NBA Draft Thread 2011

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I am so behind in regards to draft news. I've been of the grid for the last 2 weeks in regards to this.

Raptors think Walker's the real deal 6

ryan-wolstat
By Ryan Wolstat ,Toronto Sun

First posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:00:12 EDT PM

TORONTO - The Raptors have brought in hundreds of players over the years for workouts in advance of the NBA draft.

Few have been as difficult to get a handle on as Kemba Walker, the dynamic UCONN Huskies guard who was in town on Tuesday.

Is Walker an undersized, poor shooting combo guard with suspect decision-making — a shorter, new-school Ed O’Bannon who will be drafted high based on name recognition?

Or is he a player with great heart who fills it up and gets it done when it counts, even if the percentages aren’t always pretty?

Critics are divided on Walker’s future as a star-quality starting NBA point guard but he’s certainly no stiff and at worst, should be a solid contributor for years to come.

Is he worth the fifth pick? That’s for Bryan Colangelo and his staff to decide.

Walker is coming off a season for the ages at Connecticut — the 6-foot-1 Bronx native led the team to the Big East tournament title in spectacular fashion and then willed the Huskies to a national title over Butler in Houston. There are no issues with his off the charts intangibles — leadership, big-game swagger, shot-making ability — but can he run a pro team effectively?

With few other offensive options on the Huskies, Walker was forced to carry a much bigger scoring load than he had in the past. The results were a drop from 5.1 to 4.5 assists per game compared to his sophomore campaign, an increase in shot attempts from 11.1 to 18 and a huge jump from 14.6 to 23.5 points per game.

Walker finds it ironic that now, many aren’t sure he is enough of a playmaker.

“This is the first year where I had to score a lot of points,

Raptors think Walker's the real deal 6

ryan-wolstat
By Ryan Wolstat ,Toronto Sun

First posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:00:12 EDT PM

TORONTO - The Raptors have brought in hundreds of players over the years for workouts in advance of the NBA draft.

Few have been as difficult to get a handle on as Kemba Walker, the dynamic UCONN Huskies guard who was in town on Tuesday.

Is Walker an undersized, poor shooting combo guard with suspect decision-making — a shorter, new-school Ed O’Bannon who will be drafted high based on name recognition?

Or is he a player with great heart who fills it up and gets it done when it counts, even if the percentages aren’t always pretty?

Critics are divided on Walker’s future as a star-quality starting NBA point guard but he’s certainly no stiff and at worst, should be a solid contributor for years to come.

Is he worth the fifth pick? That’s for Bryan Colangelo and his staff to decide.

Walker is coming off a season for the ages at Connecticut — the 6-foot-1 Bronx native led the team to the Big East tournament title in spectacular fashion and then willed the Huskies to a national title over Butler in Houston. There are no issues with his off the charts intangibles — leadership, big-game swagger, shot-making ability — but can he run a pro team effectively?

With few other offensive options on the Huskies, Walker was forced to carry a much bigger scoring load than he had in the past. The results were a drop from 5.1 to 4.5 assists per game compared to his sophomore campaign, an increase in shot attempts from 11.1 to 18 and a huge jump from 14.6 to 23.5 points per game.

Walker finds it ironic that now, many aren’t sure he is enough of a playmaker.

“This is the first year where I had to score a lot of points,

I'm going to be rooting for Kemba, but I wouldn't want to be the team who drafts him.

I'm going to be rooting for Kemba, but I wouldn't want to be the team who drafts him.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You people are incredibly ignorant so to argue with you would be a waste of my time and yours, go watch the games.

Hopefully GM's are not stupid as the rest of you here. 
Honestly...if it's all in the game tape, why waste time on a workout? 
Exactly.  Why do workouts and sully your projected draft slot by missing bunnies with NO ONE GUARDING YOU
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You people are incredibly ignorant so to argue with you would be a waste of my time and yours, go watch the games.

Hopefully GM's are not stupid as the rest of you here. 
Honestly...if it's all in the game tape, why waste time on a workout? 
Exactly.  Why do workouts and sully your projected draft slot by missing bunnies with NO ONE GUARDING YOU
laugh.gif

Let the Bobcats take Klay at 9, Vucevic at 19 and Shelvin at 39 and I'm happy.

We really like Tobias Harris for some reason so I won't be shocked if he goes 19th and we do something stupid like reach for JHam at 9
ohwell.gif

Let the Bobcats take Klay at 9, Vucevic at 19 and Shelvin at 39 and I'm happy.

We really like Tobias Harris for some reason so I won't be shocked if he goes 19th and we do something stupid like reach for JHam at 9
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom