NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by frshstunna

Osh kosh must really love bismack's game..you should be bismack's agent or apart of his marketing/pr team lol

No @%%*.
laugh.gif
I haven't seen him this hyped up since Andrea Bargnani...

ha ha ha.
grin.gif

Actually I wanted to draft Lamarcus but I became captain save a barg when he started playing for us.
laugh.gif

Osh kosh must really love bismack's game..you should be bismack's agent or apart of his marketing/pr team lol

No @%%*.
laugh.gif

ha ha ha.
grin.gif

Actually I wanted to draft Lamarcus but I became captain save a barg when he started playing for us.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The raptors board looks like

Derrick Williams
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Jan Vesley

alien.gif

So without question I will be left with tears on draft night...If I were a betting man I'd look at the odds for Bismack for ROY they should be good considering how ignorant the public is about him.
Do they give out ROY in the NBDL?

The raptors board looks like

Derrick Williams
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Jan Vesley

alien.gif

So without question I will be left with tears on draft night...If I were a betting man I'd look at the odds for Bismack for ROY they should be good considering how ignorant the public is about him.
Do they give out ROY in the NBDL?

Originally Posted by woody2626

Let the Bobcats take Klay at 9, Vucevic at 19 and Shelvin at 39 and I'm happy.

We really like Tobias Harris for some reason so I won't be shocked if he goes 19th and we do something stupid like reach for JHam at 9
ohwell.gif

I've been over at 3 or 4 of the Bobcats' workouts so far, including that one with Hamilton/Parsons/Harris/Honeycutt/Leonard/Singleton (plus Thompson was there on the same day with the 1s/2s that worked out in a separate session.) I think Thompson isn't a bad pick for them at 9, but I really like Singleton there. I'm with you on Vucevic at 19. Loved what I saw of him, and far prefer him over Motiejunas and other bigs available in the teens. At 39, I'd bet on something like Norris Cole/Shelvin Mack or if somehow available, Charles Jenkins (but that sounds unlikely). Another guy who I think would be a good fit, but hasn't been in for a workout, is Justin Harper at 39 if he's there. 

I'm still shocked they haven't had Jimmer in for a workout. I wasn't in town when they had Marcus Morris in last week, but I don't get the people putting him there in mock drafts. Just don't think it's a good fit. Oh, and to your point about Harris, I think he's only an option at 19. And that wouldn't be horrible. I just think unless they can pull off getting a SF/Shooter at 9 and then a big at 19, they may wind up drafting two wings in the first. Just depends on how the talent falls.

Links to some of my writeups...
NBA Draft Notebook: Vucevic moving up draft boards

NBA Draft Notebook: Small forwards, guards work out for Bobcats

Originally Posted by woody2626

Let the Bobcats take Klay at 9, Vucevic at 19 and Shelvin at 39 and I'm happy.

We really like Tobias Harris for some reason so I won't be shocked if he goes 19th and we do something stupid like reach for JHam at 9
ohwell.gif

I've been over at 3 or 4 of the Bobcats' workouts so far, including that one with Hamilton/Parsons/Harris/Honeycutt/Leonard/Singleton (plus Thompson was there on the same day with the 1s/2s that worked out in a separate session.) I think Thompson isn't a bad pick for them at 9, but I really like Singleton there. I'm with you on Vucevic at 19. Loved what I saw of him, and far prefer him over Motiejunas and other bigs available in the teens. At 39, I'd bet on something like Norris Cole/Shelvin Mack or if somehow available, Charles Jenkins (but that sounds unlikely). Another guy who I think would be a good fit, but hasn't been in for a workout, is Justin Harper at 39 if he's there. 

I'm still shocked they haven't had Jimmer in for a workout. I wasn't in town when they had Marcus Morris in last week, but I don't get the people putting him there in mock drafts. Just don't think it's a good fit. Oh, and to your point about Harris, I think he's only an option at 19. And that wouldn't be horrible. I just think unless they can pull off getting a SF/Shooter at 9 and then a big at 19, they may wind up drafting two wings in the first. Just depends on how the talent falls.

Links to some of my writeups...
NBA Draft Notebook: Vucevic moving up draft boards

NBA Draft Notebook: Small forwards, guards work out for Bobcats

Chad Ford Mock 5.0

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
(via L.A. Clippers)
[/td][td]
nba_g_irving1x_65.jpg

Kyrie Irving
[/td][td]Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 191 pounds
School: Duke[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: There have been a lot of interesting theories floating around the past week about why Cleveland won't be taking Irving No. 1. I still don't buy it. The Cavs have been shopping Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions hard in the past week.

Williams is still in the picture here at No. 1 in part because the Cavs feel they could get a very good point guard (either Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker) at No. 4 ... but sources continue to stress that it's Irving's to lose.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td][td]
19490.jpg

Derrick Williams
[/td][td]Position: PF
Height: 6-9
Weight: 249
School: Arizona[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Still hearing that the Wolves are hoping they can get a great offer for the No. 2 pick. But if they don't they'll just take Williams and work out the rest this summer via trades. If they get Williams, Michael Beasley could be gone by the time next season starts.

3.gif
[/td][td]
uth.gif

Utah
(via New Jersey)
[/td][td]
nba_u_knight_65.jpg

Brandon Knight
Height: 6-3
Weight: 177
School: Kentucky [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker are both possibilities at guard. Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas and Jan Vesely will also get a look here. The Jazz have a huge workout on June 15 when Walker and Jimmer Fredette are expected to work out for them.

Knight will come in at some point too, though he still seems to be refusing to work out with Walker or Fredette. While it's still possible the Jazz go big with this pick and select either a player like Kanter, Valanciunas or Vesely -- they're likely to try to select a franchise point guard if either Knight or Walker blows them away. If Fredette wins the battle on the 15th ... that could push the Jazz to go big here and try to nab Fredette with the 12th pick.

4.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td][td]
19523.jpg

Jonas Valanciunas
[/td][td]Position: C
Height: 6-10
Weight: 230

Analysis: I've had Kanter in this position since Mock Draft 1.0, but it's time to make the biggest change I've made to our board. From what I gather, the Cavs appear to be cooling a bit on Kanter and warming to Valanciunas.

Vesely and Leonard are in the picture too and would both be good fits. But this may be the Cavs' only chance to draft a legit 7-foot center. Valanciunas is raw, but he has big upside.

5.gif
[/td][td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td][td]
19415.jpg

Jan Vesely
Height: 6-11
Weight: 240

Analysis: Bryan Colangelo could go a number of directions here. He has strong interest in both Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker. If Knight is on the board, I think he doesn't get past here. If just Walker is here, the question for Colangelo is what to do with Leandro Barbosa and Jerryd Bayless. Both players are similar to Walker.

The Raptors could go with an international player such as Kanter, Valanciunas, Vesely or Bismack Biyombo. Of the four, sources say, Vesely is the highest on their board.

6.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td][td]
19524.jpg

Enes Kanter
Weight: 260

Analysis: The Wizards know they aren't taking a point guard -- not with John Wall in the fold. So the questions are: Who's the best player on the board and what do they need? The Wizards are very high on Vesely, but in this mock he's off the board.

Kawhi Leonard is an option. He brings toughness, defense and versatility to a team that can use all three attributes. But the Wizards are really looking for rebounding help up front and Kanter is a very good fit here. He's tough, he isn't afraid to be physical and he has good size. Tristan Thompson is a dark horse here as well.

7.gif
[/td][td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td][td]
19534.jpg

Kawhi Leonard
[/td][td]Position: SF
Height: 6-7
Weight: 228
School: San Diego State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: If the draft plays out this way, the Kings could go in three different directions. They could go with Leonard, who would help solve a major need at small forward or they could choose between Walker and Fredette at the point. We've had Walker in this position for weeks, but mostly because we've had Leonard off the board.

Fredette, as we've been writing for the past two weeks, is the dark horse here. The Maloof brothers love him and he's probably a better fit in the Kings' backcourt than Walker. If Leonard is off the board, Fredette could be the pick.

8.gif
[/td][td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td][td]
nba_u_walkerk_65.jpg

Kemba Walker
Height: 6-1
Weight: 184
School: UConn [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: For the past few weeks, we've had the Pistons taking Valanciunas, but with Valanciunas now going No. 4, it looks like the Pistons will be down to three prospects: Kemba Walker, Tristan Thompson and Bismack Biyombo.

Walker is the safe pick, though he doesn't actually fill a major need. Thompson has upside. And, from what I gather, the team is still very high on Biyombo. The Pistons know how to develop a defensive stopper like him and I'm told their trip to Spain to see him went well.

Still, at the end of the day, I think the Pistons draft the best player available, Walker, and look at moving Rodney Stuckey to the 2.

9.gif
[/td][td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td][td]
19449.jpg

Marcus Morris
School: Kansas[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bobcats haven't been the greatest drafters the past few years. Michael Jordan is determined to change that. The thinking in Charlotte is to not take big risks. To go with a proven product. To aim at the double instead of the home run.

Morris, with his versatility, toughness and Kansas pedigree is a very good option. Klay Thompson, Chris Singleton and Jordan Hamilton are all in the mix as well.

10.gif
[/td][td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td][td]
19450.jpg

Klay Thompson
Weight: 206
School: Washington St. [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: I think this pick likely comes down to Thompson and Alec Burks. They play the same position, but have different strengths. Thompson is a shooter, Burks is a slasher.

With the Bucks telling me pretty strongly that they're holding on to Brandon Jennings as their point guard, and with the team making a strong drive to get back in the playoffs, I think Thompson is a better fit.

11.gif
[/td][td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td][td]
19642.jpg

Bismack Biyombo
Weight: 243

Analysis: Jerry West is a fan of Klay Thompson and would likely select him if he's still on the board. But if he and Marcus Morris are off the board, the Warriors could be the team that takes a chance on Biyombo. The team desperately needs to improve its defense, shot-blocking and rebounding. Biyombo has the tools to do that right away.

12.gif
[/td][td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td][td]
19324.jpg

Chris Singleton
School: Florida State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: We've had Singleton here for weeks and we're not moving him unless the Jazz draft a forward with the No. 3 pick. With Andrei Kirilenko heading into free agency, the Jazz are going to want a defensive stopper who can guard multiple positions.

Tristan Thompson, Jimmer Fredette and Alec Burks are all possibilities here too.

13.gif
[/td][td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td][td]
19510.jpg

Alec Burks
[/td][td]Position: SG
Height: 6-6
Weight: 193
School: Colorado [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Suns are in that awkward spot between pushing for the playoffs and rebuilding. Lon Babby says the team will be emphasizing defense and Tristan Thompson could be a solid direction to go.

But if Burks is on the board, he may be very hard to pass up on. He has star potential if he ever learns how to shoot. With Vince Carter likely out of the picture in Phoenix, Burks also fits a need.

14.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
[/td][td]
19626.jpg

Nikola Vucevic
Height: 7-0
School: USC [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Could Vucevic really go this high? That's the word among a number of NBA GMs who are raving about his workouts. Some have argued that the differences between him and Enes Kanter are very slim.

With the Rockets in desperate need of some size in the paint, Vucevic could be the answer. He's not the world's greatest athlete, but he is skilled, has an NBA body and is ready to play now.

15.gif
[/td][td]
ind.gif

Indiana

[/td][td]
19505.jpg

Jimmer Fredette
Weight: 196
School: Brigham Young [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers could go a number of different ways here, but for the third straight week I think Fredette will be their man. There's a good chance that Jimmer is off the board when they draft, but if he's here, he'll be very hard to pass up.

Tristan Thompson and Markieff Morris are all also serious options here as well if both are still on the board.

16.gif
[/td][td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia

[/td][td]
19554.jpg

Tristan Thompson
School: Texas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Thompson could go as high as No. 5 or No. 6. But he also could slide. Just about every team I spoke to likes him a lot, but I've yet to find the team that's fallen in love. I doubt he slips further than this though. The Sixers need more size, toughness and rebounding. Thompson provides all three. Jordan Hamilton and Markieff Morris are also options here.

17.gif
[/td][td]
nyk.gif

New York

[/td][td]
19628.jpg

Marshon Brooks
Height: 6-5
Weight: 195
School: Providence [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Knicks are really hoping that either Klay Thompson or Jimmer Fredette fall to them. But if they don't, watch out for Brooks. He had a great workout in New York, has the sort of swagger that Knicks guards need and the Knicks were wowed by his ability to pass the ball too.

Brooks, at 22, doesn't have the upside of a guy like Josh Selby, but his size advantage is big and so is his ability to step in and play right away.

