• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My man P C H P C H always used to make this same point when Clippers fans were clamoring for Doc to go. Who’s out there that will for sure be better? A retread NBA coach probably isn’t it and taking a chance in a college coach or an assistant is a risky. If the Sixers could convince Jay Wright to leave Villanova that might be worth the risk; otherwise stick with Brown.

Right. Completely comical how results based coaching in the NBA. It’s the dumbest **** ever

Watching people think that Doc is a great coach now, despite being the exact same guy speaks volumes to me about how perception is essentially everything when it comes to coaching

Brett Brown should absolutely not be fired, but people are dumb as hell

After Rudy's contract is up in two years, I will be very interested to see the state of the league
For sure. Look at the way the league is trending though. Sure, he will be able to get his double doubles, but all these bigs coming in the league now are able to stretch the floor and drag him out of the paint. Once he's out there, his value defensively really isn't there anymore.

I just don't get why you'd want someone like that taking up a quarter (or more) of your cap.

For sure. Look at the way the league is trending though. Sure, he will be able to get his double doubles, but all these bigs coming in the league now are able to stretch the floor and drag him out of the paint. Once he's out there, his value defensively really isn't there anymore.

I just don't get why you'd want someone like that taking up a quarter of your cap.
In theory you're right, but when you factor in that there's 30 teams and a limited amount of players who "truly deserve" that type of money then you sometimes settle for the overpay

Additionally, in a world without GSW and HOU, if we took the present west contenders I don't think Utah is so far away from them

So I get what you're saying, but when you're Salt Lake City or some o these other markets you just gotta overpay if you want any chance :lol:

I saw Capela In the GSW series catch the ball 7 feet from the basket, turn around and pass it back to EG who was 30 feet from the basket

Nah man, I’m out on those kinds of centers too. They have tremendous value in the regular season, especially if roster construction supports it, but I just can’t get with having players That are strictly lob threats on offense. And I get the gravity that comes with the roles, and I get the rim protection aspect of it, but if I can I’d rather have someone who maybe is not as good defensively but someone who doesn’t look like a fish out of water if he catches the ball more than 3 feet from the hoop.

It’s more of a barbershop take, but I can’t have my best player (Gobert) being that bad with the ball In his hands in non lob scenarios

If Mitchell and Gobert are as bad as some of y'all say they are.... :lol:

How are they making the playoffs the past two years over guys who some of y'all say are much better players.. In the Western conference no less
Guys don't take the regular season as serious on defense. Trash dudes can look better in games that don't matter. Water finds level in the playoffs tho. These weak dudes and teams get exposed quick.

Guys don't take the regular season as serious on defense. Trash dudes can look better in games that don't matter. Water finds level in the playoffs tho. These weak dudes and teams get exposed quick.
True, but like I said, Randle, Towns etc. didn't even make the playoffs. LMA and Vucci don't get out of the first round either

My point is, yeah you can say Rudy and Capela types are what they are... but these other centers outside of Jokic and Embiid (so far) haven't done anything more than them either. So specifically pointing out Rudy and Capela and saying they're trash or can't win... seems like you're ignoring the other supposed "good" centers

In theory you're right, but when you factor in that there's 30 teams and a limited amount of players who "truly deserve" that type of money then you sometimes settle for the overpay

Additionally, in a world without GSW and HOU, if we took the present west contenders I don't think Utah is so far away from them

So I get what you're saying, but when you're Salt Lake City or some o these other markets you just gotta overpay if you want any chance :lol:
You're right. Utah absolutely has to do it. Other teams/cities though, I wouldn't do it.

Utah is a good team, but once they have to play the big boys come playoff time, they have issues. Against the Rockets these last 2 years, he's averaged 12 and 10, and 11 and 10. With the way Houston spreads the floor, his defensive presence just doesn't matter enough. Same thing would happen if they played GSW. I think it would be similar against Denver too. If Dallas can fill out their roster well this summer, they are going to present the same kind of issue to Utah with Luka/KP and shooters.

If Mitchell and Gobert are as bad as some of y'all say they are.... :lol:

How are they making the playoffs the past two years over guys who some of y'all say are much better players.. In the Western conference no less

I think neither are bad at all, but there is kind of a fallacy at looking at The Jazz’s defensively principles and thinking its failing simply because of the rockets and Warriors

I think it’s inherently built to win games in the regular season but just so damn susceptible to good shooting guards come playoff time. And in general, Rudy is WAY too important of a player for the jazz to be simply a roll guy on offense for me.

You're right. Utah absolutely has to do it. Other teams/cities though, I wouldn't do it.

Utah is a good team, but once they have to play the big boys come playoff time, they have issues. Against the Rockets these last 2 years, he's averaged 12 and 10, and 11 and 10. With the way Houston spreads the floor, his defensive presence just doesn't matter enough. Same thing would happen if they played GSW. I think it would be similar against Denver too. If Dallas can fill out their roster well this summer, they are going to present the same kind of issue to Utah with Luka/KP and shooters.
This is where I say, let me see it. Let me see a Denver or a Portland or someone else other than Houston or GSW dominate Utah in a series

I don't assume this would happen quite yet

I think neither are bad at all, but there is kind of a fallacy at looking at The Jazz’s defensively principles and thinking its failing simply because of the rockets and Warriors

I think it’s inherently built to win games in the regular season but just so damn susceptible to good shooting guards come playoff time. And in general, Rudy is WAY too important of a player for the jazz to be simply a roll guy on offense for me.
Same thing I told Sox, I'm not going to assume Portland or Denver or anyone else will dominate Utah until I see it. There's no reason to, especially after the OKC series

All Houston needed was a shot blocker/rebounder and they take that series without KD. They got killed on the glass and they don’t have any rim protectors.

Also once again Gerald Green should be in Shanghai somewhere. He’s not an nba player anymore.

This is where I say, let me see it. Let me see a Denver or a Portland or someone else other than Houston or GSW dominate Utah in a series

I don't assume this would happen quite yet
Yeah I don't think they would get dominated by the non-GSW/HOU teams. That's definitely too strong of a term. I just think some of these teams are setup like kryptonite for Utah.

All Houston needed was a shot blocker/rebounder and they take that series without KD. They got killed on the glass and they don’t have any rim protectors.

Also once again Gerald Green should be in Shanghai somewhere. He’s not an nba player anymore.
So...if they had DJ, they win?

Yeah I don't think they would get dominated by the non-GSW/HOU teams. That's definitely too strong of a term. I just think some of these teams are setup like kryptonite for Utah.
Maybe, but man I really need to see it before I make a sweeping statement of any kind. Historically over the past 4 years Jazz have played Denver and Portland pretty evenly

If I’m being honest, he hasn’t been for most of his career. He had like two seasons when he was average or maybe a bit better. Otherwise, I’ve always viewed him as a negative player because of terrible shot selection and bad defense.

Back
Top Bottom