[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course most people in here must be 16-22 to say that MJ and KOBE didnt have bad finals games. We all know about kobe in the finals and the playoffs....

Now I agree MJ is the GOAT. I'm actually old enough and can say I watched most of his career and seen him play in person numerous times... With that said.... Discuss

No. 10 Jordan worst - Game 3 1998 Finals - Jordan only had 24 points on a night where he took only 14 shots of which he made 7. He made 10 of 11 from the line against Utah and the Bulls won anyway. Jordan added only 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1 stl and 1 blk.

No. 9 Jordan worst - In the 1996 closer against Seattle (game 6), Jordan won on Father’s Day, and capped off a comeback like no other finishing off a 72-10 season. But in that last game he didn’t put up impressive individual stats…well he did, but just not compared to himself. He was rather Kobeish in this one. Jordan had a career Finals low 22 points on 5 of 19 shooting. He did make 11 of 12 from the line and added seven boards but he did have five turnovers. His stats weren’t his best, but it was his most satisfying title win that night!

No. 8 Jordan worst – The Seattle series in 1996 was the only time Jordan had great teammates. In game one he had a sub-par Jordan game but the team still won. MJ scored 28 points on 9 of 18 shooting. He also made 9 of 10 from the line and added 7 rebs 2 asts 2 stls and 1 blk. He did have 4 fouls, but this is Jordan’s eighth WORST finals game, that’s how good he was.

No. 7 Jordan worst – When the Bulls lost to Portland in game four of the 1992 Finals he was kind of off, but his teammates were to blame on a higher level. Jordan contributed with 32 points, but only made 11 of 26 shots from the field. He was a perfect 8 for 8 from the line but only hit 2 of 6 three’s. He did have six assists and five boards in the game but it wasn’t enough – after all he didn’t have Shaq or Gasol to make him look better.

No. 6 Jordan worst – At age 35 Jordan was the oldest NBA MVP and scoring champion ever. The first finals game in 1998 kind of showed his age and the Jazz won. Jordan did have an outstanding 33 points but he shot badly (for MJ not for Kobe) with a 13/29 shooting night and 6/8 free throws. He had two blocks but no steals and only two assists with three boards in the loss.

No. 5 Jordan worst – Game 3 1992 Finals vs. Portland wasn’t Jordan’s greatest personal performance ever, but he still willed his team to the win in the end. His point total was 26, on 11 of 22 shooting. He missed all four three pointers he took but he did have 3 steals 4 assists and 5 rebounds. In the press conference, as if apologizing for only scoring 26 in the win Jordan said, “It was a win, and that’s all that matters.”

No. 4 Jordan worst – Any loss in the Finals for Jordan was a bad game to him. In game five in 1998 vs. Utah, Jordan ‘only’ had 28 points in 45 minutes of play and the team lost. He shot an abysmal 9 of 26 from the field and the Bulls just looked lost. Jordan came up with 10 of 11 free throws but added only 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals.

No. 3 Jordan worst – Jordan did shoot 50% on the night and he held up his end of the bargain but the Bulls did lose against Seattle in game 5 of 1996. He had a personal low one assist in the game but he did score 26 points. Was he being selfish or did his teammates suck that bad? I’d go with his teammates sucked that bad, not like Shaq or Gasol. This was Longley and Wennington. After all Jordan did go 11/22 on the night in his third worst ever Finals game.

No. 2 Jordan worst – In game four vs Utah in 1997, the 34 year-old Jordan, tied a personal career finals low with only 22 points. He was 11/27 from the field, and the Bulls lost their second in a row against the Jazz.

No. 1 Jordan worst – After winning the first three in a row of the 1996 Finals the Bulls came out sluggish in game four leading to the first of two straight losses. Jordan looked a grizzled 33 years old in his worst ever finals game. He only shot 6 of 19 from the field and he made 11 of 13 free throws but he did miss both his three attempts. He only had three rebounds and two assists with one steal. His four turnovers and three fouls with 23 points in a loss, made this the worst Jordan ever played in the finals, which ain’t really that bad compared to… you know who! Ha ha ha

clark-cape-gif.gif

Put your cape away.

