Naya Rivera RIP

Christina Milian got wifed in her mid 30s after already having a kid with The Dream. Ciara got wifed by Russ when she was almost 30 and had a kid with Future. Mariah Carey got wifed by a billionaire in her late 40s and multiple twins from Nick Cannon. The list goes on. She wasn't "damaged goods."
this is one hell of a leap in logic
is there anything factual not made from your biases about women?

im talking more like patterns of behavior that are actually from her, not generalizations.

feeninlikejodeci feeninlikejodeci got some strange takes. :lol::lol::lol:

The only thing that might be valid is that she could have a high debt load compounded with a lack of work.

I've never experienced being carried away or getting taken under by a strong current. Sounds scary AF. I was a strong swimmer when I was younger but don't know how I am now.

My uncle drowned when he was 18. He saved his friend who was drowning but couldn't save himself.

I've never experienced being carried away or getting taken under by a strong current. Sounds scary AF. I was a strong swimmer when I was younger but don't know how I am now.

My uncle drowned when he was 18. He saved his friend who was drowning but couldn't save himself.

When my son was like 1 or 2, I was with him in a hotel pool. He wasn’t wearing floaties or anything; I was just holding him. I didn’t notice that pool got deep really suddenly. So I had to keep him above the water while I was swimming to a point I could get him on the pool deck. We came out the situation, but I was exhausted and it was scary as hell.

Growing up I was always told to swim sideways if you do get caught up. Because yeah the thought is terrifying.

7141.jpg

Growing up I was always told to swim sideways if you do get caught up. Because yeah the thought is terrifying.

7141.jpg
I always heard that too but read something recently that it doesn't always help. Guess it's still the best strategy though. Always wanted to do one of those open water swimming races.

Story reminds me of this movie.

MV5BNDRkZjBmZDAtYmQ5Zi00MWQ3LWE3N2ItM2YwNTI4ZTQ5OWNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

All the adults jump off the yacht to go swimming and leave the baby aboard but forget to drop the ladder. So whole movie is them trying to get back on board.

1118full-open-water-2%3A-adrift-screenshot.jpg

I can attest to swimming sideways when caught in a rip current. I’ve been caught in currents twice in my life and both times were scary as ****. Once on the American River in Sacramento, I tired out after trying to swim back after jumping off a small ledge, my boys yelled that I wasn’t moving while trying to swim back. Was burning out and just said F it, floated on my back and let the current take me, it took me about 100 yards down stream before the river turned, saw I was somewhat closer to land at the turn and swam my *** until I could feel my feet touch the the floor.

2nd time was at a beach in Vietnam, got caught in a rip current because the sand under me was disappearing. Was chilling in shoulder length water and all of sudden it gets deeper and I’m floating. Tried swimming back but I could see my fam getting smaller. Was thinking about my pregnant wife on shore and **** and just kept floating to keep my head above water and started swimming sideways until I eventually tired out and when I let go, my feet felt sand and started walking towards the shore, longest walk ever back. My wife asked me why I was swimming so far down the beach. I never told her. 😕 Respected Mother Nature ever since.

I can attest to swimming sideways when caught in a rip current. I’ve been caught in currents twice in my life and both times were scary as ****. Once on the American River in Sacramento, I tired out after trying to swim back after jumping off a small ledge, my boys yelled that I wasn’t moving while trying to swim back. Was burning out and just said F it, floated on my back and let the current take me, it took me about 100 yards down stream before the river turned, saw I was somewhat closer to land at the turn and swam my *** until I could feel my feet touch the the floor.

2nd time was at a beach in Vietnam, got caught in a rip current because the sand under me was disappearing. Was chilling in shoulder length water and all of sudden it gets deeper and I’m floating. Tried swimming back but I could see my fam getting smaller. Was thinking about my pregnant wife on shore and **** and just kept floating to keep my head above water and started swimming sideways until I eventually tired out and when I let go, my feet felt sand and started walking towards the shore, longest walk ever back. My wife asked me why I was swimming so far down the beach. I never told her. 😕 Respected Mother Nature ever since.
glad u made it out fam, sounds scary af.

luckyily when i would hit the beach alot as a kid me and my buddies would be swimming for hours at a time.

lifeguards would always be attentative and tell us theres a rip current and to get back to short

i almost drowned twice actually... the first time was at a pool party at my sisters friends house...i was like 6 at the time shes like 4 years older than me... but i went to go get the float at the deep end and not knowing it was the deep end i drowned but my sister saved me cuz she saw bubbles... they ended the party cuz of me... then in 2014 in hawaii for my friends destination wedding i went swimming in the beach by my hotel... i got caught under a wave then another wave hit me and i was done...i barely had my head above water but my friend said to grab his arm so i can get out so it was a close call but not as bad when i was younger... i keep telling myself every year i need to learn to swim but never actually do it lol

Arent currents more of an issue by the sea than lakes? Almost drowned in Hawaii 10 years ago.

I would assume it's hard to spot a rip current while standing on shore? Sure we see it in the warning photos but what about in person?

I would assume it's hard to spot a rip current while standing on shore? Sure we see it in the warning photos but what about in person?
Kind of. I was able to identify them when the waves were strong.

You can usually see a "break" in the pattern of the water. It's often a little more subtle, but if you swim in the ocean it's something you should probably we aware of. Odd patterns, sand bars, etc.

I'm cool with the ocean TBH. I was braver when I was a kid.

rip-current-arrows-500.png

maxresdefault.jpg
Rip_Current03a.png

35b791d5-0afa-45d8-9fa2-2243383848b0-large16x9_05.18rip.jpg

noaa-rip-spot-1.jpg

Backcomp.gif

"As seen from above, this shows how a rip current works. Breaking waves cross a sand bar off the shore; the pushed-in water can most easily travel back out to sea through a gap in the sand bar; this flow creates a fast-moving rip current."

Sad.RIP. I always was taught that if a current sweeps you, the worst thing you can do is panic and try to fight it. Maybe she did that? Who knows? Nobody will ever know everything and that gotta be terrible for her family. No closure

Arent currents more of an issue by the sea than lakes? Almost drowned in Hawaii 10 years ago.

I honestly didn’t know there could be currents in lakes at all. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that, but haven’t swam in lakes all that much.

Any beach with breaking waves can have a rip tide. It's the water that's rushing back out via the path of least resistance that causes the current. So it's more prevalent in oceans, but can also happen in lakes. Like the great lakes I suppose.

Yeah I always wondered
Why don’t folks just float
Let it take u
The swim back after
It’s not gonna take u MILES
Just ride it a lil till it lessens
And I’m no pro
I’m asking isn’t that strategy possible

Yeah I always wondered
Why don’t folks just float
Let it take u
The swim back after
It’s not gonna take u MILES
Just ride it a lil till it lessens
And I’m no pro
I’m asking isn’t that strategy possible

I think it's because the sudden pull of the water and thought of being sucked out into the ocean causes immediate panic so the fight/flight response kicks in.

But yeah not panicking would be the ideal response. Because panicking also messes with your breathing which will tire you out even quicker if you're already fighting against the tide.

I think it's because the sudden pull of the water and thought of being sucked out into the ocean causes immediate panic so the fight/flight response kicks in.

But yeah not panicking would be the ideal response. Because panicking also messes with your breathing which will tire you out even quicker if you're already fighting against the tide.

If you go on a guided river rafting tour, they actually tell you, in the event you fall out of the raft, don’t try to swim back; just get on your back, point your feet down stream and float until you can got to shore or the boat picks you up. It’s definitely not most people’s natural instinct to do that.

7141.jpg
My things is
In open water how do you know which way is sideways??? In the heat of the moment

that **** sounds scary

at the beach yeah you can tell
But in open water

I’m a good swimmer but idk if I would be able to

My things is
In open water how do you know which way is sideways??? In the heat of the moment

that **** sounds scary

But in open water

Well ur getting pulled back
So I assume u can know ur left or right
If ur getting pulled back

My things is

that **** sounds scary

But in open water

Look around and swim parallel to the shore.

If you really about it, swim under the water parallel to the shore because the currents run closer to the surface. But that's even scarier.

When I was little I was already pretty scared of the ocean after my dad showing me Jaws when I was like 5. Then my cousin got caught in a rip tide. By then I was already like F the ocean and slowly stopped messing with it.

Back
Top Bottom