18.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
(via Atlanta)
[/td][td]
19396.jpg

Jordan Hamilton
Weight: 229

Analysis: Hamilton is often compared to Wizards small forward Rashard Lewis. Both are big men with sweet strokes that can catch fire. But with Lewis on the back end of his career and the Wizards actively shopping him, I don't think the team will shy away from adding another scorer to put around John Wall.

19.gif
[/td][td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
(via New Orleans)
[/td][td]
19601.jpg

Markieff Morris
[/td][td]Position: PF/C
Weight: 241
School: Kansas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bobcats have needs just about everywhere and Morris should be a good fit. He's strong, he's defensive minded, he rebounds and he blocks shots. He's a bit undersized to play the 5, but his ability to stretch the floor will be welcomed.

20.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Memphis)
[/td][td]
19306.jpg

Donatas Motiejunas
Weight: 220

Analysis: The Wolves have the best group of international scouts in the NBA and if Motiejunas falls this far, I think they'd snap him up here. He's an aggressive scorer and has size -- two things the Wolves could use in the post.

Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried, Nikola Mirotic and Charles Jenkins are also possibilities.

21.gif
[/td][td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td][td]
19371.jpg

Kenneth Faried
Height: 6-8
Weight: 225
School: Morehead State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Blazers fell in love with Faried last year before he withdrew from the draft. If they are fortunate enough to get a second chance at him this year, they'll grab him. His relentlessness on the boards is a nice complement to LaMarcus Aldridge's more offensive-minded style.

Markieff Morris, Tobias Harris, Darius Morris, Reggie Jackson are other players to watch.

22.gif
[/td][td]
den.gif

Denver

[/td][td]
nba_g_harris1x_65.jpg

Tobias Harris
Weight: 223
School: Tennessee [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Harris may be one of the more underrated players in the draft. He can play both the 3 and 4, and he has a very high basketball IQ and an NBA body. Harris doesn't do any one thing at an elite level, but he is one of the most well-rounded players in the draft.

Charles Jenkins, Iman Shumpert and Tyler Honeycutt are other possibilities here.

23.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
(via Orlando)
[/td][td]
19620.jpg

Darius Morris
Weight: 190
School: Michigan [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: We have the Rockets going big with pick No. 14 and we have them going big again at No. 23. Morris is a different kind of big. He's a point guard who towers over the competition. If he were a better shooter he'd be going much, much higher in the draft. But at this point he's a steal.

24.gif
[/td][td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City

[/td][td]
19552.jpg

Nikola Mirotic
Weight: 226

Analysis: Sam Presti is an opportunist, and he is patient -- two critical traits in a great GM. Mirotic, based on talent, is a lottery pick. But a massive buyout means he won't be playing in the NBA anytime soon. Mirotic shocked NBA teams by deciding to stay in the draft.

It will likely take him three years to actually make it to the NBA, but given the talent level, the Thunder could be getting a major steal down the road. If Mirotic is off the board, Davis Bertans and Bogan Bogdanovic are possibilities.

25.gif
[/td][td]
bos.gif

Boston
[/td][td]
19575.jpg

Jeremy Tyler
Weight: 263
Team: Tokyo Apache [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Celtics are going to start rebuilding soon and they need to hit a home run again the same way they did with Rajon Rondo. Tyler could be that guy. If he had played in college, he might have had a chance to be a top-10 pick with his talent.

He's long, athletic and raw, but if he succeeds, he could be a major pickup for the Celtics. JaJuan Johnson, Justin Harper and Jon Leuer are also possibilities.

26.gif
[/td][td]
dal.gif

Dallas

[/td][td]
19545.jpg

Josh Selby

Analysis: The Mavs have won the title, but now it's time to begin thinking about the future. While the Mavs may have one more long run in those veteran legs, it's unlikely. Selby, like Tyler, could be a home run if he's developed right. His ability to get to the basket is really unmatched.

27.gif
[/td][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
(via L.A. Lakers)
[/td][td]
19632.jpg

Reggie Jackson
Weight: 208
School: Boston College [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Yes, the Nets have Deron Williams. But he's not a sure thing to stay in New Jersey after next season. Even if he does, Jackson would be a terrific backup and a player who could play off the ball in certain situations.

Had he not had a knee injury when the predraft process began, he could've gone much higher. He's great value here. Justin Harper, Tyler Honeycutt, JaJuan Johnson and Jeremy Tyler are all options here too.

28.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Miami)
[/td][td]
19635.jpg

Justin Harper
School: Richmond [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Harper was one of the best stretch 4s in college basketball last season. He also has size and is a pretty good athlete. The Bulls need perimeter shooting and Harper should be able to give them some.

Charles Jenkins, Tyler Honeycutt and Jeremy Tyler are also possibilities.

29.gif
[/td][td]
sas.gif

San Antonio
[/td][td]
nba_g_bertans11_65.jpg

Davis Bertans
Weight: 210

Analysis: The Spurs have done a good job over the years of finding young international players and stashing them overseas for a few years until they're ready.

Bertans showed he can be a big-time shooter at the Nike Hoop Summit and adidas Eurocamp. At 18, he's worth taking a flier on and seeing what he can accomplish after another year or two in Europe.

30.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago

[/td][td]
19496.jpg

Tyler Honeycutt
[/td][td]Position: G/F
Weight: 188
School: UCLA [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bulls need scorers in their backcourt and ultimately need to find a backup for Derrick Rose at point guard. Honeycutt wasn't a dominating scorer in college, but his versatility should make him a nice fit in Chicago.

Next Five In: JaJuan Johnson, F, Purdue; Charles Jenkins, G, Hofstra; Nolan Smith, G, Duke; Jordan Williams, F/C, Maryland; Chandler Parsons, F, Florida

Chad Ford Mock 5.0

1.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
(via L.A. Clippers)
[/td][td]
nba_g_irving1x_65.jpg

Kyrie Irving
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 191 pounds
School: Duke[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: There have been a lot of interesting theories floating around the past week about why Cleveland won't be taking Irving No. 1. I still don't buy it. The Cavs have been shopping Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions hard in the past week.

Williams is still in the picture here at No. 1 in part because the Cavs feel they could get a very good point guard (either Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker) at No. 4 ... but sources continue to stress that it's Irving's to lose.

2.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td][td]
19490.jpg

Derrick Williams
Weight: 249
School: Arizona[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Still hearing that the Wolves are hoping they can get a great offer for the No. 2 pick. But if they don't they'll just take Williams and work out the rest this summer via trades. If they get Williams, Michael Beasley could be gone by the time next season starts.

3.gif
[/td][td]
uth.gif

Utah
(via New Jersey)
[/td][td]
nba_u_knight_65.jpg

Brandon Knight
Weight: 177
School: Kentucky [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker are both possibilities at guard. Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas and Jan Vesely will also get a look here. The Jazz have a huge workout on June 15 when Walker and Jimmer Fredette are expected to work out for them.

Knight will come in at some point too, though he still seems to be refusing to work out with Walker or Fredette. While it's still possible the Jazz go big with this pick and select either a player like Kanter, Valanciunas or Vesely -- they're likely to try to select a franchise point guard if either Knight or Walker blows them away. If Fredette wins the battle on the 15th ... that could push the Jazz to go big here and try to nab Fredette with the 12th pick.

4.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td][td]
19523.jpg

Jonas Valanciunas

Analysis: I've had Kanter in this position since Mock Draft 1.0, but it's time to make the biggest change I've made to our board. From what I gather, the Cavs appear to be cooling a bit on Kanter and warming to Valanciunas.

Vesely and Leonard are in the picture too and would both be good fits. But this may be the Cavs' only chance to draft a legit 7-foot center. Valanciunas is raw, but he has big upside.

5.gif
[/td][td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td][td]
19415.jpg

Jan Vesely
Weight: 240

Analysis: Bryan Colangelo could go a number of directions here. He has strong interest in both Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker. If Knight is on the board, I think he doesn't get past here. If just Walker is here, the question for Colangelo is what to do with Leandro Barbosa and Jerryd Bayless. Both players are similar to Walker.

The Raptors could go with an international player such as Kanter, Valanciunas, Vesely or Bismack Biyombo. Of the four, sources say, Vesely is the highest on their board.

6.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td][td]
19524.jpg

Enes Kanter

Analysis: The Wizards know they aren't taking a point guard -- not with John Wall in the fold. So the questions are: Who's the best player on the board and what do they need? The Wizards are very high on Vesely, but in this mock he's off the board.

Kawhi Leonard is an option. He brings toughness, defense and versatility to a team that can use all three attributes. But the Wizards are really looking for rebounding help up front and Kanter is a very good fit here. He's tough, he isn't afraid to be physical and he has good size. Tristan Thompson is a dark horse here as well.

7.gif
[/td][td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td][td]
19534.jpg

Kawhi Leonard
School: San Diego State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: If the draft plays out this way, the Kings could go in three different directions. They could go with Leonard, who would help solve a major need at small forward or they could choose between Walker and Fredette at the point. We've had Walker in this position for weeks, but mostly because we've had Leonard off the board.

Fredette, as we've been writing for the past two weeks, is the dark horse here. The Maloof brothers love him and he's probably a better fit in the Kings' backcourt than Walker. If Leonard is off the board, Fredette could be the pick.

8.gif
[/td][td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td][td]
nba_u_walkerk_65.jpg

Kemba Walker
Height: 6-1
Weight: 184
School: UConn [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: For the past few weeks, we've had the Pistons taking Valanciunas, but with Valanciunas now going No. 4, it looks like the Pistons will be down to three prospects: Kemba Walker, Tristan Thompson and Bismack Biyombo.

Walker is the safe pick, though he doesn't actually fill a major need. Thompson has upside. And, from what I gather, the team is still very high on Biyombo. The Pistons know how to develop a defensive stopper like him and I'm told their trip to Spain to see him went well.

Still, at the end of the day, I think the Pistons draft the best player available, Walker, and look at moving Rodney Stuckey to the 2.

9.gif
[/td][td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td][td]
19449.jpg

Marcus Morris
School: Kansas[/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bobcats haven't been the greatest drafters the past few years. Michael Jordan is determined to change that. The thinking in Charlotte is to not take big risks. To go with a proven product. To aim at the double instead of the home run.

Morris, with his versatility, toughness and Kansas pedigree is a very good option. Klay Thompson, Chris Singleton and Jordan Hamilton are all in the mix as well.

10.gif
[/td][td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td][td]
19450.jpg

Klay Thompson
Weight: 206
School: Washington St. [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: I think this pick likely comes down to Thompson and Alec Burks. They play the same position, but have different strengths. Thompson is a shooter, Burks is a slasher.

With the Bucks telling me pretty strongly that they're holding on to Brandon Jennings as their point guard, and with the team making a strong drive to get back in the playoffs, I think Thompson is a better fit.

11.gif
[/td][td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td][td]
19642.jpg

Bismack Biyombo
Weight: 243

Analysis: Jerry West is a fan of Klay Thompson and would likely select him if he's still on the board. But if he and Marcus Morris are off the board, the Warriors could be the team that takes a chance on Biyombo. The team desperately needs to improve its defense, shot-blocking and rebounding. Biyombo has the tools to do that right away.

12.gif
[/td][td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td][td]
19324.jpg

Chris Singleton
School: Florida State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: We've had Singleton here for weeks and we're not moving him unless the Jazz draft a forward with the No. 3 pick. With Andrei Kirilenko heading into free agency, the Jazz are going to want a defensive stopper who can guard multiple positions.

Tristan Thompson, Jimmer Fredette and Alec Burks are all possibilities here too.

13.gif
[/td][td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td][td]
19510.jpg

Alec Burks
Height: 6-6
Weight: 193
School: Colorado [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Suns are in that awkward spot between pushing for the playoffs and rebuilding. Lon Babby says the team will be emphasizing defense and Tristan Thompson could be a solid direction to go.

But if Burks is on the board, he may be very hard to pass up on. He has star potential if he ever learns how to shoot. With Vince Carter likely out of the picture in Phoenix, Burks also fits a need.

14.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
[/td][td]
19626.jpg

Nikola Vucevic
School: USC [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Could Vucevic really go this high? That's the word among a number of NBA GMs who are raving about his workouts. Some have argued that the differences between him and Enes Kanter are very slim.

With the Rockets in desperate need of some size in the paint, Vucevic could be the answer. He's not the world's greatest athlete, but he is skilled, has an NBA body and is ready to play now.

15.gif
[/td][td]
ind.gif

Indiana

[/td][td]
19505.jpg

Jimmer Fredette
Weight: 196
School: Brigham Young [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers could go a number of different ways here, but for the third straight week I think Fredette will be their man. There's a good chance that Jimmer is off the board when they draft, but if he's here, he'll be very hard to pass up.

Tristan Thompson and Markieff Morris are all also serious options here as well if both are still on the board.

16.gif
[/td][td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia

[/td][td]
19554.jpg

Tristan Thompson

Analysis: Thompson could go as high as No. 5 or No. 6. But he also could slide. Just about every team I spoke to likes him a lot, but I've yet to find the team that's fallen in love. I doubt he slips further than this though. The Sixers need more size, toughness and rebounding. Thompson provides all three. Jordan Hamilton and Markieff Morris are also options here.

17.gif
[/td][td]
nyk.gif

New York

[/td][td]
19628.jpg

Marshon Brooks
School: Providence [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Knicks are really hoping that either Klay Thompson or Jimmer Fredette fall to them. But if they don't, watch out for Brooks. He had a great workout in New York, has the sort of swagger that Knicks guards need and the Knicks were wowed by his ability to pass the ball too.

Brooks, at 22, doesn't have the upside of a guy like Josh Selby, but his size advantage is big and so is his ability to step in and play right away.

18.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
(via Atlanta)
[/td][td]
19396.jpg

Jordan Hamilton
Weight: 229

Analysis: Hamilton is often compared to Wizards small forward Rashard Lewis. Both are big men with sweet strokes that can catch fire. But with Lewis on the back end of his career and the Wizards actively shopping him, I don't think the team will shy away from adding another scorer to put around John Wall.

19.gif
[/td][td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
(via New Orleans)
[/td][td]
19601.jpg

Markieff Morris
[/td][td]Position: PF/C
Weight: 241

Analysis: The Bobcats have needs just about everywhere and Morris should be a good fit. He's strong, he's defensive minded, he rebounds and he blocks shots. He's a bit undersized to play the 5, but his ability to stretch the floor will be welcomed.

20.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Memphis)
[/td][td]
19306.jpg

Donatas Motiejunas
Weight: 220

Analysis: The Wolves have the best group of international scouts in the NBA and if Motiejunas falls this far, I think they'd snap him up here. He's an aggressive scorer and has size -- two things the Wolves could use in the post.

Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried, Nikola Mirotic and Charles Jenkins are also possibilities.

21.gif
[/td][td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td][td]
19371.jpg

Kenneth Faried
Weight: 225
School: Morehead State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Blazers fell in love with Faried last year before he withdrew from the draft. If they are fortunate enough to get a second chance at him this year, they'll grab him. His relentlessness on the boards is a nice complement to LaMarcus Aldridge's more offensive-minded style.

Markieff Morris, Tobias Harris, Darius Morris, Reggie Jackson are other players to watch.

22.gif
[/td][td]
den.gif

Denver

[/td][td]
nba_g_harris1x_65.jpg

Tobias Harris
Weight: 223
School: Tennessee [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Harris may be one of the more underrated players in the draft. He can play both the 3 and 4, and he has a very high basketball IQ and an NBA body. Harris doesn't do any one thing at an elite level, but he is one of the most well-rounded players in the draft.

Charles Jenkins, Iman Shumpert and Tyler Honeycutt are other possibilities here.

23.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
(via Orlando)
[/td][td]
19620.jpg

Darius Morris
Weight: 190
School: Michigan [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: We have the Rockets going big with pick No. 14 and we have them going big again at No. 23. Morris is a different kind of big. He's a point guard who towers over the competition. If he were a better shooter he'd be going much, much higher in the draft. But at this point he's a steal.

24.gif
[/td][td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City

[/td][td]
19552.jpg

Nikola Mirotic
Weight: 226

Analysis: Sam Presti is an opportunist, and he is patient -- two critical traits in a great GM. Mirotic, based on talent, is a lottery pick. But a massive buyout means he won't be playing in the NBA anytime soon. Mirotic shocked NBA teams by deciding to stay in the draft.

It will likely take him three years to actually make it to the NBA, but given the talent level, the Thunder could be getting a major steal down the road. If Mirotic is off the board, Davis Bertans and Bogan Bogdanovic are possibilities.

