.

Back
Top Bottom