NBA Draft Thread 2011

Speaking of the Jazz...
Do the Jazz take a chance on Fredette?

Jimmer Fredette can ignite a scoreboard and change a game with the simple flick of his wrist. The former Brigham Young guard has star power and big-name marketing potential, despite being only 22 years old and not having played in the NBA. He is highly motivated and loaded with self-confidence. He is also humble and deferential, possessing a wealth of uncanny personal attributes that have already inspired a legion of devoted followers.

Wrap up Fredette’s numerous assets and package them as the No. 12 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, and a rebuilding Jazz franchise that unexpectedly stands at an uncomfortable crossroads would have everything it needs to take a huge step forward.

Whether Fredette is the next Stephen Curry or Adam Morrison is still to be determined. The Jazz will gain further insight Wednesday, when Fredette is scheduled to work out with former Connecticut standout Kemba Walker, among others.

But Fredette’s selling power is undeniable. Just by calling out his name during draft night June 23 in Newark, N.J., the Jazz would instantly boost ticket sales and rekindle interest in a small-market franchise that no longer has Jerry Sloan and Deron Williams to sell. The organization could also crack a Utah County market it has long eyed, while directly connecting with a fickle, yet highly prized, youth demographic that sees Fredette as much as a pop star as a professional athlete.

Jimmer can shoot with the best, filling one of the Jazz’s most glaring deficiencies. He can also sell the heck out of a jersey. Throw in his legendary run in Provo, and Jazz president Randy Rigby acknowledged that putting Fredette in a Jazz uniform could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“There’s no question that if the talent pick matches up with the local appeal of an athlete, you have an immediate marketing lift to help you,

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

i mean i figured #NT would embrace his FAP game
roll.gif

The Jazz have a great chance to have a nice nucleus... Devin, Jimmer, Favors, Kanter
pimp.gif

I like those guys but just trade Milsap and Al Jefferson? Funny thing is I bet the Heat would trade Bosh for Milsap and the 12th pick.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

i mean i figured #NT would embrace his FAP game
roll.gif

The Jazz have a great chance to have a nice nucleus... Devin, Jimmer, Favors, Kanter
pimp.gif

I like those guys but just trade Milsap and Al Jefferson? Funny thing is I bet the Heat would trade Bosh for Milsap and the 12th pick.

The Jazz are not letting go of Millsap. He's too productive on a bargain (2 years-$13.9M left).

I think they would listen to offers for Jefferson. They also have Okur but his trade value is low. I think they're hoping Favors can compliment Jefferson-Okur defensively.

The Jazz are not letting go of Millsap. He's too productive on a bargain (2 years-$13.9M left).

I think they would listen to offers for Jefferson. They also have Okur but his trade value is low. I think they're hoping Favors can compliment Jefferson-Okur defensively.

Or is he going to follow in the footsteps of another Congolese forward, Serge Ibaka, and become a star?

Serge is a good player, he's not a star.

Bismack is certainly intriguing, but I wouldn't feel comfortable AT ALL spending a Top 5 selection on a guy that cannot contribute much of anything on one end of the court. You want star potential in a Top 5 player... and while this draft is supposedly weak, GMs should still be able to sift through the garbage and find that star potential in a few of these prospects. Bismack Biyombo has good player potential, not star potential.

I'm beginning to think the Timberwolves are just going to stick pat at #2 and take Derrick Williams.

Or is he going to follow in the footsteps of another Congolese forward, Serge Ibaka, and become a star?

Bismack is certainly intriguing, but I wouldn't feel comfortable AT ALL spending a Top 5 selection on a guy that cannot contribute much of anything on one end of the court. You want star potential in a Top 5 player... and while this draft is supposedly weak, GMs should still be able to sift through the garbage and find that star potential in a few of these prospects. Bismack Biyombo has good player potential, not star potential.

I'm beginning to think the Timberwolves are just going to stick pat at #2 and take Derrick Williams.

Originally Posted by JPZx

pimp.gif
 I hope so, it is just my opinion, but I don't like any of the offers they seemingly have gotten thus far, then again I am real high on williams. Real high.

Edit: And if Jimmers ceiling is Mark Price like the article says, I'd take Jimmer top 5 

Originally Posted by JPZx

pimp.gif
 I hope so, it is just my opinion, but I don't like any of the offers they seemingly have gotten thus far, then again I am real high on williams. Real high.

Edit: And if Jimmers ceiling is Mark Price like the article says, I'd take Jimmer top 5 

I'd bite on DeRozan and Monta... but guys like McGee, Gortat, and Iguodala at #2 don't intrigue me whatsoever.

I'd bite on DeRozan and Monta... but guys like McGee, Gortat, and Iguodala at #2 don't intrigue me whatsoever.

Knicks fans are praying Biyambo falls to them but Idont see him falling that far. it's a possibbility. I mean last year Hassan whiteside was projected mid lottery and fell to the second round

Knicks fans are praying Biyambo falls to them but Idont see him falling that far. it's a possibbility. I mean last year Hassan whiteside was projected mid lottery and fell to the second round

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Whiteside's stock fell weeks (months?) before the draft due to his reported poor work ethic to go along with his raw skills. Biyombo by all accounts seems to be a hard worker with a good attitude.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Whiteside's stock fell weeks (months?) before the draft due to his reported poor work ethic to go along with his raw skills. Biyombo by all accounts seems to be a hard worker with a good attitude.

The raptors board looks like

Derrick Williams
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Jan Vesley

alien.gif

So without question I will be left with tears on draft night...If I were a betting man I'd look at the odds for Bismack for ROY they should be good considering how ignorant the public is about him.

The raptors board looks like

Derrick Williams
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Jan Vesley

alien.gif

So without question I will be left with tears on draft night...If I were a betting man I'd look at the odds for Bismack for ROY they should be good considering how ignorant the public is about him.

Bismack has grown and inch since the hoop summit, the dude is still growing. Could be Dwight Howard sized by the end of his rookie year
sick.gif

Dude is freak, every NBA team who passes on him will regret it. Mark my words.  
30t6p3b.gif

Bismack has grown and inch since the hoop summit, the dude is still growing. Could be Dwight Howard sized by the end of his rookie year
sick.gif

Dude is freak, every NBA team who passes on him will regret it. Mark my words.  
30t6p3b.gif

Osh kosh must really love bismack's game..you should be bismack's agent or apart of his marketing/pr team lol

Osh kosh must really love bismack's game..you should be bismack's agent or apart of his marketing/pr team lol

Back
Top Bottom