Last edited:
As for Lebron, it's not that he even has bad shooting games in the Finals, all the greats have, but now 2 out of the last 3 years, he just looks like he's going through the motions out there. I can't figure out why, I spoke with a few Heat fans today at work and they were saying it's like 2011 all over again. Jordan and Bean have had off nights but never have I seen them be so non-chalant and dismissive on the Finals stage, if anything especially in Bean's case they've tried to at times do too much. It boggles my mind that a transcendent talent like Lebron inexplicably just go into this bizzaro land again after I thought he broke through last season.

Legacy defining game tomorrow for LBJ.
I honestly think he has some sort of anxiety/confidence issues. You mentioned Jordan and Kobe, but remember that they started out as underdogs and made themselves into the men they are. Lebron has never had a chance to be the underdog, not for one day in his life. There's always pressure on him no matter what he does. And he tries to cover it up but clearly the pressure gets to him.

^it was actually sarcasm. atleast thats the way i took it. the post is to show how good jordans worst games were compared to lebrons.

@ohmygosher

Last edited:
Danny Green's shooting was "flash in the pan"? Dude is a lights out shooter in this league. He'll continue to light it up unless the Heat switch it up defensively/Wade pulls his head out of his ***.

As of now Green is probably the Finals MVP.
I know what he has done and how much he has improved his shot, but the comparison was still made between Green and Ray Allen.

One is proven; Green is still making a name for himself.

Averaging 22 pts vs the defending champs after averaging 7ppg,12ppg, and 8 ppg respectively in the previous series.

So yes at this point, his 27 pts were a flash in the pan.

Last edited:
^it was actually sarcasm. atleast thats the way i took it. the post is to show how good jordans worst games were compared to lebrons.

@ohmygosher

Naw, dude's trying to save Lebron by copying and pasting articles from the bleacher report that have absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed.

What's shocking is when you look at Miami's coaching staff, which of those guys is an offensive guru?
The entire staff is defensive minded, and the fix to LeBron's offensive struggles is simple.
Get in the paint, elevate over everybody and shoot the ten foot bank shot or floater.

When LeBron gets the screen, the SA defense is not showing and staying in the paint because they want him to shoot the jumper.
Well if he comes off that screen hard, takes one dribble toward the paint, takes two steps, jump stop, elevate and shoot.
The mistake LeBron is making, is he wants to go ALL THE WAY to the rim and they aren't giving him that.
There is no way Tim Duncan or Tiago Splitter can elevate as fast as LeBron can, and that ten to twelve foot floater is there all night.

The Heat toy with deficits every series now it seems dating back to last year. Not exactly worried yet.

But Game 4 obviously is a must win.

Danny Green's shooting was "flash in the pan"? Dude is a lights out shooter in this league. He'll continue to light it up unless the Heat switch it up defensively/Wade pulls his head out of his ***.

As of now Green is probably the Finals MVP.
I know what he has done and how much he has improved his shot, but the comparison was still made between Green and Ray Allen.

One is proven; Green is still making a name for himself.

Averaging 22 pts vs the defending champs after averaging 7ppg,12ppg, and 8 ppg respectively in the previous series.

So yes at this point, his 27 pts were a flash in the pan.
Green averaged better numbers than Allen in the regular season across the board, and is doing the same in the playoffs. Allen is 37 years old and washed up, at this point any game where he even shows up is a flash in the pan.

A very good 3pt shooter getting hot in a game is not that outlandish, it happens in the Finals every year. It wasn't like Green was taking dudes to the rack or doing something he normally doesn't do, he was just taking what the defense gave him. And if Miami continues to give him open looks, with his confidence he'll continue to be a factor in the series.

crazy thing is, at this point any player can have a string of 3 good games (25+ points) and be named finals mvp

nows your chance bosh!

Danny green confident is through the roof right now. He's about to whoop that *** again tomorrow.

If he win MVP it would be hilarious. First role player ever to win MVP? Lol

Parker out mean more minutes for guys like Neal and green. Ginobily can run point pretty effective in my opinion. It's a beautiful sight to see heat getting beat by their own medicine. Threes all days baby.

Honestly what is green averaging cause i feel duncan has had better all around numbers

I know green is scoring more

:lol: Danny Green isn't winning Finals MVP.

Assuming their numbers remain the same, Duncan's rebounding and blocks will put him over Green if they win the series.

Last edited:
It would be SO odd if Green won mvp. When was the last time a player won finals mvp and has never even been an all star? If ever? I know it'll have to date back to the 80s.

Also, if the heat win, who would deserve it? Bron isn't a lock at the present moment. Mike miller? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom