[:NBA ALL-STAR Weekend Thread - NT's Post Game Debate: "Why Didn't Rose Dance?" (PG. 115+):]

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by toine2983

tupac003 wrote:

I see where your coming from and my boy is saying the same thing. 
But I say this...Make or miss just take the shot. Nobody is going to kill you for missing that shot. Missed shots happen all the time. But passing up a game winning shot with a turn over? Yeah I'm sorry I gotta blame you.

You can't serious.
laugh.gif

If LeBron took the shot and missed there would be the exact same posts in this thread now about his unclutchness.
Absolutely correct. There might be some who would say "at least he took it"... but please, if Lebron misses there will still be tons of people saying he can't make the final shot.

True...
But it wouldn't be as bad. 

Dude has to take that shot period. Not taking it makes it even worse.

Durant won this due to shooting every time he touched the ball and playing almost 38 min 
30t6p3b.gif

dude did not have a particularly great game and was clanking shot after shot during the east comeback

Westbrook played 27 minutes. The next bench player played 18 min.

Kevin Love was in the zone. Dude should have gotten more playing time than Westbrook.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

LeBron James is a coward. I try and I try to defend this dude just because he's on my team but this is just ridiculous. How do you not take the opportunity VERSUS KOBE to shut the world up for just a little while?!?! HOW? This dude is the anti-Kobe/Melo/Wade/Lin/EVERYBODY. Billions of people dream and fantasize about the moment they can hit that last second shot over their rival and this dude wants absolutely no part of it. This dude career will play out like a real life horror movie. The potential scariness will turn out to be worse than the actual end result. I swear if they don't win it in June they're gonna have to get that boy off my team.
30t6p3b.gif

Jesus Christ, it's the All Star game.

Relax.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

If he messes up down the stretch in a Finals game then you can rake him over the coals as much as you like.
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Kobe got into his head in the end. The first 3 he shot with kobe on him and he missed. After that he didnt try the two times after kobe was on him then elected to inbound the ball. He needs to stop letting dudes get into his head

Kobe was ruthless, yapping in his face the entire time during the inbound...

it's what separates Kobe from LeBron, the willingness to play above and beyond when it COUNTs

Originally Posted by PMatic

LeBron confirmed Kobe told him to shoot at the end of the game.
This what got me so heated right now. It's in Kobes DNA to be a shark in the water. He challenged LeBron to become that shark and take him down and the boy-punked-out!!!
30t6p3b.gif
Ya'll don't hear me. He challenged LeBron to prove himself worthy of the King title he carries around and he-punked-out.
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

Man you have to take that shot if you are lebron. Make or miss, you have to take it. Every little kid dreams of a scenario like that man. Everybody practices even when they are by themselves by counting down and shooting the last shot. Right before the last 10 seconds, Lerbon was on fire! Why not take the last shot.
tired.gif

Durant took 25 shots, made 14, thus 56%fg. I can see complaining if he shoot Iverson #s

Westbrook was 10 for 17, 59%

Both teams had 4 players play over 30 minutes.

Most of the older players didn't play much on either team.

yall lakers' fans taken this wayyyy tooo seriously

yes durant played 37 mins.. kobe played 35

yes durant took 25 shoots.. but dude shot 56%

Originally Posted by knightngale

Durant won this due to shooting every time he touched the ball and playing almost 38 min 
30t6p3b.gif

dude did not have a particularly great game and was clanking shot after shot during the east comeback

Kevin Love was in the zone. Dude should have gotten more playing time than Westbrook.

kobe was 1-4 in the 4th and 1 of 2 at the line (durant was 1-2 in the 4th)

westbrook was 10-17 and his team has the best record in the west, you don't think his coach is going to reward him?

At least Craig Sager didn't forget Wade's turnover, or the fact he even attempted the last second 3 being that he hasn't made any in the regular season

That looking at the ball after release is very interesting I always looked at the rim until the ball came in to the picture. Only time I might watch the ball is if shot in a way I wasn't use to and wanted to follow the trajectory of the ball.

If you gonna pass the ball in at least get it to a shooter, preferably DWill who was killing it from deep

Wade is one of if not the worst 3 pt shooter of all the all-stars

Should've gave the ball to Melo.

After heckling LeBron, Kobe thought that's where it was going.

Thibs didn't play Rose towards the end because D-Will was on fire. Plus, Thibs is going to protect his star point guard more than anything. It was just sort of convenient that D-Will has hot, providing an excuse not to play Rose.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by PMatic

LeBron confirmed Kobe told him to shoot at the end of the game.
This what got me so heated right now. It's in Kobes DNA to be a shark in the water. He challenged LeBron to become that shark and take him down and the boy-punked-out!!!
30t6p3b.gif
Ya'll don't hear me. He challenged LeBron to prove himself worthy of the King title he carries around and he-punked-out.
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

He told LeBron to shoot AFTER he had just turned the ball over genius, same time Carmelo was coming over to LeBron indicating he was open right there at the top of the key
If you gonna pass the ball in at least get it to a shooter, preferably DWill who was killing it from deep

DWill who just airballed a wide open 3 literally 5 seconds earlier?

I just set my Direct TV DVR to record it, is there a way to get it from there to my computer? I forgot I even had that functionality, have never used it.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

yall lakers' fans taken this wayyyy tooo seriously

yes durant played 37 mins.. kobe played 35

yes durant took 25 shoots.. but dude shot 56%

30t6p3b.gif

kobe was 1-4 in the 4th and 1 of 2 at the line (durant was 1-2 in the 4th)

westbrook was 10-17 and his team has the best record in the west, you don't think his coach is going to reward him?
I don't wanna watch all star games in the future where durant and westbrook take 42 shots combined. I don't care about players being rewarded or not.

Almost every player shoots 50% or better in all star games so that is irrelevant. How do you play aldridge only 9 min?
30t6p3b.gif

I don't wanna watch all star games in the future where durant and westbrook take 42 shots combined.
No...No, please don't stop watching.

At the end of the day... The 4th quarter was Lebrons, He put in most of the work to get the EAST back in the game and he had the most confidence+He was HOT.... He should have got the ball and told everyone to clear out and went 1-on-1 with Kobe for the W... I'm sure If someone would have tried to Double-up on Lebron, Kobe would have waved them back for the opportunity to stick Lebron 1-on-1...because that's what type of player Kobe is....He Trusts his skills

....Instead, he saw Kobe and another defender about to creep up for the double team and threw a fluky pass....

Back
Top Bottom