** NBA Feet - '09-'10 **

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

20c22e4d443e3527805ffbddbca89bfd-getty-90040797nl002_utah_jazz_v_n.jpg

3ea18ebee048c28e4d8367893e729bce-getty-90040797nb001_jazz_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

f7a7b952a81bd75e9fe4b5bb2f45407f-getty-90040796jg003_suns_sixers.jpg
What's with the padded compression shorts and tank tops all of a sudden??? I mean yea, basketball players are athletes and all butseriously.....they don't get hit that much to need padding and borderline body armour. Some of the things that guys get hit with and they fall to theground...I'm like really? That would never happen on the football field.....

Originally Posted by HMack007

3ea18ebee048c28e4d8367893e729bce-getty-90040797nb001_jazz_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

What's with the padded compression shorts and tank tops all of a sudden??? I mean yea, basketball players are athletes and all but seriously.....they don't get hit that much to need padding and borderline body armour. Some of the things that guys get hit with and they fall to the ground...I'm like really? That would never happen on the football field.....

Dude, you've never gotten a charlie horse? When a knee rams into your thigh? that %*@&! hurts dude. i agree that most of the time players flop, butthere are some instances where collisions do happen. I'd wear the shorts, but the padded top- not so much.

the padded compression shorts/tops/arm sleeves are just another way for clothing and apparel manufacturers like Nike and UA to make money off of us.

The gear yield some benefit to pros and college players who get knocked around and down a lot (think D.Wade), but its doubtful that casual, pickup, or highschool ballers would ever see a worthwhile return on a pair of $70 padded underwear.

Last time I got a charlie horse, I sat out a few plays, walked it off, and was back at it again full-court. Kept my $70 dollars, too...

If MJ could take on Bill Laimbeer and the bad boys without padded underwear, I figure I'll be fine on the rec courts without 'em.

It's nice to see some more creativity in the color blocking of the shoes this season. Thanks to Stern for allowing this.

That being said, man there sure are whole lot of lousy looking shoes out there this season from Nike and JB. Hyperize, Hypermax, Sharkalaid, another blandShox, M6s, etc are all easy passes. Lebron VIIs are so-so in some color and good in others, but still not great. Same goes for Jordan 16.5. Some of the bestPEs so far have been the Kobe IVs and Jordan XIIs. I sure hope things pick up around the All Star break and we get some better looking ball shoes...

all you guys saying the padding is just for aesthetics or just for the pros clearly haven't been through injuries before or don't play againsthard-nosed competitors. banging knees, charlie horses, reaching in for the ball, falling awkwardly, getting knocked down, all these things happen in the gameof bball. if you guys ever took a good hit in the thigh from someone's knee, you'll suffer from the pain for the next few days.

my point is the padding does help. people will soon realize it when they get banged up and wondered how it could've been if they had some padding there.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

all you guys saying the padding is just for aesthetics or just for the pros clearly haven't been through injuries before or don't play against hard-nosed competitors. banging knees, charlie horses, reaching in for the ball, falling awkwardly, getting knocked down, all these things happen in the game of bball. if you guys ever took a good hit in the thigh from someone's knee, you'll suffer from the pain for the next few days.

my point is the padding does help. people will soon realize it when they get banged up and wondered how it could've been if they had some padding there.
GREAT POINT ESPECIALLY BIG DUDES LIKE SHAQ RUNNING OVER PEOPLE.
laugh.gif

i wear the padded shorts....I don't want to be limping around my office the day after playing....the mcdavids i got off of ebay were $35...well worth it.

Originally Posted by HMack007

What's with the padded compression shorts and tank tops all of a sudden??? I mean yea, basketball players are athletes and all but seriously.....they don't get hit that much to need padding and borderline body armour. Some of the things that guys get hit with and they fall to the ground...I'm like really? That would never happen on the football field.....
What level of basketball have you played? I played prep school ball and some college, basketball IS a contact sport. With all of the running andjumping and cutting a lot of painful injuries happen. Because of this a lot of fluke injuries happen as well that hurt a like crazy. I played football all 4years of high-school as well and I've sustained more serious injuries playing basketball.

Blazers21NTNP: good lookin out on the pics bro!

I don't care what anyone says, the KD1's Durant has been rockin lately are clean!
pimp.gif

1edb32a56e703e97a7e638b9338a8988-getty-90040807rw014_thunder_kings.jpg

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i need to see a pic of the cut creators in the black/orange. not sure who on the suns was wearing them but they captured my attention bad lol.
It was Barbosa, been wearing them all season. Here's a picture of his PEs...

b6224n.jpg

Does anyone have pics of OJ mayo's PEs the other day when the grizz played the clippers in LA... I think they were the air max rize but in blue, at leastthat's what they looked like on tv. I couldn't really tell though...

Originally Posted by ptroupe5

Does anyone have pics of OJ mayo's PEs the other day when the grizz played the clippers in LA... I think they were the air max rize but in blue, at least that's what they looked like on tv. I couldn't really tell though...
Black & very nice...

29ca2d6271c400baafd9ed95b31fc50f-getty-90040789ng015_grizz_clips.jpg

d97544f9ddfdb7551bcfa61e6e7e0f5a-getty-90040789ng034_grizz_clips.jpg

wasitthechad ........ I absolutely suck at basketball. I played lacrosse in theACC. I've gone through SWAT school. I know how to take a hit and keep moving. Trust me, I appreciate the game of basketball and how truly gifted theathletes are....but damn....some of em are just straight "slang term for a cat"

Back
Top Bottom