NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I couldn't disagree with you more on Jrue, kid is 20 years old and just played an exceptional playoff series against getting guarded mostly by the one of the best defenders in the league mostly.  I don't see what he does that would make you label him a fake point guard cause I don't see that at all.  He is big, fast, strong, defends exceptionally, good distributor and once he puts it all together I do see him being on all-star teams.  He is stuck on a team that doesn't know if its terying to contend or rebuild and he is force to swtich beteween given roles on a nightly basis and does it seamlessly.  Aside from Steph and possibly Ty, I like him as much as any of the PG's in the '09 class.

He is certainly 1,000x the player Ricky Rubio's bum %#@ is
laugh.gif
He had one good playoff series, lets not get gassed up.

82 games he was mediocre, he can't get to the line, he's inefficient and his turnover rate is quite high given how much he has the ball in his hands, I just don't like point guards that are poor decision makers and have limited court vision. Plus getting to the line, court vision, those things often are you either have it or you don't type propositions. I just hate those types of players fake point guards.
sick.gif

Jrue Holiday is going to be a solid PG. He won't ever be the star but he will be able to run a team... pretty nice guy too

Jrue Holiday is going to be a solid PG. He won't ever be the star but he will be able to run a team... pretty nice guy too

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I've heard Marshon Brooks is a chucker who doesn't play any defense but it it's hard to ignore physical tools.

I really, really can't understand the appeal behind Brandon Knight...I don't even think he is going to be a bust but I just have a hard time seeing anything other than a, Ben Gordon, Jrue Holiday clone, Id much much rather take the risk on Biyombo, Katner, or Valancunias. We need toughness and defense inside so bad it's crazy.
Jrue Holiday is going to be really good though and Brandon Knight and him play nothing alike.
I think Jrue Holiday is mediocre and I think he will stay being pretty mediocre to decent starting PG
He's mediocre at best.

I've heard Marshon Brooks is a chucker who doesn't play any defense but it it's hard to ignore physical tools.

I really, really can't understand the appeal behind Brandon Knight...I don't even think he is going to be a bust but I just have a hard time seeing anything other than a, Ben Gordon, Jrue Holiday clone, Id much much rather take the risk on Biyombo, Katner, or Valancunias. We need toughness and defense inside so bad it's crazy.
Jrue Holiday is going to be really good though and Brandon Knight and him play nothing alike.
I think Jrue Holiday is mediocre and I think he will stay being pretty mediocre to decent starting PG
He's mediocre at best.

However, it's difficult to predict which team will acquire his services. Kanter reportedly skipped interviews with the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. The likely reason? He loves the idea of playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards.

Kanter has been friends with fellow Turkish phenom Semih Erden since childhood and would love to reunite with him in Cleveland. He is also good friends with John Wall thanks to their Kentucky connection, which is why he has expressed a desire to play for Washington. He believes Minnesota has an excellent team and predicted that they would make the playoffs next season if Ricky Rubio signed.
Link

However, it's difficult to predict which team will acquire his services. Kanter reportedly skipped interviews with the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. The likely reason? He loves the idea of playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards.

Kanter has been friends with fellow Turkish phenom Semih Erden since childhood and would love to reunite with him in Cleveland. He is also good friends with John Wall thanks to their Kentucky connection, which is why he has expressed a desire to play for Washington. He believes Minnesota has an excellent team and predicted that they would make the playoffs next season if Ricky Rubio signed.
Link

Forget Januisnisisjfj Vancncidididnghio.

BC needs to select Kemba Walker. TDot needs toughness every-friggin'-where and it starts with a lead guard who doesn't play like a damp rag and still miss 25 games every year.  

Forget Januisnisisjfj Vancncidididnghio.

BC needs to select Kemba Walker. TDot needs toughness every-friggin'-where and it starts with a lead guard who doesn't play like a damp rag and still miss 25 games every year.  

Minnesota needs to have a mindset of trade, trade, trade. I like nothing about the supposed top 4 picks in this draft as a sure thing or anthing else as it pertains to the Wolves. I'm liking the Leonard's, Faried's, and Thompso nof the draft.

Get Monta in a trade and one above and I"ll be
pimp.gif

Minnesota needs to have a mindset of trade, trade, trade. I like nothing about the supposed top 4 picks in this draft as a sure thing or anthing else as it pertains to the Wolves. I'm liking the Leonard's, Faried's, and Thompso nof the draft.

Get Monta in a trade and one above and I"ll be
pimp.gif

Draft notes:

The main topic: Jonas Valanciunas of Lithuania. He is considered by most teams to be the most intriguing of the bunch. At 6-11, with a reported 7-6 wingspan and a Joakim Noah(notes)-type motor, he's the type of prospect NBA teams have a difficult time getting their hands on outside of the draft. He has repeatedly indicated his desire to move to the NBA and only the NBA, which separates him from the Ricky Rubios and Fran Vazquezes of the world.

Seeing solid playing time for a BC Lietuvos Rytas team that made the top 16 of the Euroleague, and leading the competition in rebounding per minute, he's been seen by everyone. For him, it's his buyout, or lack thereof, that has teams worried.

Rytas has taken a major step forward in resolving the buyout issue in recent days by hiring a European lawyer with significant experience in NBA buyout negotiations. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Rytas will attempt to structure the buyout on a sliding scale depending on where he gets picked, and are willing to be flexible with Valanciunas on when he can leave the team in case of an NBA lockout, even giving him the opportunity to stay with the team until he signs his rookie contract.

If his buyout situation will be resolved in a timely fashion, look for Valanciunas to be drafted somewhere between Nos. 3 and 8 overall. He's ahead of Enes Kanter on both Cleveland and Toronto's boards according to reports and has huge fans in Detroit's front office as well.

Link

@WFNYScott Scott @ WFNY

#Cavs allegedly have Valanciunas higher than Enes Kanter on their draft board; this could cement that if he's there at No. 4 overall.

• The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings.

Link

Draft notes:

The main topic: Jonas Valanciunas of Lithuania. He is considered by most teams to be the most intriguing of the bunch. At 6-11, with a reported 7-6 wingspan and a Joakim Noah(notes)-type motor, he's the type of prospect NBA teams have a difficult time getting their hands on outside of the draft. He has repeatedly indicated his desire to move to the NBA and only the NBA, which separates him from the Ricky Rubios and Fran Vazquezes of the world.

Seeing solid playing time for a BC Lietuvos Rytas team that made the top 16 of the Euroleague, and leading the competition in rebounding per minute, he's been seen by everyone. For him, it's his buyout, or lack thereof, that has teams worried.

Rytas has taken a major step forward in resolving the buyout issue in recent days by hiring a European lawyer with significant experience in NBA buyout negotiations. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Rytas will attempt to structure the buyout on a sliding scale depending on where he gets picked, and are willing to be flexible with Valanciunas on when he can leave the team in case of an NBA lockout, even giving him the opportunity to stay with the team until he signs his rookie contract.

If his buyout situation will be resolved in a timely fashion, look for Valanciunas to be drafted somewhere between Nos. 3 and 8 overall. He's ahead of Enes Kanter on both Cleveland and Toronto's boards according to reports and has huge fans in Detroit's front office as well.

Link

@WFNYScott Scott @ WFNY

#Cavs allegedly have Valanciunas higher than Enes Kanter on their draft board; this could cement that if he's there at No. 4 overall.

• The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings.

Link

Back
Top Bottom