Naya Rivera RIP

There are currents beneath the surface in lakes that might take even experienced swimmers by surprise. My boss at my first job drowned at a lake retrieving a floatie that blew out onto the lake by the wind.
with respect to your old boss (God bless), I got myself in a situation like that and fortunately said bump that raft and turned back. Got back to the boat tired questioning myself... Another boater brought it to us.

I’m glad I know how to swim. It’s those cramps that worry me. Had my calve cramp up and man it was scary. Luckily I was near the edge of the pool.

Y’all boys got morbid minds. :smh: I highly doubt it was suicide. There are way easier more effective and less painful ways to kill yourself. Who tries to kill themselves slowly???

Had a heavy heart when I heard this news, can't stop thinking about her son, poor kid |l

I took lessons as a kid and am pretty confident in swimming but I'll never not be overly cautious around water...way too unpredictable.

Y’all boys got morbid minds. :smh: I highly doubt it was suicide. There are way easier more effective and less painful ways to kill yourself. Who tries to kill themselves slowly???

Not to add to the speculation, because there's nothing really to go on here, but some get to a point where it doesn't matter the severity. They just want to end it.

Yeah idk why everyone's automatically assuming suicide and she changed her mind about killing her son too. The kid had a life vest on and she bought another life vest with her but left it on the boat, most likely because she felt she could handle the water. Not to mention, that's a body of water in SoCal known for having a muddy floor where people sometimes get their feet caught and can't pull out of it. But yeah, all signs point to suicide

Yeah you got a point here, anybody who has ever come close to drowning or even involuntarily swallowed water in a body of waters knows the pain and fear that comes with that.

Only way is if she brought sleeping pills or a strong sedative.

Im terrified of large bodies of water...really need to get comfortable with it but I just dnt see it happening. Sad story, glad the kid is ok but I can only imagine what he had to see smh

Its a major life skill that i was lucky to learn at a young age. My wife didn't and she can only go into water that is below her neck. Even then she gets super nervous . If you have a chance to learn by going ( YMCA?) i suggest so. You never know what when you need the skill of swimming.
What the hell man? Don't they teach swimming in school in the US? Where i'm from swimming classes are mandatory in elementary school

Im terrified of large bodies of water...really need to get comfortable with it but I just dnt see it happening. Sad story, glad the kid is ok but I can only imagine what he had to see smh
I’m terrified of large bodies of water too. I remember going to Dubai and getting on a boat at the marina and was terrified the entire time, life vest and all. My fiancé wants me to take swimming lessons, especially since we have a newborn. She knows how to swim. I just don’t know, I tense up easily.

Back
Top Bottom