Nas can't win. Vol. Shawn Knowles won.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

You sound like a female.
What kid costs 400k to raise?

Out of those monthly payments, the kid will use up only a small fraction of that in necessities, the rest will probably go to the next dude to lay the pipe on Kelis.  
and you sound ignorant...a kid cost way more than 400k to raise and that is not just over the course of the lifetime. you aren't taking into account the hours spent raising, discipling, etc. Besides its like I mentioned above divorce is costly and in order for the financially weaker partner to be well off they need support from the responsible party. In effect it is basically supporting a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when the parents were together. Why should one partner be well off while another is struggling?

Get outta here. I dont care what you tell me. No kid costs 400k a month.
Your theory may sound very ideal, but youre a fool if you think this is reality.

The law goes to such an extreme to balance off both parties that the person that was once the bread winner and was financially stable, now finds themselves working just to make monthly payments to the wife. Or better yet, they lose everything they ever worked for.
Look no further than Hulk Hogan for an example of this. He lost everything he ever worked for. Sorry sir, I dont see the little balancing effect youre trying to show us.

Again, while your the law may sound swell in theory, youre kidding yourself if you believe its how it plays out in reality.

Basically. Kelis is already pretty well off herself with the money she's made during her career. With the split of the money, Kelis will have her prior earnings plus whatever she's receiving from Nas. Meanwhile Nas is left with whatever he pulls in and that's it. You say that in effect it's to support a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when they were together, but the ex-wife will end up with same while the husband ends up with less or nothing at all. There's a problem there, that's what everyone is mad about.

So if I understand this correctly both Diego and Stylishstef are accountants that know exactly how much money both Kelis and Nas do and do not have, right? My only other question is do either of yall have kids? If not than neither of you know how much goes into raising a kid...I mean how can you sit there and tell a kid oh yeah I can't afford to give you all these nice things that your dad has. Point is it is a dirtbag move to be living a lavish lifestyle while only paying a pittance for your children. Oh and Im well aware of the fact that the justice system is in favor of women, but trust me if you were a woman and had to raise a kid all by yourself you wouldn't see it that way.

You sound like a female.

Out of those monthly payments, the kid will use up only a small fraction of that in necessities, the rest will probably go to the next dude to lay the pipe on Kelis.  
and you sound ignorant...a kid cost way more than 400k to raise and that is not just over the course of the lifetime. you aren't taking into account the hours spent raising, discipling, etc. Besides its like I mentioned above divorce is costly and in order for the financially weaker partner to be well off they need support from the responsible party. In effect it is basically supporting a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when the parents were together. Why should one partner be well off while another is struggling?

Your theory may sound very ideal, but youre a fool if you think this is reality.

The law goes to such an extreme to balance off both parties that the person that was once the bread winner and was financially stable, now finds themselves working just to make monthly payments to the wife. Or better yet, they lose everything they ever worked for.
Look no further than Hulk Hogan for an example of this. He lost everything he ever worked for. Sorry sir, I dont see the little balancing effect youre trying to show us.

Again, while your the law may sound swell in theory, youre kidding yourself if you believe its how it plays out in reality.

Basically. Kelis is already pretty well off herself with the money she's made during her career. With the split of the money, Kelis will have her prior earnings plus whatever she's receiving from Nas. Meanwhile Nas is left with whatever he pulls in and that's it. You say that in effect it's to support a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when they were together, but the ex-wife will end up with same while the husband ends up with less or nothing at all. There's a problem there, that's what everyone is mad about.

So if I understand this correctly both Diego and Stylishstef are accountants that know exactly how much money both Kelis and Nas do and do not have, right? My only other question is do either of yall have kids? If not than neither of you know how much goes into raising a kid...I mean how can you sit there and tell a kid oh yeah I can't afford to give you all these nice things that your dad has. Point is it is a dirtbag move to be living a lavish lifestyle while only paying a pittance for your children. Oh and Im well aware of the fact that the justice system is in favor of women, but trust me if you were a woman and had to raise a kid all by yourself you wouldn't see it that way.

