***NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE Off-Season Thread*** RIP JUNIOR SEAU

This is going to get ugly
sick.gif

as it should.

NFL called it an uncapped year but then sends memos saying dont spend money like its an uncapped year cus you will be penalized the next season.

I wish Al Davis was alive. this would be in Supreme Court TOMORRAH!

pure trash.

So the NFL just making up rules as they go along ?

im sorry that the Skins and Boys owners spend money .

Cowboys statement:

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple issued a statement late Monday afternoon:

"The Dallas Cowboys were in compliance with all league salary cap rules during the uncapped year," said Dalrymple. "We look forward to the start of the free agency period where our commitment to improving our team remains unchanged."

******** statement:

This is the official statement of ******** general manager Bruce Allen on recent media reports of an adjusted salary cap for the 2012 season:
“The Washington ******** have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.

Even if it's not us signing him, I hope for his career's sake that it's not you guys. Something terrible will end up happening to him. Rather him end up with the Bears or somebody.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

If anything Al's spirit is definitely in those two.
laugh.gif
Own 'em Projector style!
pimp.gif

Definitely.
Esp. Jerry, He and Al were quite close and in regular contact.

Damn that's mad random. Alex Smith throwing bombs to him? I see epic staredowns in his future.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

as it should.

NFL called it an uncapped year but then sends memos saying dont spend money like its an uncapped year cus you will be penalized the next season.

Teams were warned at least six times that there would be consequences for breaking the "rules". Why cross that line? Only four teams did so, and only two did it in an egregious way. And they just happen to be the two biggest +$+#***# in the league. I'm hardly surprised. 

what "rules" tho?  and if you say the old cap rules then like I posted, Where are the consequences for teams that gutted their rosters to be below the salary floor? 

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

as it should.

Teams were warned at least six times that there would be consequences for breaking the "rules". Why cross that line? Only four teams did so, and only two did it in an egregious way. And they just happen to be the two biggest +$+#***# in the league. I'm hardly surprised. 
Joka...you're a VERY smart guy.  A doctor, even.  But do you understand what collusion is?  The fact that you have to put "rules" in quotations should tell you enough about why this whole thing is BS. 

and in case you missed it.

Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office.

I've said since day one Roger is a detriment to the game and hurts it. I continue that stance

I was trying to understand that chart. I read that in the uncapped year teams were supposed to be operating within the 30% rule.
Even without a cap, teams were supposed to be operating within the "30 percent
rule" which prevents teams from increasing or
decreasing a player's salary
by more than 30 percent in consecutive years. 
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=096E5F45-F084-176D-D2660CF8456CF575

So the highlighted years are the years where they violated that (except for KVB?) i guess. Interesting stuff.
Only four teams did so, and only two did it in an egregious way. And they just
happen to be the two biggest +$+#***# in the league. I'm hardly surprised.

Looks like your team engaged as well.

if their is a god he will not allow this to happen                Mario Williams | OLB Previous Team: Houston Exp: 6 years
Analysis: NFL Network experts offered their thoughts on Williams, one of the most sought-after, and expensive, free agents. Michael Lombardi points out that teams with plenty of cap space -- Buccaneers and Chiefs -- could make a run at the defender. While Jason La Canfora says the Jaguars are in the mix, he ultimately believes Williams lands in Chicago. Steve Wyche thinks Houston will retain Williams, but also considers Jacksonville to be a sleeper.

peppers and super mario oh god 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom