NBA Draft Thread 2011

Fine, Cisco and Omri plus 2nd rd picks and the Maloofs/remains of Arco for Rubio.

Deal.

Originally Posted by JPZx

2. Keep Rubio, flip Irving to the Kings for Tyreke Evans (who is available, because Geoff Petrie has already aired out some concerns about building around two character question marks in Evans and Cousins. Irving has no red flags).
93926dc4332563b0667a10f5457dac69de1c7627.jpg

tired.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

2. Keep Rubio, flip Irving to the Kings for Tyreke Evans (who is available, because Geoff Petrie has already aired out some concerns about building around two character question marks in Evans and Cousins. Irving has no red flags).
93926dc4332563b0667a10f5457dac69de1c7627.jpg

tired.gif

Article from Feb on Rubio's struggles in EuroLeague...maybe things have changed for the better since then, but who knows....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6106227

Lemme ask yall...hypothetically, let's say the Wizards end up with the #2 pick, and Williams goes #1 overall. There really isn't a need for Kyrie Irving on the team, but if you're Ernie Grunfeld, do you draft Irving with the hopes you can flip him (along w. Blatche) for another player and a later pick in the 1st? If so, what player/pick would work in this type of scenario??

Article from Feb on Rubio's struggles in EuroLeague...maybe things have changed for the better since then, but who knows....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6106227

Lemme ask yall...hypothetically, let's say the Wizards end up with the #2 pick, and Williams goes #1 overall. There really isn't a need for Kyrie Irving on the team, but if you're Ernie Grunfeld, do you draft Irving with the hopes you can flip him (along w. Blatche) for another player and a later pick in the 1st? If so, what player/pick would work in this type of scenario??

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Hoping D-Will goes to the Wizards to stay in that red/white/blue

Please happen. I'd love to see him and John Wall together.
But on second thought.....him and Kanter together would be a good look too.
happy.gif
 I'll be content with a top 3 pick, I just want an Andray Blatche replacement

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Hoping D-Will goes to the Wizards to stay in that red/white/blue

Please happen. I'd love to see him and John Wall together.
But on second thought.....him and Kanter together would be a good look too.
happy.gif
 I'll be content with a top 3 pick, I just want an Andray Blatche replacement

I'm not sold on Kanter. He might end up fine...but some workout videos and a Hoop Summit game are not enough for me to justify taking him with a top 5 pick even in a week draft. I'd rather trade down.

I'm not sold on Kanter. He might end up fine...but some workout videos and a Hoop Summit game are not enough for me to justify taking him with a top 5 pick even in a week draft. I'd rather trade down.

I don't know much about Kanter besides from the youtube vids and articles that I've read...it looks like he has some nice range on the jumper, but how is he defensively? Is he quick enough to play the 4? I know Wall is pretty high on the guy...

from Chad Ford:

ESPN's Chad Ford recently wrote about watching Enes Kanter in a workout with legendary trainer Tim Grover:

"While I initially believed that Kanter's year off would hurt his draft stock, I'm no longer concerned after talking with a number of NBA execs. Virtually every team I spoke with has him as a top-five prospect on their board. A few told me they believe, had he played at Kentucky this year, he may have been the favorite to go No. 1 overall.

He still might have a chance to go No. 1 overall if the Washington Wizards get the No. 1 pick. While we currently have them taking Derrick Williams No. 1 in our Mock Draft Lottery, a well-placed source said Kanter would be in the conversation."

Is he similar to Kevin Love?

I don't know much about Kanter besides from the youtube vids and articles that I've read...it looks like he has some nice range on the jumper, but how is he defensively? Is he quick enough to play the 4? I know Wall is pretty high on the guy...

from Chad Ford:

ESPN's Chad Ford recently wrote about watching Enes Kanter in a workout with legendary trainer Tim Grover:

"While I initially believed that Kanter's year off would hurt his draft stock, I'm no longer concerned after talking with a number of NBA execs. Virtually every team I spoke with has him as a top-five prospect on their board. A few told me they believe, had he played at Kentucky this year, he may have been the favorite to go No. 1 overall.

He still might have a chance to go No. 1 overall if the Washington Wizards get the No. 1 pick. While we currently have them taking Derrick Williams No. 1 in our Mock Draft Lottery, a well-placed source said Kanter would be in the conversation."

Is he similar to Kevin Love?

I forgot about the lottery. My guess is Cleveland gets #1. I don't know what player Minnesota should get I think Kanter would be a good project. Hopefully he lights a fire under Darko to get better.

I forgot about the lottery. My guess is Cleveland gets #1. I don't know what player Minnesota should get I think Kanter would be a good project. Hopefully he lights a fire under Darko to get better.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'd rather trade down.
I agree w/ you, but the thing is who really wants to trade up in this **#+ !%* draft?

And Cal isn't leaving to coach Andray Blatche, stop it.  Especially with that class he has coming in.  Maybe after he wins a NC I can see him leaving but prolly not even.  He flopped in the NBA and is a God on the level of college basketball.  Why leave for that?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'd rather trade down.
I agree w/ you, but the thing is who really wants to trade up in this **#+ !%* draft?

And Cal isn't leaving to coach Andray Blatche, stop it.  Especially with that class he has coming in.  Maybe after he wins a NC I can see him leaving but prolly not even.  He flopped in the NBA and is a God on the level of college basketball.  Why leave for that?

Back
Top Bottom