NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I've heard Marshon Brooks is a chucker who doesn't play any defense but it it's hard to ignore physical tools.

I really, really can't understand the appeal behind Brandon Knight...I don't even think he is going to be a bust but I just have a hard time seeing anything other than a, Ben Gordon, Jrue Holiday clone, Id much much rather take the risk on Biyombo, Katner, or Valancunias. We need toughness and defense inside so bad it's crazy.
Jrue Holiday is going to be really good though and Brandon Knight and him play nothing alike.

I've heard Marshon Brooks is a chucker who doesn't play any defense but it it's hard to ignore physical tools.

I really, really can't understand the appeal behind Brandon Knight...I don't even think he is going to be a bust but I just have a hard time seeing anything other than a, Ben Gordon, Jrue Holiday clone, Id much much rather take the risk on Biyombo, Katner, or Valancunias. We need toughness and defense inside so bad it's crazy.
Jrue Holiday is going to be really good though and Brandon Knight and him play nothing alike.

besides D-Will I also heard Marcus Morris say that he's a 3? These kids have to go through drug testing before draft night, right?

besides D-Will I also heard Marcus Morris say that he's a 3? These kids have to go through drug testing before draft night, right?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

So you'd rather have the likes of Saer Sene or Tskitishvili vs. Gordon & Holiday? 

seriously
laugh.gif
.. Jrue Holiday  is  Really  good If B knight can produces  like him then 
smokin.gif

with Knight , derozan & davis Raptors  could be # Flithy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So you'd rather have the likes of Saer Sene or Tskitishvili vs. Gordon & Holiday? 

seriously
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

with Knight , derozan & davis Raptors  could be # Flithy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think Jrue Holiday is mediocre and I think he will stay being pretty mediocre to decent starting PG, I can't see a world in which he ever makes an all star team though. Also I totally think they are very similar, both fake point guards, with good defensive tools, and solid jumper. Ultimately I don't think they are true point guards, and they will never be good enough scorers to make up for that.

I just think you take the guy with biggest ceiling in a weak draft for the most part, especially from the raps perspective and to me I'd much rather have any of those euros I just mentioned and if we miss I can live with tthe fact we missed on the next Jrue Holiday.

I think Jrue Holiday is mediocre and I think he will stay being pretty mediocre to decent starting PG, I can't see a world in which he ever makes an all star team though. Also I totally think they are very similar, both fake point guards, with good defensive tools, and solid jumper. Ultimately I don't think they are true point guards, and they will never be good enough scorers to make up for that.

I just think you take the guy with biggest ceiling in a weak draft for the most part, especially from the raps perspective and to me I'd much rather have any of those euros I just mentioned and if we miss I can live with tthe fact we missed on the next Jrue Holiday.

Originally Posted by show time 96

seriously
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

with Knight , derozan & davis Raptors  could be # Flithy .500
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by show time 96

seriously
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

with Knight , derozan & davis Raptors  could be # Flithy .500
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by papi chulo

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

@cmillscsn Chris Miller
Enes Kanter just said he wants to play for the Wizards that's his first choice. Has a really good relationship with @jimmywall

frown.gif

I'm sick of these foreign player d-bags saying who they will...or wont play for.

Originally Posted by papi chulo

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

@cmillscsn Chris Miller
Enes Kanter just said he wants to play for the Wizards that's his first choice. Has a really good relationship with @jimmywall

frown.gif

I'm sick of these foreign player d-bags saying who they will...or wont play for.

B knight can't help that this draft is weak, I take him top 10 in most drafts anyway. I think him and Williams are going to be scary good. I like Irving, but he went to duke.

B knight can't help that this draft is weak, I take him top 10 in most drafts anyway. I think him and Williams are going to be scary good. I like Irving, but he went to duke.

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
all my UK friends HATED him at Kentucky
laugh.gif

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Did they hate him after that ohio st game? Dude was flawless

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Did they hate him after that ohio st game? Dude was flawless

I couldn't disagree with you more on Jrue, kid is 20 years old and just played an exceptional playoff series against getting guarded mostly by the one of the best defenders in the league mostly.  I don't see what he does that would make you label him a fake point guard cause I don't see that at all.  He is big, fast, strong, defends exceptionally, good distributor and once he puts it all together I do see him being on all-star teams.  He is stuck on a team that doesn't know if its terying to contend or rebuild and he is force to swtich beteween given roles on a nightly basis and does it seamlessly.  Aside from Steph and possibly Ty, I like him as much as any of the PG's in the '09 class.

He is certainly 1,000x the player Ricky Rubio's bum %#@ is
laugh.gif

I couldn't disagree with you more on Jrue, kid is 20 years old and just played an exceptional playoff series against getting guarded mostly by the one of the best defenders in the league mostly.  I don't see what he does that would make you label him a fake point guard cause I don't see that at all.  He is big, fast, strong, defends exceptionally, good distributor and once he puts it all together I do see him being on all-star teams.  He is stuck on a team that doesn't know if its terying to contend or rebuild and he is force to swtich beteween given roles on a nightly basis and does it seamlessly.  Aside from Steph and possibly Ty, I like him as much as any of the PG's in the '09 class.

laugh.gif

Not to mention Jrue Holiday has to share his ball-handling duties with Iggy/Turner/Williams which take away from him because he's not really a slasher or spot-up shooter, he can do both but he is much better playing the sole PG spot.

Not to mention Jrue Holiday has to share his ball-handling duties with Iggy/Turner/Williams which take away from him because he's not really a slasher or spot-up shooter, he can do both but he is much better playing the sole PG spot.

laugh.gif
He had one good playoff series, lets not get gassed up.

82 games he was mediocre, he can't get to the line, he's inefficient and his turnover rate is quite high given how much he has the ball in his hands, I just don't like point guards that are poor decision makers and have limited court vision. Plus getting to the line, court vision, those things often are you either have it or you don't type propositions. I just hate those types of players fake point guards.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom