NaS Or Lil Wayne

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

wayne got a better catalog even with his wack $**+ ...

Are you serious Marley??
yeah i am ... when you get passed the "o my god hes comparing lil wayne to nas ahhh ohhh ahhh" part of the debate, wayne has a rack more good songs than nas ... nas has illmatic which was 10 songs and 2 were ahhhhh ... illmatic is definitely the best album either has put out, but if you look at their body of work wayne got nas ... in fact, i dont even think its close forreal ... hell the songs left off the carter 3 alone are better than most of nas' albums ...

when it comes down to it, nas just hasnt produced ... he fell off from illmatic ... plus you take into account that wayne is only 26 ...

500 degreez, carter 1, carter 2, Deication 1, Deidcation 2, all the work he did with hot boyz and the sqads ... come on son theres not many catalogs right now +%*#!% with that ... for the same reason why people cant call BIG the GOAT is the same reason why you cant say nas>wayne ... he may be better as a rapper, but when it comes down to it the !#*+ he has put out just doesnt compare cuz its either a) not enough b) not good
97d15fe0d9ccb37dda03e61b4d2c649d9ac29a1.gif

indifferent.gif

54615defd2c1ba76c9e2b04aeb9f900eeb3b3b3.gif

imo lil wayne is way better then nas. nas is very good but lil wayne. dont believe me? listen to the dedication 2 then the drought 3 then try to same nas isbetter you cant and you wont. LIL WAYNE!!!

You can answer this question in several ways. As an entertainer I think Lil Wayne is better than Nas. As a poet, a lyricist, and a rapper I think Nasclearly blows Wayne out of the water. I think this most can agree on.

You might not like Lil Wayne, or the music he puts out, or the fact that people look at him like the second coming of Jesus, but he still puts out music thatpeople like. If you were to take 100 people, make them listen to both Nas and Wayne's catalogue, I can almost guarantee that most would like Wayne'scatalogue more.

Sure, Nas's material might be of the upmost quality, but he doesn't have many great songs. He has many songs with great lyrics, but he doesn't havemany songs that I or others want to listen too. This is partially my opinion, partially what I've noticed, Nas's music can be wack. I think, and I knowothers think that most of his catalogue is wack. It's not his voice, but his beats that I have trouble listening too, some are just
sick.gif

Wayne music might be low quality and he might not really say much, but I can listen to it and stand it. It might wack, but it's more entertaining thanlistening to a boring flow (sometimes) over a crappy beat.

I'm a fan of Nas and Illmatic is one of my favorite albums (only thing I listend to for a month when I first heard it) but as an artist, Nas is not notlight-years ahead of Wayne. An artist has to be creative,innovative, entertain, and in music they need to write good music. Nas is all of these, and Waynedoes all most of the time, except write good lyrics, a well written verse by him is hard to find.

wren32 wrote:
imo lil wayne is way better then nas. nas is very good but lil wayne. dont believe me? listen to the dedication 2 then the drought 3 then try to same nas is better you cant and you wont. LIL WAYNE!!!
Are you serious? I skimmed through the Drought 3 and that was painful, horrible example to use.

Originally Posted by wren32

imo lil wayne is way better then nas. nas is very good but lil wayne. dont believe me? listen to the dedication 2 then the drought 3 then try to same nas is better you cant and you wont. LIL WAYNE!!!
c8a36cf1490c302ef2a410fbc0f264e2071ca919.gif

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

wren32 wrote:
Are you serious? I skimmed through the Drought 3 and that was painful, horrible example to use.

you gotta be kidding me. no disrespect but lil wayne killed that mixtape. and you can surely admit there arent many mixtapes that compare to that. D2 is thebest mixtape ive ever heard. but i think this argument is bias in alot of ways. no offense but old heads will say nas and younger cats are gonnna wayne forsure. they're both great but imo waynes better.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

MarleysProtege wrote:

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

^Your body of work argument FAILed btw.

why? ... just because your sorry drawn out poor excuse for a rapper self thinks stillmatic is god's gift to the earth, doesnt mean everyone does ... illmatic and a few songs from each of his other albums were good ... put that up against ALL of waynes @!*% and its not coming close ... im sorry but just cuz someone thinks they can rap about thought provoking @!*% does not make them tight ... how you tyna kick knowledge when most of your @!*% is garbage ...
No, because percentage wise, Wayne puts out a less quality music. Why you so upset? I didn't even attack yo ole' insecure +%*... crybaby +%* __. Somebody give this bytch +%* __ his binky back
smh.gif

Oh, and I challenge yopur weak !%% to listen to ANY song of mine and tell me I ain't come correct. Go ahead. You need some links?

myspace.com/foundation_Rilla
myspace.com/realrecognizerealrecord

Go ahead *+!+ boy, quote me on one of my "weak" lines, %+@*+ I dare you. If you ever bring that mouth of yours to northwest Indiana, be sure to let me know. And that ain't a threat at all, I'm just saying make sure you bring all that aggression with you so I can have a reason to *+!+ you up proper for real, on Larry.

roll.gif
all i said was youre a garbage rapper and you come at me with crybaby?really ........................
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

you did yourself in right there son son ... "northwest Indiana" LMAO ... boy i been to indiana ... its a #@@#%% airport, a baseball field and apetroleum station ... +#*% outta here with that weak %!%+@+%# ... i call you a garbage rapper you tell me to holler at you in indiana
laugh.gif
get a deal with your garbage #*! ... ole sentimental #*! dude talkin bout"you know what i just realized after some deep thinking, TI is the best in the game blah blah" who the +#*% sits at home and thinks ddep about TI?talkin bout "wait here me out" ...
roll.gif
... writin poems and +$%$... go do some background verses for a charmin commercial ...

Out of curiosity how many of Nas' albums have you listened to?

Smh...this makes me sad because it just proves that hip hop is really almost dead....(nas is wayyyyyyy better then lil wayne btw)

wren32 wrote:
Originally Posted by 13saldana13

wren32 wrote:

you gotta be kidding me. no disrespect but lil wayne killed that mixtape. and you can surely admit there arent many mixtapes that compare to that. D2 is the best mixtape ive ever heard. but i think this argument is bias in alot of ways. no offense but old heads will say nas and younger cats are gonnna wayne for sure. they're both great but imo waynes better.

I try to be as unbiased as I can be when listening to music and judging it. I liked a couple of songs, but quality wise I think most will agree it's a wackand boring mixtape. Just a comment, we all have diferrent tastes in music, I'm not going to knock you for liking it. Drought 2 is a great mixtape, one ofthe reasons why I started to listen to Wayne again. I'm young, I'm only 17 and of course this argument is very succetible to bias, I will agree thatWayne has more songs that I like, but I can't say he is better. The songs that I like by him aren't lyrical, but they're good songs nonetheless.

People need to stop comparing musicians and music, no point in doing so. Unless someone says, "Wanye>Nas lyrically" then an argument is necessary.Music is either good or bad, why all the comparisons? We would all be happier if we looked at it like that.

2lxch2b.gif

man some of yall posting gifs kill me lol

but seriously how is that alien even on the same level as nas....

u comparing one of the most hyped up rappers to a legend

u see, thats why they should change the music thread name to the comedian thread, cuz there be sum funny comparisons

I can and I will. NaS is better.

Back
Top Bottom