I was raised by a woman homie, so you aint tellin me @$+$.

Big difference between necessities and plain ol stupid spending. What nice things could this possibly need with 400k? You could give 200K in payments and thats still more than enough for this kid to live a good life.

People like you are the reason why America is in debt. Lookin at lavish spending like its a necessity.

You sound like a female.

My dude. They financial statements have come out.
Kelis is making like 13k a month and it was said that Nas was making 150k a month. Now she claims that he has madd savings too. Regardless of what were saying Nas has not spoke on the issue yet.
But demanding 51k a month when your man is in the hole to Uncle Sam for 6 million is messed up.

[Jay-Z]Is it Black Girl Lost WON or you owe shorty for ice?[/Jay-Z]
smh.gif

On the radio, they say me and you a item
Nas fall in love with %%%* me I just like 'em ~ 50 Cent "Just a Touch"

Big difference between necessities and plain ol stupid spending. What nice things could this possibly need with 400k? You could give 200K in payments and thats still more than enough for this kid to live a good life.

People like you are the reason why America is in debt. Lookin at lavish spending like its a necessity.

I'm glad your mom was able to raise you by herself and give you all the things you needed. But no matter how much you saw you will never know the full extent of her pain. Women are good at keeping all that stuff in side and you don't know exactly how hard it is to raise a kid on your own. Besides no matter how well off you were I gaurantee you could have been better.

And no you fail because ppl who spend lavishly are not the reason the U.S. is in debt. In fact last time I checked the reason the economy isn't moving is because nobody is spending. The economy is the way it is because big banks approved ppl for loans knowing they couldn't afford them. That doesn't neccessarily mean lavish spending because a majority of those loans were for things like a home. I mean who doesn't want to have a home? I didn't realize that was something lavish..

Now when you say 400k do you mean the 300k he owes in back spousal support plus the 155k he owes her in legal fees?

Originally Posted by cgutta

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Nas took an L on this one.
smh.gif

L is an understatement.................................
smh.gif

Sorry man, my mind is impaired at 11:44 pm (EST) as of right now. 
smh.gif

So, I have no idea what you mean.

I'm glad your mom was able to raise you by herself and give you all the things you needed. But no matter how much you saw you will never know the full extent of her pain. Women are good at keeping all that stuff in side and you don't know exactly how hard it is to raise a kid on your own. Besides no matter how well off you were I gaurantee you could have been better.

And no you fail because ppl who spend lavishly are not the reason the U.S. is in debt. In fact last time I checked the reason the economy isn't moving is because nobody is spending. The economy is the way it is because big banks approved ppl for loans knowing they couldn't afford them. That doesn't neccessarily mean lavish spending because a majority of those loans were for things like a home. I mean who doesn't want to have a home? I didn't realize that was something lavish..

Now when you say 400k do you mean the 300k he owes in back spousal support plus the 155k he owes her in legal fees?

People are defaulting on their home loans because their houses are too expensive for their needs.

Taking out a loan that for a home that you can not afford is lavish spending.
As Americans we always want to live beyond our means. The banks gave us the credit to do this, but it all went downhill when we couldnt afford to make payments. All this is a completely different topic though.

We're obviously not going to agree on this topic and Im cool with that. In no way am I saying he should be void of any responsibility from that child, in fact I believe that he should be EVERY bit responsible for that child, but the fact still remains that when it comes to this situation, the men get the shorter end of the stick in this country.

Nas could very well be broke at the expense of providing his seed, his EX WIFE, and the guy that will eventually end up smashing his ex wife, basic needs. Theres no reason why they should have more than them, but as has happened so many times in the past it is very likely to happen to him again.

The only good that can come from this is the possibility of getting another album along the likes of illmatic.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I will never understand why the ex-wife gets money in the US.

Thank god it's not like that here.

because divorce is an expensive process that can cripple the finances of the weaker party. that is why not just the wife gets money, but men get money too if they're less well off than their wives are.