25.gif
[/td][td]
bos.gif

Boston
[/td][td]
19575.jpg

Jeremy Tyler
Weight: 263
Team: Tokyo Apache [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Celtics are going to start rebuilding soon and they need to hit a home run again the same way they did with Rajon Rondo. Tyler could be that guy. If he had played in college, he might have had a chance to be a top-10 pick with his talent.

He's long, athletic and raw, but if he succeeds, he could be a major pickup for the Celtics. JaJuan Johnson, Justin Harper and Jon Leuer are also possibilities.

26.gif
[/td][td]
dal.gif

Dallas

[/td][td]
19545.jpg

Josh Selby

Analysis: The Mavs have won the title, but now it's time to begin thinking about the future. While the Mavs may have one more long run in those veteran legs, it's unlikely. Selby, like Tyler, could be a home run if he's developed right. His ability to get to the basket is really unmatched.

27.gif
[/td][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
(via L.A. Lakers)
[/td][td]
19632.jpg

Reggie Jackson
Weight: 208
School: Boston College [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Yes, the Nets have Deron Williams. But he's not a sure thing to stay in New Jersey after next season. Even if he does, Jackson would be a terrific backup and a player who could play off the ball in certain situations.

Had he not had a knee injury when the predraft process began, he could've gone much higher. He's great value here. Justin Harper, Tyler Honeycutt, JaJuan Johnson and Jeremy Tyler are all options here too.

28.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Miami)
[/td][td]
19635.jpg

Justin Harper
School: Richmond [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Harper was one of the best stretch 4s in college basketball last season. He also has size and is a pretty good athlete. The Bulls need perimeter shooting and Harper should be able to give them some.

Charles Jenkins, Tyler Honeycutt and Jeremy Tyler are also possibilities.

29.gif
[/td][td]
sas.gif

San Antonio
[/td][td]
nba_g_bertans11_65.jpg

Davis Bertans
Weight: 210

Analysis: The Spurs have done a good job over the years of finding young international players and stashing them overseas for a few years until they're ready.

Bertans showed he can be a big-time shooter at the Nike Hoop Summit and adidas Eurocamp. At 18, he's worth taking a flier on and seeing what he can accomplish after another year or two in Europe.

30.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago

[/td][td]
19496.jpg

Tyler Honeycutt
[/td][td]Position: G/F
Weight: 188
School: UCLA [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bulls need scorers in their backcourt and ultimately need to find a backup for Derrick Rose at point guard. Honeycutt wasn't a dominating scorer in college, but his versatility should make him a nice fit in Chicago.

Next Five In: JaJuan Johnson, F, Purdue; Charles Jenkins, G, Hofstra; Nolan Smith, G, Duke; Jordan Williams, F/C, Maryland; Chandler Parsons, F, Florida

I'll shoot myself if we take both Morris twins. Get that $*!% out of here. I don't understand the thinking there when we have 3 pfs on roster

Apparently Marshon Brooks had his way with Alec Burks today in Charlotte and dunked on him.

Jimmer got the best of Kemba in Utah also. It's destiny

I'll shoot myself if we take both Morris twins. Get that $*!% out of here. I don't understand the thinking there when we have 3 pfs on roster

Apparently Marshon Brooks had his way with Alec Burks today in Charlotte and dunked on him.

Jimmer got the best of Kemba in Utah also. It's destiny

No @%%*.
laugh.gif

ha ha ha.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

It's all good. 
laugh.gif
I like this Bismack kid a lot, but I'm not going to go all in quite yet.

I do think that he would be amazing on the Raps, so I have zero idea why he's not on their board.

No @%%*.
laugh.gif

ha ha ha.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

It's all good. 
laugh.gif
I like this Bismack kid a lot, but I'm not going to go all in quite yet.

I do think that he would be amazing on the Raps, so I have zero idea why he's not on their board.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I dont understand how JaJuan Johnson isnt a 1st round pick.
Me either.

I felt the same way about Trevor Booker and Craig Brackins last year, and they both did even though no one really had them there.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I dont understand how JaJuan Johnson isnt a 1st round pick.
Me either.

I felt the same way about Trevor Booker and Craig Brackins last year, and they both did even though no one really had them there.

Charlotte turned down a top 5 pick for #9 and #19. Don't want to put all their "eggs in one player"

Back
Top Bottom