Here is an example so you can understand...A husband makes $100,000 a year and his wife only makes $25,000. Now say while they were married they bought a house that cost $400,000. Then they got divorced and the house was awarded to the wife because she is raising the family. Lets also say the divorce was the result of the mans infidelity meaning it is his fault. In this case how do you expect the wife to pay for the mortgage, food, etc.?

Originally Posted by copped

must be a bunch of teenagers in here or just straight up idiots...

grow up.

you can't marry someone then expect to cheat and lie behind her back...she has every right to pursue every penny...

secondly, he brought a kid into this world...a HUMAN LIFE...are you guys stupid? he has to support it relative to how he is living. He has to support the kids mother who has the burden to support his child...

you guys are idiots who feel bad for nas or feel like the justice system is wrong or irrational...go do some reading, read the court documents and learn about the laws before you come in here judging the results based on the figures, her ugly +%*, and your man-crush for nas.

Nas is a dope, but he makes good music, and he has GOOD money... 3-400k isn't #@## to support your BLOOD, YOUR CHILD....hell people will kill themselves to support their kids ...you guys are up in arms for 400k?

if nas was such a man he shouldn't be f'ing groupies and he sure as hell would have asked for custody...of course he doesn't want that burden...

You sound like a female.

Wrong.

I stopped reading right there. MFeer... what the hell gives you the right to talk about how this man's mom feels about raising him. You a bich for that one.

So he has to pay 400K for dumb stuff then 55k every month most likely for 18 years Hes gonna owe her like 12 million. Like meth and red said 5k should be the max. All people are supposed to be equal and its not fare he has to pay that amount. Its her fault she only make 13k a month. Damn i mean come on stop living like your beyonce and cut back. You dont need no 55 k a month for a damn kid. I think murder is the best option here. I think its a free pass situation.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

I stopped reading right there. MFeer... what the hell gives you the right to talk about how this man's mom feels about raising him. You a bich for that one.

I was thinking the same thing........

and none of those points have anything to do with the argument....."Besides no matter how well off you were I gaurantee you could have been better. ", No %+%* sherlock.......that goes for anyone....what he is saying is 1.2 mil a year to "raise" a child is NOT NEEDED......my mother made 25-30k a year, single parent, we had everything that was "NEEDED" plus some stuff that wasn't (props to moms for being the best by the way)......Needs dont cost hundreds of thousands a month, those are known as wants.....

and all this lifestyle which I was accustom stuff is BS......makes me want to sell all my stuff and live in a shack so I can say "we lived like we had nothing, so what does she need if we break up".......

I didnt even catch that.

Yes Mr Anleu, my mother was heartbroken raisng me.

I have a child, not to far from the age of Nas's son and in no way does it cost 51k a month to raise... Hell it doesn't cost that a year. So like I've always stated this is bull #%@*... I'd be surprised if more than 10% went to providing for that child seriously.
smh.gif

My ex is raising her 4 year old son alone with no child support from the dude that got her pregnant and she's pulling in maybe 30k a year (still lives with her parents)..She pays half the rent, majority of the utility bills in her crib, and pays for all his clothes, food, and buys him a crap load of toys..If she can afford that on a measly 30k a year, Kelis can afford to live off 80k MAX a year..Why are dudes frontin like Kelis never had a career? She can't go out and make music because she has a kid? How many celebrities have kids and still make movies and albums? Let's be real for a minute..Women want equality so in that case things like this should not still be happening..Kelis should show Nas the bills for clothes, food, etc for the kid and he just straight up pays those bills and if he feels she is spending more money than she needs to, than he should have the right to bring her to court to cut down on her spending

And on top of that, Nas should not be 100% responsible for all of her bills...Everyone is making the assumptions that Nas never sees his kid and is just sending her money..Maybe Nas is taking little dude out 2-3 days a week, which means they're almost sharing 50/50 taking care of the child..So in that case why shouldn't Kelis be able to support the child 50% and Nas 50% in terms of finances? Come on now..The level of simpin in this thread is incredible

^Exactly....On average it cost $260,000 to raise a child. The baby will get that amount in about 6 months time.

Back
Top Bottom